Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Need a part for an 87SE, MUST be from an 87SE, no other make or model.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need a part for an 87SE, MUST be from an 87SE, no other make or model. by m0sh_man
Started on: 04-06-2021 10:54 PM
Replies: 15 (377 views)
Last post by: reinhart on 04-11-2021 06:49 AM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2021 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for someone parting out a 1987SE, it cannot be from any other make/model of car, I can PM the details of what i need if you're parting one out, Dont ask me what the part is, because you're wasting your time and mine unless you actually have an 87SE you're parting out. *IF* you do have one, let me know and i'll PM you what i need then you'll understand why it HAS TO BE a 1987SE. I've owned 56 fiero's i know what parts interchange so dont think you're going to school me on what will work for my needs. This is the only 87SE i've owned and trust me when i say no other make/model/year will interchange with my needs.

matthew
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tony Santucci

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony SantucciSend a Private Message to Tony SantucciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You might want to post what it is you're looking for. Someone might be trolling a scrapyard one day and find one for you!
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have a feeling your looking for a ground effect for the 87 se. because it was not a painted part and only came from the factory in gelcoat. This is the only part i can think of that would be year make and model specfic. FYI the 86se had the same ground effects. I know because we have an 86se red and 87se blue in the family.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2021 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

i have a feeling your looking for a ground effect for the 87 se. because it was not a painted part and only came from the factory in gelcoat. This is the only part i can think of that would be year make and model specfic. FYI the 86se had the same ground effects. I know because we have an 86se red and 87se blue in the family.

Yeah it became one of those things. Well now i gotta know.

I thought about it and the only thing i came up with that was 87 only was the Duke. But we all know it should be a v6. The 87SE should have the same body trim as the 86SE Front and rear bumper areo trim and ground effects. Then i thought about the base bumpers they changed the front and rear bumper in 87 but its the same in 88 as well. The seats from 86 to 87 should be the same.
The only thing i can think of is dome light.

I got my second shot today so im not feeling right... But my 87 has a black dome light with 3 buttons. I haven't seen another one like it.

[This message has been edited by skywurz (edited 04-07-2021).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Passenger side undercar cooling tube is unique to the 87.

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Santucci:

You might want to post what it is you're looking for. Someone might be trolling a scrapyard one day and find one for you!
Not something a scrapyard will have.

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

m0sh_man

8460 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Seeing as this isnt facebook and its PFF, i'll just say it, I've got an extremely rare production 1987SE in factory blue v6 5 speed car, previous owner passed away in ohio in 1994 or 95, it was sitting in a barn till 2001, then was purchased as a parts car with no title, i just procured it about 3 weeks ago and my state has been horrific about trying to get titles for cars without titles but were legally purchased, so what i'm looking for is a set of the two metal vin tags along with a legal title for the two vin tags, THAT is why it must be an 1987SE, no other car will do for me, I dont mind the legal ramifications of changing them, thats all on me, But i'm not gonna be that @sshole that puts 86SE tags on an 87SE or anything else. GM didnt make records of the colors for each vin # other than the original RPO sheet under the hood and thats just a sticker that can be reproduced. I've parted out like 30-40 fiero's over the last 20 years and this is the first 1987SE i've ever had in my hands it's my unicorn and its as rust free as any ohio car i've ever seen (original battery tray in great shape) I'm not gonna let it go the way of a parts car any longer. Now, *IF* someone here can step me through the title process for the "vermont loophole" or can legaly get me a title for this car using its original vin, I'd love to pay for someones time if it all works out.

matthew

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 04-08-2021).]

sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2021 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure someone is willing to conspire with you in that endeavor.

But what about the title loan company that holds the title for an unpaid loan on the car?
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sourmash:

I'm sure someone is willing to conspire with you in that endeavor.

But what about the title loan company that holds the title for an unpaid loan on the car?

the current vin # show's no records of lien or theft, it was OWNED by the deceased person, their family sold the car to the previous owner (before me) without the title because they didnt want to goto the DMV with the legal forms and such to get the title to a car that had been sitting for years. (from information i've gathered) so there is no title loan company involved in this case.

matthew
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeing that we all have to guess what the OP is looking for, my guess would be a VIN tag.

Being that VIN tags are under Federal Government control and any VIN tag sale is a felony, that ain't happening. At least, not by me.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

Seeing as this isnt facebook and its PFF, i'll just say it, I've got an extremely rare production 1987SE in factory blue v6 5 speed car, previous owner passed away in ohio in 1994 or 95, it was sitting in a barn till 2001, then was purchased as a parts car with no title,

matthew

I know Matt used to be able to get titles in OH, but he said they have really been cracking down here. Used to be easier. Wonder if Jeremy at The Fiero Factory could help out.

Might be worth tracking the original owners down and offering them $500 to go the Title Bureau with you. Of course if i remember, you are in BFE WV. lol

-Brian

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

I know Matt used to be able to get titles in OH, but he said they have really been cracking down here. Used to be easier. Wonder if Jeremy at The Fiero Factory could help out.

Might be worth tracking the original owners down and offering them $500 to go the Title Bureau with you. Of course if i remember, you are in BFE WV. lol

-Brian

I'm actually about 8 minutes to the state capitol building, not out in the middle of nowhere. Original owner deceased for over 25 years now, and their next of kin is i'm sure elderly as well. *IF* i owned a business i could put a mechanics lien on it and file for a title that way, I may have to find a business owner willing to help me out on this one.

This car came from about 40 minutes northwest of columbus ohio, Not sure where the previous owner picked it up (just literally told me a barn/shed in ohio) I did get a notorized bill of sale when i purchased it.
skywurz

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skywurzClick Here to visit skywurz's HomePageSend a Private Message to skywurzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have that particular one. Close but not quite.
Sorry your state sucks.

I know this doesn't help you but.. In CA its a bit of a process too. If you have no paperwork you just fill out a application for new title. As long as it's not in the system they do a vin inspection. If your door sticker is damaged they send you to CHP. CHP looks at the column tag checks if the vehicle shows up as stolen. Then you go back get a blessing and a temp to get it snogged and sometimes a brake and lamp inspection depending on how you answered questions. Then once all of that is passed they will issue you registration and title.

Edit:
Oh man i just read up on OH unclaimed vehicle titles and court order titles. Good luck man.

[This message has been edited by skywurz (edited 04-08-2021).]

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2021 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skywurz:

I don't have that particular one. Close but not quite.
Sorry your state sucks.

I know this doesn't help you but.. In CA its a bit of a process too. If you have no paperwork you just fill out a application for new title. As long as it's not in the system they do a vin inspection. If your door sticker is damaged they send you to CHP. CHP looks at the column tag checks if the vehicle shows up as stolen. Then you go back get a blessing and a temp to get it snogged and sometimes a brake and lamp inspection depending on how you answered questions. Then once all of that is passed they will issue you registration and title.

Edit:
Oh man i just read up on OH unclaimed vehicle titles and court order titles. Good luck man.

WV may be different than ohio to get a title, I'm in charleston WV, But the last thing i purchased without a title was from a tow yard auction, 2010 honda fury, as-is, from what i gathered, if i wanted to file for an abondoned vehicle title, i had to have the sheriffs dept. come take posession of my vehicle, they then hold it for 180 days, upon which time they send a certified letter to the last registered owner, *IF* there's no response then they attempt to place a listing in the local news paper, if no one responds with legal ownership then an abandoned vehicle title could be awarded, I also have to pay a huge fee for all of their "leg work" and *IF* a legal owner comes to claim the property, then they have to pay me $10 storage fee PER DAY that the vehicle was in my possession OR sign over the legal rights to the vehicle (the title) *IF* they pay me, then i'm out the vehicle, but at this point i could say i've had the vehicle since 2001 and that would be alot of money in storage fee's.

in the end, I purchased a 2010 honda fury frame with legal title from a dismantling shop in parkersburg WV and moved all the undamaged parts from my 2010 model over to it (everything but the shifter pegs and handlebars were good on my auction bike)

Tony Santucci

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony SantucciSend a Private Message to Tony SantucciEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The state of New Hampshire doesn't require a title for a car that old. So you sell it bill of sale to some one in NH. Then they sell it back to you (probably need a notarized bill of sale). Now you have two bills of sale for the vehicle. North carolina is a pain too. This is the route I took to register my title less 1985 Chevy truck.
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2021 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Passenger side undercar cooling tube is unique to the 87.

Trying to think why this would be...is it something to do with the heater core split at the end of the pipe?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock