'88 Formula T-Top for sale by Habanera Hal
Started on: 04-21-2021 06:44 PM
Replies: 17 (808 views)
Last post by: Habanera Hal on 05-09-2021 05:42 PM
Habanera Hal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
'88 Fiero Formula. Factory C&C T-Tops the last year for these terrific little cars. Stock 2.8/auto drivetrain, 150,000 miles.

Exterior has custom vented hood, side scoops, 91-92 Z/28 deck spoiler, new dew wipes, custom tail lights with honeycomb inserts and added bulbs. New orange paint with silver stripes and clear coat (needs to be wet sanded and polished, but looks good as is). New battery.

Interior has power windows (factory motors with aftermarket harness), remote actuated power locks, auto dim mirror with compass, MOMO steering wheel, Mr. Mike's custom upholstery, RW custom door panels, shifter and brake boots, custom glove box, fire extinguisher, Pontiac AM/FM/CD player with Bluetooth by Fiero Thomas.

Overall, car is in very good to excellent condition with a few minor issues (after all, she is 33 years old): Battery tray is rusty, but that is only rust issue - I was going to move the battery to front and just remove the old tray (trunk corners are good). Temperature gauge, cruise control and parking brake non-operable. Starts immediately, drives and stops well (S-10 brake booster). PO removed catalytic converter when muffler was replaced. Slight oil drip (she likes to mark her territory.)

Riding on stock wheels right now, but will include a set of refinished VW Golf Mk5 17x7 +55 wheels. I've measured these out and with 205/45 front and 215/45 rear with 1" spacers on rear (included) should work great.

Also have original stock hood and side panels that will go with car. I really don't want to sell, but health issues insist.

$6000 OBO. Car is garage kept in Ocala, FL

Contact Hal @ nine-five-four-802-0800 or PM me. Serious only, please.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2021 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you getting out of Fieros? Hopefully not

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-21-2021).]

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2021 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was the car a originally black exterior with beechwood interior and do you know what your C&C# ???
BigB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2021 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBSend a Private Message to BigBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What an absolutely gorgeous car. North of the border and she'd already be in my driveway !!
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIERO JOHN-WI:

Was the car a originally black exterior with beechwood interior and do you know what your C&C# ???

Assuming the wheels were originally black as they are now, I'd bet on originally grey interior. I haven't seen too many black wheel / beechwood Fieros. I believe gold wheels had to be beechwood interior. I also believe yellow could not be ordered with gold wheels.

Free bump.
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2021 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

'88 Fiero Formula. Factory C&C T-Tops the last year for these terrific little cars. Stock 2.8/auto drivetrain, 150,000 miles.

Exterior has custom vented hood, side scoops, 91-92 Z/28 deck spoiler, new dew wipes, custom tail lights with honeycomb inserts and added bulbs. New orange paint with silver stripes and clear coat (needs to be wet sanded and polished, but looks good as is). New battery.

Interior has power windows (factory motors with aftermarket harness), remote actuated power locks, auto dim mirror with compass, MOMO steering wheel, Mr. Mike's custom upholstery, RW custom door panels, shifter and brake boots, custom glove box, fire extinguisher, Pontiac AM/FM/CD player with Bluetooth by Fiero Thomas.

Overall, car is in very good to excellent condition with a few minor issues (after all, she is 33 years old): Battery tray is rusty, but that is only rust issue - I was going to move the battery to front and just remove the old tray (trunk corners are good). Temperature gauge, cruise control and parking brake non-operable. Starts immediately, drives and stops well (S-10 brake booster). PO removed catalytic converter when muffler was replaced. Slight oil drip (she likes to mark her territory.)

Riding on stock wheels right now, but will include a set of refinished VW Golf Mk5 17x7 +55 wheels. I've measured these out and with 205/45 front and 215/45 rear with 1" spacers on rear (included) should work great.

Also have original stock hood and side panels that will go with car. I really don't want to sell, but health issues insist.

$6000 OBO. Car is garage kept in Ocala, FL

Contact Hal @ nine-five-four-802-0800 or PM me. Serious only, please.

I am looking into getting another Fiero myself. This is very interesting.

------------------

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, yes. I'm 71 and it's just too hard to get in and out of. My wife won't even try.

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Are you getting out of Fieros? Hopefully not

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Habanera Hal

330 posts
Member since Apr 2012
Originally red exterior/beechwood interior. I had the no. somewhere but don't remember it. Could get from VIN # 1G2PE1197JP220248 I guess.

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2021 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal: Unfortunately, yes. I'm 71 and it's just too hard to get in and out of. My wife won't even try.

73 here and I sympathize. I was parked behind a guy in a Viper on a Coast Run several years back. He was our age and struggling to get out of the car. He looked up at me and said "Here I am, finally able to afford a toy like this and I'm too old to get out of it!"

Beautiful car, BTW.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2021 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Habanera Hal:

Originally red exterior/beechwood interior. I had the no. somewhere but don't remember it. Could get from VIN # 1G2PE1197JP220248 I guess.

Ah interesting. Were the rims originally black or gold?
PFF
System Bot
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2021 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To my knowledge, they were always black.

Originally posted by reinhart:

Ah interesting. Were the rims originally black or gold?

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2021 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Habanera Hal

330 posts
Member since Apr 2012
Found the C&C number: 718 of 1252.

Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2021 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!
jasper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2021 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can you tell me who's side scoops those are?
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2021 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine.

One offs.
jasper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasperSend a Private Message to jasperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet.....mind if I attempt to copy when my crafting skills improve a ibt?
Habanera Hal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Habanera HalSend a Private Message to Habanera HalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fine with me. I sold the car and am no longer into Fieros. My new ride will be a 2013 E-550 Cabriolet that my sister is giving me when she finishes her move to Florida.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock