Anybody looking for dew wipes? by silver 85 sc
Started on: 12-01-2020 07:32 PM
Replies: 64 (2357 views)
Last post by: MRBLUE87 on 04-19-2023 08:56 PM
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2021 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well materials are mostly here, I will be producing 15 sets this weekend.

Rich
IP: Logged
luvsdonuts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luvsdonutsSend a Private Message to luvsdonutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you still have sets left?

------------------
You don't wanna know it will only serve to frighten you... ;-)
Had 85' GT and her sister the 87' GT. 87' was wrecked and then combined with the 85' so I now have a 85.5 GT. Will be purchasing another GT for a Caddy Swap.

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2021 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by luvsdonuts:

Do you still have sets left?

Just did a run of 15, have 11 sets left, with several orders pending.

Rich
luvsdonuts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2021 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for luvsdonutsSend a Private Message to luvsdonutsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

Just did a run of 15, have 11 sets left, with several orders pending.

Rich

I sent you a PM to arrange payment for a set. Thanks!
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are these dew wipes considered better quality than the Fiero Store? I may be down for a set.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2021 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

Are these dew wipes considered better quality than the Fiero Store? I may be down for a set.

That I am not sure of. I have never held a Fiero Store dew wipe. I do know that I have been selling 60-70 sets per year for the last 5 or 6 years, with this year being already at 60+.

Rich

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2021 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ready to buy a set .PM sent
reinhart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2021 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich did you get my payment from 5/6? I haven't heard anything. Thanks.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2021 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the order you sent. Instead of two sets, you mistakenly sent me 3 of one side and 1 of the other side. I'm not sure which side is which but here's a picture. Please send me the one I only got one of.

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2021 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

Got the order you sent. Instead of two sets, you mistakenly sent me 3 of one side and 1 of the other side. I'm not sure which side is which but here's a picture. Please send me the one I only got one of.

When I started making these they were both the same. Due to availablility of blanks sometimes I end up with opposites like you have. I currently am out the blanks that would make an opposite to what you have. You shouldn't have any issues installing them the way they are.

Rich
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2021 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not happy with this. If you were going to send me mismatched sets of 3 left and 1 right or vice versa, you should have let me know beforehand. You told me you had these in stock not that you had enough for one side but not the other. Please arrange for return shipping and give me a refund. If I wanted to do my own weatherstrip making I'd have just bought a roll of this material and cut my own. The reason I paid you was to get them done for me not so I'd be sitting there cutting and measuring my own and jerry-rigging them to kinda maybe fit.
PFF
System Bot
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2021 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
TheseusRises

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2021 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheseusRisesSend a Private Message to TheseusRisesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to order a full set. Please PM me, as I'm not particularly great at Pennocks.
Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2021 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received mine a few weeks ago and installed last night. Good product, nice fit, but have to admit it was not a fun job. The only suggestion I have on improving the product is, the GN ones have a slots for the screws so you have wiggle room for the screws to go through, whereas the repos only have 2 tiny holes where the slot normally is, and that can cause problems with alignment when you get a couple screws in and your other holes line up in-between the 2 pre-drilled holes provided.

[This message has been edited by Skybax (edited 05-25-2021).]

reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2021 05:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't speak for the outer wipes but I can tell you the inner wipes are complete garbage. Buyer beware.

There are two major types of flaws with what he's selling: 1) Design flaw, 2) Execution flaw

Design flaw:
Apparently Rich copied his inner design from someone that originally came up with the idea to make these. The design was very bad because it looks like the person just looked for the first thing that would fit over the metal flange that holds the wipes onto the door without any regard to the wipe part. Consequently, the wipe part is mounted to the top of the flange mount hump instead of from the bottom of the hump like the OEM ones. The reason this is important is because the wipes may mount onto the door flange, but the wipes now extend a full 5/8" higher than the OEM ones. Why does this matter? Well with the wondow up, it blocks out that 5/8" between the door and the glass. With the window down, it sticks up and kind of hangs over the outer wipes, whereas the OEM ones end at the same height and look right. Overall just a sloppy design.

Execution flaw:
Even if you were ok with this design flaw and said ok I don't care that my wipes stick up an extra 5/8" blocks my window and flops around, the other problem is Rich takes no pride in making these. First off, I didn't even receive two lefts and two rights like I ordered but 3 lefts and 1 right. Rich's response, just hack one up and make it fit. Next as I was looking them over and seeing if they would even be useable, it became all too obvious, the wipes are very sloppily put together. The ends that should be at a right angle are jagged with some having the felt longer than the mount, some having the mount longer than the felt and some that are kinda even.

The part that Rich apparently has to trim down to get it to fit is also done very sloppily with sharp edges and ridges along the entire edge you could easily cut a finger one if you're not careful.

Interestingly enough I noticed Rich has no problem showing a cross-section and zoom in on the outers he sells but only far off images with no cross-section or close up of the inners. Also he never would dare show an installed picture of these. He just hopes once you receive them you won't say anything and just accept his shoddy product. Had he disclosed the flaws I pointed out, I think a lot fewer orders would be made.

Pulling back the cover of darkness on this product. If you're ok with all of the above facts, by all means order them. However, Rich should be up front about what he's actually selling and honest enough to present the facts to potential buyers which he fails to do.

Also Rich does not stand by his product after the sale. Not only did he take over two weeks to ship to me after I paid him, but I had to open a paypal dispute as Rich would not give me a refund for this shoddy product.

Buyer beware.

[This message has been edited by reinhart (edited 05-28-2021).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2021 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reinhart:

I can't speak for the outer wipes but I can tell you the inner wipes are complete garbage. Buyer beware.

There are two major types of flaws with what he's selling: 1) Design flaw, 2) Execution flaw

Design flaw:
Apparently Rich copied his inner design from someone that originally came up with the idea to make these. The design was very bad because it looks like the person just looked for the first thing that would fit over the metal flange that holds the wipes onto the door without any regard to the wipe part. Consequently, the wipe part is mounted to the top of the flange mount hump instead of from the bottom of the hump like the OEM ones. The reason this is important is because the wipes may mount onto the door flange, but the wipes now extend a full 5/8" higher than the OEM ones. Why does this matter? Well with the wondow up, it blocks out that 5/8" between the door and the glass. With the window down, it sticks up and kind of hangs over the outer wipes, whereas the OEM ones end at the same height and look right. Overall just a sloppy design.

Execution flaw:
Even if you were ok with this design flaw and said ok I don't care that my wipes stick up an extra 5/8" blocks my window and flops around, the other problem is Rich takes no pride in making these. First off, I didn't even receive two lefts and two rights like I ordered but 3 lefts and 1 right. Rich's response, just hack one up and make it fit. Next as I was looking them over and seeing if they would even be useable, it became all too obvious, the wipes are very sloppily put together. The ends that should be at a right angle are jagged with some having the felt longer than the mount, some having the mount longer than the felt and some that are kinda even.

The part that Rich apparently has to trim down to get it to fit is also done very sloppily with sharp edges and ridges along the entire edge you could easily cut a finger one if you're not careful.

Interestingly enough I noticed Rich has no problem showing a cross-section and zoom in on the outers he sells but only far off images with no cross-section or close up of the inners. Also he never would dare show an installed picture of these. He just hopes once you receive them you won't say anything and just accept his shoddy product. Had he disclosed the flaws I pointed out, I think a lot fewer orders would be made.

Pulling back the cover of darkness on this product. If you're ok with all of the above facts, by all means order them. However, Rich should be up front about what he's actually selling and honest enough to present the facts to potential buyers which he fails to do.

Also Rich does not stand by his product after the sale. Not only did he take over two weeks to ship to me after I paid him, but I had to open a paypal dispute as Rich would not give me a refund for this shoddy product.

Buyer beware.

Return for refund pretty simple. 100 plus sets sold made them the same way for at least 5 years.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2021 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent money by paypal about 2 weeks ago. Wondering if you have shipped yet.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2021 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

Sent money by paypal about 2 weeks ago. Wondering if you have shipped yet.

Yes they are shipped.

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2021 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2022 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2022 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Rich,
Are you still making the outer dew wipes?

Yes I am. I have 1 set left on the current batch, then I will be out of mirror and felt tabs until the end of the month.
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2022 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I passed your info on to a guy on CL that was looking for a set. Glad you are still in business!

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2023 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich, Looking for two sets of outers if you are still making them
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2023 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRBLUE87:

Rich, Looking for two sets of outers if you are still making them

Just got a batch of supplies.

Rich

MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2023 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rich, I will take two sets of outers. Sent a PM.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock