Trailer hitch by Awalker W02
Started on: 03-21-2021 05:27 PM
Replies: 9 (297 views)
Last post by: Awalker W02 on 03-29-2021 09:13 AM
Awalker W02

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a trailer hitch for an 84-87. Not 100% sure if it works in 88. Pm me if Interested
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post a pix of it and I will be able to tell you as the two I sold recently fit all years of Fiero's since it al depends on where and how the attach to the car. Thanks.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Universal" trailer hitches tend to fit the Fiero but there was a guy on this forum a while back that made a custom hidden hitch that installed behind the fascia and located the arm insert point behind a license plate that hinged down. While a neat idea for good looks, your license plate had to be swung down for the hitch arm and ball assembly to be inserted. Not sure about that though.
Should you have occasion to be traveling a long distance and be away for a week, a trailer hitch that would allow attaching a small storage trailer behind would give more room for clothing and personal stuff. I've seen several Fieros at the shows towing motorcycle trailers.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2021 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I figured it was universal but the ones I found on eBay said 84-87 It come out under the plate not behind. I will get some photos. It is in used condition.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Awalker W02:

I figured it was universal but the ones I found on eBay said 84-87 It come out under the plate not behind. I will get some photos. It is in used condition.

That is a standard universal trailer hitch and IMO the best option. Universal trailer hitches are sometimes adjustable for fit but not all are. We know the 88 cradle is unique and its possible the frame setup on the 88 is different so where this hitch attaches may tell the story. Here is how it attaches:
Trailer Hitch Installation

Looks like the fixed mount attaches to the cradle so the 88 may need an adjustable hitch.

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-22-2021).]

Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2021 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last two hitches that I had looked like the one in the attached photo and it was mounted on an 88 Fiero GT that I purchased. It attached to the metal bumper supports and bar. I hope this pix helps.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Hubbert:

The last two hitches that I had looked like the one in the attached photo and it was mounted on an 88 Fiero GT that I purchased. It attached to the metal bumper supports and bar. I hope this pix helps.

That hitch looks very well made but does it fit the 88 only? Not sure about that one but eventually I will need a hitch on my 85GT ragtop. My wife just takes too much stuff along for the small trunk and limited front space. Will need a small trailer for more than an overnight.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, P-log Manifold, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, Champion Radiator, S10 Brake Booster, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2021 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hitch that was on my Formula when I purchased it attached to the lower frame rails aft of the rear cradle bolts and fit all years of the Fiero.

It didn't take me long to decide to remove it.....
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

The hitch that was on my Formula when I purchased it attached to the lower frame rails aft of the rear cradle bolts and fit all years of the Fiero.

It didn't take me long to decide to remove it.....

To each their own.

I've had hitches on a few of my Fieros. Their use depends strictly on how one use's the Fiero, who goes along, the length of the trip and how those folks pack.
I let the hitch on that 88 Formula T Top I just sold go with it but now wish I had kept it. Just cause it's always nice to be able to tow a small trailer if one chooses to do so.
I'm curious as to why the price is not stated on this hitch.

Rams

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 03-29-2021).]

Awalker W02

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2021 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Awalker W02Send a Private Message to Awalker W02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
To each their own.

I've had hitches on a few of my Fieros. Their use depends strictly on how one use's the Fiero, who goes along, the length of the trip and how those folks pack.
I let the hitch on that 88 Formula T Top I just sold go with it but now wish I had kept it. Just cause it's always nice to be able to tow a small trailer if one chooses to do so.
I'm curious as to why the price is not stated on this hitch.

Rams

I don’t know what it’s worth. It came with an 87 gt I picked up this last year.
I know I won’t ever use the hitch. If we go anywhere longer than 3 days in a Fiero my Wife insists we haul it there hehe.

I’m not one of those people who try to price gouge anyone. If it’s worth 100 bucks then great. But if that’s to much I don’t want to look like an idiot. Lol.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock