FREE rust free Formula with rod knock. Clear title on Non-Op by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 05-02-2021 12:56 AM
Replies: 9 (449 views)
Last post by: skywurz on 05-11-2021 10:23 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car was claimed today. It's gone now.

Really surprised that I did not have a single inquiry from this forum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a rust free California Formula with automatic transmission and sunroof free for the taking. (There may be some rust on the battery tray as is common). The car has a clean title and is on Non-Op so there are no fees or penalties due. This was a reliable running car until a few months ago when it developed rod knock. I have already taken many of the usable parts as spares for my other two 88's.

The car is rollable but not steerable since I have removed the steering column. Suspension and cradle are intact. All brake calipers have been removed as well as nearly all the interior including the instrument cluster, seats, seat belts, visors and ECM. Other parts removed are the IAC, TPS, EGR solenoid, evap canister, the complete Gen 2 headlight system (but not the buckets or doors) and taillights. The car has a wing but at least one of the wing stands is cracked.

All body panels are currently still attached but the white paint is heavily oxidized and down to primer in some places. The original Formula wheels have been removed and it is sitting on two slotted style wheels and two spares. I'm doing this from memory. If you have any specific questions let me know.

The car is located near Sacramento, CA. If you are interested you need to contact me asap. I need the car gone by May 15th. If I don't have any takers the car will go to Pick N Pull by that date.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 05-11-2021).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rust free Formulas are rare. If the car was sold intact you may have achieved a higher resale value but partially parted out its probably worth only a few hundred bucks. Still a great find as a project or parts car.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaClick Here to Email Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dennis LaGrua

14090 posts
Member since May 2000
Rust free Formulas are rare. If the car was sold intact you may have achieved a higher resale value but partially parted out its probably worth only a few hundred bucks. Still a great find as a project or parts car.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2021 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If the car was sold intact you may have achieved a higher resale value

I'm not interested in offers. I'm not interested in resale value.

I'm offering it to anyone that can make use of it. I just want to keep it from being crushed.

As stated in the post... CAR IS BEING OFFERED FOR FREE.
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashClick Here to Email sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've been a victim of what so many of us have had to endure from that one. It's just ridiculous and predictable.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2021 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post up some pictures, I am sure someone will jump on this deal.
reinhart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2021 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartClick Here to Email reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too bad you aren't closer. I just shelled out $600 pulling a lot of the parts from a yard you're giving away on this car (complete front suspension, rack, etc).

Free bump.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2021 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have added pictures to the top posting.

I just added this car to the local Craigslist free section. I could probably get $50 from Pick N Pull for the car but I would prefer it go to a Fiero person than to be scrapped.

This car will go to the junk yard in a week or less. Contact me asap if you are interested.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 05-08-2021).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car was claimed today. It's gone now.

Really surprised that I did not have a single inquiry from this forum.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im not. I've been selling parts only for a brief time on here. But i have found most of the active people on here are back east or Midwest. This kills the ability to move any large parts. Craigslist is hit or miss i hardly post on there. After 3 months someone on CL finally picked up the full 88 suspension front and rear i had for $200. They weren't even going to use it for a fiero. (Dude builds batmobiles and likes the fiero platform)

Had i not gotten my GT i probably would have taken you up on this due to having a complete car with a salvage title and needing chp inspection. Plus all of the pain to get it street legal again.
You also did what i was initially planning on doing and that is completely gutting the car before talking about sending it to pnp. I abandoned the pnp thing because i decided rather have the suspension and body panels.

Glad you got it gone and hopefully to someone who will do more with it than PNP.

------------------
See my Fiero Proluge on my personal site: http://skywurz.com/node/114
See my GT Build //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/144556.html
See my Wife's 85SE Build //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/144704.html

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay