Started on: 11-26-2020 08:13 AM
Replies: 14 (916 views)
Last post by: Larry Hubbert on 02-12-2021 09:07 AM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One set of GT1 Style 1/4 panel scoops from Fiero Fiberglass molds.

Tried to put these on Pennocks Auctions, but got an "Internal Server Error" and wouldn't let me post them there.

So decided to put them here, and take offers.

If no takers here, they will go on ebay.

Not sure what they sold for when JimmyS was selling them, these are out of the original molds from Jimmy, but are brand new.

White gel coat finish, mounting holes drilled, scoop openings cut out, (the openings can be enlarged if desired), screens can be installed if you want, I can also drill the holes for Aero GFX if your car has them, or you can drill them if you want if your car has them.

"Reserve" is $350 + actual shipping costs. In other words, that's the least I will let them go for.

Thought I'd offer them up here first and I will donate 10% to Cliff, as that's how much ebay will take if they go there and sell instead.

I've had numerous requests/inquires for these panels, so...here they are.

Thanks for the space.

HAGO!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
starting price seems on point, any chance with everything going on in the world you had a chance to get anything else made? Best Wishes.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

starting price seems on point, any chance with everything going on in the world you had a chance to get anything else made? Best Wishes.

I don't get very much time at the shop anymore. I have made and shipped several items over the last year or so, but have not "stock-piled" anything.

Generally what I've been doing, is when I do get a couple hours at the shop, I make something that I know people have put in "orders" for. When nearly complete, I go to the oldest email I have that requested that part. I send and email to that person asking if they are still interested/wanting that part. If they respond positively, we make arrangements for payment and shipping, then I ship the parts out to them when they are ready.

If they respond negatively, I move on to the next oldest "order" for that same part, and repeat the process.

If I get no response within about 3 days, I move up the list anyway.

Not a real "efficient" way to operate, but I have so many inquiries, requests from so long ago, it's the best way I can figure to be fair about it. It's also one of the reasons I never take money up front from anybody.

It's been difficult to say the least, especially since I now am doing everything, not just making the parts, like it used to be when Doug had the FieroWarehouse up and running.
He used to field emails, take orders, collect payment and ship most of the parts.
He doesn't do any of that anymore.
That coupled with the fact that I'm lucky to get 8 hours total a week at the shop, makes it very difficult to produce parts in a timely manner.
There have been occasions where it took me longer to make a "box"/crate to ship something in, than it did to make the part! And I hand carry everything to FedEx to ship it, which isn't "that" far, but it takes time away from everything else.

The main deterrent, is the time I put in helping my wife with everyday living, since she was right side paralyzed with brain deficits due to a burst brain aneurysm and stroke back in 2005. There are several other health issues she has to live with, like lifelong type1 diabetes, with all the ramifications associated with that.

I'm not "complaining" here, just trying to give some perspective as to why I can't turn out parts the way I'd like to, the way I used to, and most importantly, the way people who want them would like me to be able to.

So short answer to your question is "Yes...but not near as much as I'd like to be able to!"

So what I generally tell folks is if you're in a hurry, I'm probably not your guy, but if you can wait, eventually, I'll get you taken care of if you really want/need the part/s.

I had an opportunity to make these panels, and I've had a number of inquiries about them, so thought I'd try a set and see how it goes. Am also trying to create new molds for some other things, and I do still also, make parts that people have asked for and "ordered".

Thanks for the space.

HAGO!
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now wait a minute, Fiero Fiberglass charged an extra 30 bucks to drill the holes. You're including the holes in the price?

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 11-26-2020).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2020 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Now wait a minute, Fiero Fiberglass charged an extra 30 bucks to drill the holes. You're including the holes in the price?

Holes included at no charge on this set! (Black Friday "Special"... )

HAGO!

ron768

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
ron768

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ron768

775 posts
Member since Apr 2004
PM sent.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2020 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ron768:

PM sent.

Received and answered.

HAGO!

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2020 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!

10% sent to Cliff.

Thanks for the space....HAGO!
JB1972

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JB1972Send a Private Message to JB1972Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The GT1 style scoops are available again!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/079101.html
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2021 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HAGO

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 02-07-2021).]

Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you be willing to say how much the scoops sold for? I am sure everyone would like to know what the final price was so they have a general idea as to what the new ones should be selling for. Thank you, have a great day and most of all stay safe.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2021 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Larry Hubbert:

Would you be willing to say how much the scoops sold for? I am sure everyone would like to know what the final price was so they have a general idea as to what the new ones should be selling for. Thank you, have a great day and most of all stay safe.

If you mean me, they sold for $350 plus shipping, same as all the other quarter panels I make, and drill the mounting holes in and cut out the scoop openings.

Donated $35 to Cliff and they went to a customer in Arkansas, as I recall, but I don't swear to nuthin' these days....I don't recall things as well as I used to!

If you didn't mean me, then I guess I can't help ya'!

HAGO!
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2021 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you as I am sure that others wanted to know as well. I hope that everything turns out well for you and your family and are soon able to return to making some of he High Quality parts we are accustomed to see from you. In the meantime Thanks for the reply, have a great weekend and most of all stay safe.
LarryH

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock