WTB 87 Isuzu Transmission by CrazyDragn
Started on: 10-23-2019 12:56 PM
Replies: 10 (346 views)
Last post by: CrazyDragn on 12-04-2019 12:27 PM
CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2019 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for an Isuzu transmission out of an 87.
the last two that I have bought have broken driveshafts in them. Can someone let me know if they have a good condition Isuzu trans that can handle a NA 3800 series II engine or let me know where to get one...........Please.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2019 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably not much help since im way in California (Bay Area), I have a good working Getrag from an early ‘87 GT I parted out a few years back. Shipping would be expensive though..
-Crasian

[This message has been edited by Crasian (edited 10-23-2019).]

da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2019 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you thought about just rebuilding your current trans? Might hold up a little better to have new parts in them vs trying to obtain a decent used one. Might also be able to get suggestions from the rebuilder on stronger components.
CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2019 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my problem is i have alot of thieves around my house.

they have stolen from me twice now. This time they took everything including my welders and my air compressors. air tools - all of it. my insurance wouldnt take care of it per my building was somehow left unlocked. so they walked right in.

I have since then installed a camera home surveillance system . but its all hindsight now. I have a local mechanic who use to work on fieros from the dealership. he states he can get a trans with a warranty on it. Im just afraid it would be way to expensive.
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why not switch over to a 5 speed Getrag? They are stronger and will bolt in however you will need the cables as well. I have 2 Getrag's at the moment both with around 100K on them and no problems whatsoever. They shift very smoothly and both came out of 88 GT's that had title issues, no accidents. If interested please email me for HiRes pix and prices at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM Thanks.
Larry Hubbert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2019 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larry Hubbert

561 posts
Member since Nov 2015
Why not switch over to a 5 speed Getrag? They are stronger and will bolt in however you will need the cables as well. I have 2 Getrag's at the moment both with around 100K on them and no problems whatsoever. They shift very smoothly and both came out of 88 GT's that had title issues, no accidents. If interested please email me for HiRes pix and prices at LHUBBERT2@BRIGHTHOUSE.COM Thanks.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2019 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can get the 'updated' isuzu trans from the newer 2000 era cars. I wouldn't even bother with a "fiero" one anymore.
da.slyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2019 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

You can get the 'updated' isuzu trans from the newer 2000 era cars. I wouldn't even bother with a "fiero" one anymore.

Interesting, I might have to search for this swap over on this forum. Unless you have a handy link already
FieroJonney

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2019 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJonneySend a Private Message to FieroJonneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87 SE with a Isuzu 5 speed and 3800 na. I daily drove it last summer since it was complete. So far so good. But I've felt the trans slip a couple times so I dunno how it will last. I felt it slip at 4500 rpm in second and then same in third. Unless it was my tires slipping but I doubt it. Lol.
If you plan on driving it hard I don't think this trans will last.
sourmash

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2019 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be a clutch slipping, no?

PM sent to OP.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 12-03-2019).]

CrazyDragn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2019 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What and or where can these 2000 isuzu trans be found on?
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock