WTB wanted fiero gas tank and sender unit by way2qik4u
Started on: 01-10-2019 04:30 PM
Replies: 14 (361 views)
Last post by: way2qik4u on 01-25-2019 03:18 PM
way2qik4u

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2019 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a fiero gas tank assembly I live in az so if you aren't close it will need shipping, using my own fuel pump so yours doesn't have to be good

[This message has been edited by way2qik4u (edited 01-11-2019).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Flyboygt86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero Store has new sending units that are far better than the original ever was.
Bubblhd90

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a older junkyard here in Pueblo, Co called 29th street auto, and they have 6 fieros in there and they all have their gas tanks. 29th will pull the tank and ship if you want to go that route. They only deal in older cars, nothing new. Their earliest is an 84 and newest is 86 GT. 719 543 4247. Good luck with your hunt.

86GT

87GT 3800 conversion
Bubblhd90

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2019 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bubblhd90Send a Private Message to Bubblhd90Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bubblhd90

47 posts
Member since Feb 2017
There is a older junkyard here in Pueblo, Co called 29th street auto, and they have 6 fieros in there and they all have their gas tanks. 29th will pull the tank and ship if you want to go that route. They only deal in older cars, nothing new. Their earliest is an 84 and newest is 86 GT. 719 543 4247. Good luck with your hunt.

86GT

87GT 3800 conversion
way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2019 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

way2qik4u

29 posts
Member since Dec 2018
thanks for the infomation Bubblhd90, they are closed today , saturday, so I will try them monday.....thanks again
way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2019 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
unfortunately all the fieros they had have had their gas tanks center punched, so still looking...........anybody?
Harold James Kie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harold James KieSend a Private Message to Harold James KieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This request comes up from time to time and from what I am told it is difficult to ship a used gas tank. I have a tank from an 86 that is in very good condition that offered to a prior PFF request but I could not find a way to send it so it still remains in the back of my shop. If you are in Idaho you can have it.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Harold James Kie:

This request comes up from time to time and from what I am told it is difficult to ship a used gas tank. I have a tank from an 86 that is in very good condition that offered to a prior PFF request but I could not find a way to send it so it still remains in the back of my shop. If you are in Idaho you can have it.

I have used Greyhound or Trailways to ship some large items like bumpers at a somewhat reasonable price.

Nelson
Harold James Kie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harold James KieSend a Private Message to Harold James KieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure but I do not think the size was the issue as much as what it is. I only suspect this as I offered the tank for sale a while ago and other members of PFF informed me of the difficulty in sending a gas tank via any of the carriers. Apparently they think it is "hazardous" and do not want to have any problems with the potential issues. There may be ways to circumvent it but at some point it no longer become cost effective - at least not yet. I suppose that if you put in a sealed box and told the carrier it was something other than a gas tank you may be able to send it by way of UPS or whomever. I will stop by the UPS store in a couple of days and ask what restrictions there may be and then I will post what ever I find. I bought a new 88 gas tank in 1989 in anticipation of the issue and I installed it later on in my 86 Fiero so I still have my original tank that is in very good condition but just taking up space in the shop.
way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just called my ups store and told them I have a reconditioned fuel tank that has been checked and flushed of any fuel and that I needed to send it. They were very nice and said if it doesn't have gasoline in it or smell like it then sending is no problem. I also know a race car place by here that orders fuel tanks and has no problems with empty tanks being sent back and forth. So I do not see the problem with shipping gas tanks. I have also ordered fuel pumps through ups and FedEx and have never had a problem given the nature of them. I think the problem lies in sending a tank that obviously smells like gas that sends up the red flag, and that saying the tank has been thoroughly cleaned and reconditioned does the trick..........but then again I would not say anything even reconditioned thoroughly cleaned fuel tank unless I was first asked. Below is ups description of how a gas tank that may hold fuel is not allowed, however, a reconditioned one obviously has been cleaned of all fuel

https://www.ups.com/us/en/h...ls/common-items.page

[This message has been edited by way2qik4u (edited 01-15-2019).]

PFF
System Bot
Harold James Kie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2019 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Harold James KieSend a Private Message to Harold James KieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for that information, it was well presented. Recently I shipped via UPS a physical therapy device that I had made to a patient in California and they shipped it sans any box or wrapping - just a tag. They did tell me that they have a very difficult time with damaged goods so they ask that if it is anything of value or importance then it is up to you the paying customer to package it to where they/you feel it is OK. So, knowing all of that if anyone wants my gas tank send me a PM and we can work it out. I would think that with the gas tank if you just blocked the openings in it there would be no question as for the smell of gasoline. Thanks once again.
guitarfreak235

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2019 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for guitarfreak235Send a Private Message to guitarfreak235Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 tank with no rust, great condition. Its all yours if you are willing to pay for shipping
way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2019 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
guitarfreak235 pm'ed............please note people in the forum reading my request for a gas tank please quit jumping ahead of me and snipping the tanks its getting very frustrating and I consider a rather unethical of a thing to do.....I don't mean to offend anybody if that comment did.

[This message has been edited by way2qik4u (edited 01-23-2019).]

way2qik4u

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2019 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for way2qik4uSend a Private Message to way2qik4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thanks to Harold James Kie a member here who came through for me with a tank........thanks!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock