FIERO LUGGAGE by JtFIERO84
Started on: 04-21-2021 08:03 PM
Replies: 9 (988 views)
Last post by: Brian D on 09-12-2021 04:43 PM
JtFIERO84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JtFIERO84Send a Private Message to JtFIERO84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have three of the original 4 pc's of soft luggage that was purchased with my 1984 FIERO back in 1983 before the cars ever came off the production line. The General Motors stamping plant in Grand Rapids MI had one of the first proto types on display. My mother was one of only a few woman supervisors at the plant at that time and she bought one. She had to wait 45 days before the first run of Fieros were available for GM employees first. The car was definitely a head turner and fun to drive. I kept the car for two years and cruised all over the united states with it. After two years the fun was gone and I moved on to the 4 X 4 lift truck era. Back to the luggage. Now its 2021 and I came across the luggage in the attic packed away nicely for thirty five years. I am looking for a TRUE FIERO car showman to display these bags with his car. Just another item to get people to stop and talk FIERO. I am wanting to sell these pieces of luggage as a set. I am asking for offers on what you may be willing to pay for the three pieces. I am not interested in an auction and I have some local interest here in Grand Rapids but I am wanting to see what is out there in the national market. You got it, I am searching for the best price.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, a few years back, a complete set went for $1,000 on Ebay and one of our members on here had his listed for I believe $875.....and he sold them. I don't know if he was offered a lower price or actually sold them for the $875.

I sent you an email.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-21-2021).]

JtFIERO84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JtFIERO84Send a Private Message to JtFIERO84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Her name at that time was either Patricia Dufort or Patricia Lemonds, she remarried around that time. Both worked at the 36th St stamping plant.
alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the full set is 5 bags. 2 small bags, 1 medium bag, 1 large bag and then 1 garment bag. The 4 bags fit in the trunk and the garment bag hangs behind the seat.
JtFIERO84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JtFIERO84Send a Private Message to JtFIERO84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the information. I never saw the fifth bag (garment bag) . My thoughts are you must have been able to buy the bags separately.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2021 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Certainly original Fiero Luggage is a very rare option. While they will command high prices; the appeal is to the very narrow collector segment of the Fiero market. The luggage may have been a one year only option. As such the true collector would have to own a mint 84 Fiero to go with it. Good luck selling. While the demand is small, there are folks out there that buy tnis kind of stuff.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

alcazar88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for alcazar88Send a Private Message to alcazar88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do believe they were sold separately and have seen few garment bags. While they came out in 84, they fit perfectly in my 88 trunk. I have 3 88 fieros and only 2 sets of luggage....but I don't really need more. They are made from a very nice material and fit perfectly for show or go.

Good luck with the sale.
JtFIERO84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2021 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JtFIERO84Send a Private Message to JtFIERO84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's been a while since I've been on. I still have the luggage and no offers have come in from craigslist here locally in Grand Rapids MI that perked my interest to sell. I am asking $400.00 for the three pieces that I have. I no longer own a FIERO so I don't have much to talk about, with that being said, You all have a nice day. THANKS
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2021 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by alcazar88:

I do believe they were sold separately and have seen few garment bags. While they came out in 84, they fit perfectly in my 88 trunk. I have 3 88 fieros and only 2 sets of luggage....but I don't really need more. They are made from a very nice material and fit perfectly for show or go.

Good luck with the sale.

The bags were originally sold in 84 as a set of 4 with the garment bag being an option. Now dealers were given sets and many were broken up and given away as sales spiffs to the salesmen since they did not sell. Also I suspect the remaining inventory was sold off individually in 85 to clear out stock.

I have an original order form for the dealer and it was $99 for the 4 bags large bag and 2 small with one duffel bag. The Garment was $63 if I recall.

These were just dealer options that they could sell.

There are other bags out there but most are aftermarket. the factory gift shop did offer some gray bags that pop up. While they were from Pontiac they were not the same as the Maroon and Grey set.

These were cheap but as time has gone on these have gotten more and more expensive. While many do not even know of them it is rare to find a full set for sale. Most people have 1-3 bags most often. Seldom do you find the full 5 set together.

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 09-09-2021).]

Brian D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2021 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian DSend a Private Message to Brian DEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen a set in eons. I will take them for $400. Sent you a PM.

Sorry guys, just noticed the post was from May... 😬

[This message has been edited by Brian D (edited 09-12-2021).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock