Started on: 05-28-2021 08:07 PM
Replies: 16 (932 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 07-31-2021 11:59 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2021 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!!!

So a while back I saved a 87 GT from getting crushed. It is in such great shape, I could not let it die. The short version of the story is that it was a one owner car for 30+ years and the original owner sold it when he could no longer drive a 5 speed. An Air Force kid bought it and drove it for a few years and spun a main bearing. He pulled the motor and planned on fixing it, but life got in the way. He tried to sell it, but as a non-runnning car it did not sell. He was leaving the area and called the local Pick and Pull. They gave him $100 and that was that. The manager at the PnP knows me and when he saw the shape of the car he put it on the side lot to "hold" it. A few days later I showed up and he tossed me the keys and said to check it out. I bought it 10 min later. I had it towed to my house and started to make plans on fixing it up. Part of the purchase price was a motor and I figured the easy thing to do was wait for a 2.8L and get it up and running quick. Well, no 2.8's (or 3.4L) showed up and after a few months I picked up a 93 3.1L (gen 2) motor w/ 81K on it. Its in great shape and is clean on the inside, turns over w/ ease and overall looks to be a great swap. I've picked up a few of the usual replacement parts off "Rockauto" like gaskets, sensors, flywheel/clutch and other misc stuff, and all those parts go with the sale. Look over the pics and let me know if you have any questions. I'd like to get $1800 for it, that's about what I have in it.

SO if you have a rusted out car, with a good motor, this is your car. All that was removed was the motor, the motor harness and the ecm. If you have those parts, this will be an easy car to get up and running even if you just put your stuff in it and sell it for a profit. Thats what I was going to do.

more pics when I get them off my phone..

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 08-01-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
D3M6B

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for D3M6BSend a Private Message to D3M6BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's stuff like this I wish I was more Mechanically inclined and knowledgeable. As I would love to take this on as a project.

[This message has been edited by D3M6B (edited 05-29-2021).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob... mind if I ask why you changed your mind? "Nunya" is an acceptable answer.

Good thing I'm not closer. It's very tempting.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-29-2021).]

qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Rob... mind if I ask why you changed your mind? "Nunya" is an acceptable answer.

Good thing I'm not closer. It's very tempting.

Because I have 4 projects going on at the same time and each of them takes money and time. Of the 4, this is the only one that does not run/drive and will take the most time to get done. I thought I'd see if I could unload it and free up the resources for the other projects.

Rob
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2021 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:
Because I have 4 projects going on at the same time and each of them takes money and time. Of the 4, this is the only one that does not run/drive and will take the most time to get done. I thought I'd see if I could unload it and free up the resources for the other projects.

Rob

Gotcha. Thank you sir.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2021 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on the chassis? Glad you saved it, pretty nice car!
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2021 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

on the Fiero

on the motor
KB2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KB2Send a Private Message to KB2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in the 87 GT. Please contact me to discuss at kbienemann@aol.com Thanks
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2021 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK , out of town but will contact you in a few days
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2021 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2021 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 06-21-2021).]

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2021 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
buyer backed out, i have contacted the others who expressed via interest via PM and also letting others know its still for sale.

Rob
02greens10

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2021 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 02greens10Send a Private Message to 02greens10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent back
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2021 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still for sale, all prospective buyers have backed out.

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2021 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This 87GT looks to be in excellent condition and it shouldn't be such a big deal to get another 2.8L or 3.4L engine in there. I suggest that the OP post the price. With a good engine this would be a great car to own but for a newbie as harness rewiring would be required I would not prefer the 3.1L MPFI engine . I'll try to spread the word at our club.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2021 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
qwikgta, you have a pm.
qwikgta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2021 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sold

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock