Vortech supercharger set up for 2.8 or 3.4 pr by jjd2296
Started on: 10-02-2021 11:52 AM
Replies: 2 (537 views)
Last post by: jjd2296 on 10-07-2021 03:44 PM
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2021 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a complete (minus a couple bolts for mounting the SC to the bracket and t oil line fitting) vortech v1 supercharger with the custom mounting bracket and all couplings and tubes (not shown in pics), oil feed and rain lines for he SC, the needed fitting to feed the oil drain line into your oil pan as well as a custom chip (for a 3.4 pr using series 1 3800 injectors). this can be installed on a 3.4 pr or a 2.8 ( you will need to determine the injector size needed and have a chip made if you use this on a 2.8). comes with correct pully size for the SC as well as the belt ( belt size take into account using dawgs idler pully set up). this set up produces approx 6-8 lbs of boost and really wakes up your 3.4! (and a 2.8 too if you want).

I have this same set up installed on my 87 GT currently. I was putting all the parts together to install this same set up onanother 3.4 pr engine in another car but I am going a different route with that one. the SC mounts where the AC compressor would normally be so this set up is perfect for those who dont care about AC.

I can also throw in a 87-88 oil pan if needed. the chip is set up to use a 85 ecm ( I have a spare) with knock sensor enabled. you will need to get the GM module to run the knock sensor. I have the part number from one of the other threads here on pennocks. you will also need to get a PCV from a 1995 toyota supra it fits in the fiero no problem.

PM me if interested. Looking for 3k plus shipping

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 10-04-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
free bump

2 years ago I would have jumped all over this...
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2021 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Lou, this is a nice set up, especially for those that want to keep the engine looking original but want the 3.4 block and the extra HP. I have this same set up on one of my cars and im in and around 240-250hp. And the SC is hidden away very nicely so you look stock from the top with the exception of the blower tube into the intake and the original filter box removed. A similar set up was sold by RMS for the 2.8 and I believe it retailed for 3500 then.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 10-07-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock