1987 Fiero GT project/donor for sale by ewlyon
Started on: 09-22-2021 04:30 PM
Replies: 11 (495 views)
Last post by: ewlyon on 10-06-2021 05:13 PM
ewlyon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ewlyonSend a Private Message to ewlyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,
Finally joined the forum, sadly it is to sell my 1987 Fiero GT. Automatic transmission, 54.5k miles.
I didn't see any rules against posting ebay links here but if that is not allowed I apologize.

Unfortunately the rear end is damaged due to a brake failure that ended in hitting a tree going backwards. No airbags deployed, and the car still starts and runs fine. From what I can tell all the damage is to the rear of the body and the rear cargo area. I don’t see any frame damage at all. I just don’t have the time to fix it.

Prior to the accident at least one brake caliper was dragging.There is a crack in the windshield but otherwise the exterior of the car was in good shape and still is besides the rear end. The interior is also in good shape. Tires were new as of 2020 and have less than 50 miles on them, and the battery is new as of 2/21. Before the accident there were no check engine lights, right now there are warning lights for the brakes and the rear hatch being open. The first picture shows the car before the accident but all the damage is at the rear so it still looks the same.

Clean title, ready to be a project or used as a donor for a kit car build.

Let me know if you have any questions or want more pictures of the damage.

The ebay listing is at https://www.ebay.com/itm/403180486140

I also uploaded a cold start video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAJ4by7H-Ds
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
str8maxn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for str8maxnSend a Private Message to str8maxnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"No airbags deployed" Funny...

ewlyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2021 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ewlyonSend a Private Message to ewlyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ha. Completely forgot that Fieros don't have airbags. Disregard that part I guess.
ewlyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2021 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ewlyonSend a Private Message to ewlyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumping to the top with a little over a day left on the auction.
Bluwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2021 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BluwolfSend a Private Message to BluwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wished you were couple hrs closer. Just what I'm looking for.

Good luck with sale
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was this ad a scam???

I was bidding and would be the highest bidder, then I would be outbid, then it would say I was the highest bidder again because someone else's bid was retracted. This happened 3 different times during the auction.. Then on the fourth time again! I was outbid, then said I was high bidder because the last bid was retracted AGAIN, then auction was completely cancelled...

I never bid on fieros on ebay but since it was listed on here first. I felt it was safe to bid...
ewlyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ewlyonSend a Private Message to ewlyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero John
I am sorry about that. This was my first time listing something with ebay and I made the mistake of listing it with no reserve.
One bid was cancelled at the bidders request due to having mistakenly bid 2500 dollars, one bid was also retracted by the bidder.
When I looked at the auction last night I realized that the likely ending price was going to be less than I could accept so I canceled the bids in order to end the auction before the 12 hour deadline.
That is completely my fault and understand that it doesn't make me seem trustworthy to any potential buyers but I just couldn't stomach the idea of selling it for barely over scrap value.

At this point I am reconsidering my options as far as selling it versus parting it out.
I am sorry for wasting your and anyone else's time on the auction.
Bluwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BluwolfSend a Private Message to BluwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
ewlyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ewlyonSend a Private Message to ewlyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still for sale. Since I obviously didn't like the auction format I am just going to sell it straight up.
Asking 1000, less than that and it would just make more sense for me to part out.

Since someone asked, I can't really deliver it anywhere as I don't have a usable car trailer.
If someone wanted delivery and was willing to cover the cost we could work something out but depending on distance that could quickly get more expensive than it is worth.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2021 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for explaining, I just sent you a private message..
ewlyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2021 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ewlyonSend a Private Message to ewlyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still for sale
PFF
System Bot
ewlyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2021 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ewlyonSend a Private Message to ewlyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock