WTB: IMSA Fastback Body Kit by msweldon
Started on: 06-20-2021 03:39 PM
Replies: 5 (1017 views)
Last post by: msweldon on 06-29-2021 11:05 AM
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2021 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After attending the Optima Ultimate Street Car challenge in Dawsonville GA as a spectator and talking with several of the driver/builders, I learned that widebody kits are allowed...

Not sure I will need one with my setup yet but am very interested in one to increase total 'balanced' tire proportion with regards to weight distribution.

Seeing if any IMSA's are even still out there.. i.e. In someones garage, up in storage, installed but not wanted etc...

Interested in the version that extends the body 3" on each side and attaches to the space frame.

thanks in advance...

-M
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Awalker W02

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2021 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sage has the molds I believe but a full wide body is a huge undertaking.

I have a set of knock off molds for a bumper pad notchie. They are about 2 inches wider on each side in the rear and stock up front. I could easily modify them out to 3 inches in the rear and 2 up front if needed. But switching from notchie to FB would be difficult.

I have also widened a fastback 2 inches on each side by just overlaying and spacing another skin. Here is that thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...1/HTML/097569-2.html

[This message has been edited by Awalker W02 (edited 06-21-2021).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2021 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marc... Sage has all of the Fiero Warehouse / IRM molds, including the IMSA widebodies.
He can be reached at sgwfiberglass@gmail.com
He keeps mostly nothing in stock, but builds to order. Keep in mind that he is a one-man operation, and has other personal responsibilities to handle.
With that said... If I needed something that he made, I would happily wait for the finished product.
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2021 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I’ve also been looking. As far as sage goes he simply does not currently have time but at some point hopes to be able in the future. Any leads I’m interested in I tracked down 2 or 3 but they went to a dead end.
Craig71188

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2021 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Craig71188Send a Private Message to Craig71188Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not actively searching but....
Our tube frame race car has fastback bodywork, I am always watching for spare stuff too. Raw pieces are fin as we do not use any of the stock space frame attachments.

(Sorry for the hijack, just in case there is stuff that is too much work for your project)
msweldon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2021 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msweldonSend a Private Message to msweldonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice SCCA setup... definitely like the integrated front splitter...

yeah every lead I've had as well dried quickly too...

I may have to go with Archie's widebody kit... his offers the same width increase as the IMSA. Still not sure if I'll need the extra body work to house the extra rubber but the limiting factor on tire width on stock fiero's are the rears. To maintain a front to rear tire ratio that matches the front to rear weight distribution " 43/57 generally speaking" and fit inside the stock fender width the max I can go is 275's in the rear with 215's in the front. The fronts could house much more rubber with the proper offsets. At ~400hp+ 275's with my LSD should be enough meat in the rear but a little concerned about the front. Testing will tell once the whale tale and front splitter are in place.

Craig71188, tell me more about the Mazda 6 I see in the background. I daily a 2005 6s 3.0 5spd with a few very light mods.

[This message has been edited by msweldon (edited 06-29-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock