Started on: 05-25-2018 03:46 PM
Replies: 11 (696 views)
Last post by: Blacktree on 05-29-2018 06:40 PM
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2018 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I recently upgraded to a racing intake, so I have no use for the Trueleo intake. It was custom made to fit a Buick GN throttle body. I made a custom throttle cable bracket, so the stock V6 throttle cable could work with the Buick throttle body. I also had to make a new intake hose, and modify the air cleaner canister to make everything work together. And I modified the base of the air cleaner canister, to increase its airflow capacity. Plus I had a custom vacuum distribution block made for the throttle body, to eliminate the need for vacuum ports sticking out the side of the intake manifold.

This Trueleo intake doesn't have any provision for EGR. And the throttle body doesn't have ported vacuum (only manifold vacuum). Just FYI.

I cleaned up all the parts and repainted them. The throttle body is painted with silver engine block paint. Everything else is painted with black POR-15. The finish is not what I would consider "show car pretty". So if you plan on using this on a show car, you may need to put some more work into the appearance.

I'm also including some extras, to save you the trouble of tracking down the parts yourself. Included is a new Fel-Pro manifold gasket, new air filter canister gaskets from Rodney Dickman, a new Fram air filter, a new IAC valve, and a used but good TPS. The throttle body gasket is already installed. The only thing missing is the MAT sensor.

Here are some photos:

Asking price is $550 shipped to anywhere in the USA. No international shipping. I prefer Paypal or money order for payment. If you're interested, please send me an email.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2018 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Not bad at all.
GLWS!
Crasian

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2018 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CrasianSend a Private Message to CrasianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that’s killer! I just went to their website, I guess there is 2 different ones, long and short. Which one is this?...
Villain

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VillainSend a Private Message to VillainEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried to email, no response, email me at trentmela@gmail.com if you can
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great deal for a handmade piece. It's certainly far better flowing than the stock manifold but how much it will boost power may be a key point.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fit under decklid without modifying anything?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

Fit under decklid without modifying anything?

The fastback was never an issue. Part way through production, Trueleo modified the plenum so it wouldn't touch the underside of the notchie lid. (Interference was minimal, anyway.)
This one has that modification. The flat spot on the top, at the opposite end from the throttle body.

Short answer. Yes it will fit fine.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40729 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by Crasian:

Wow, that’s killer! I just went to their website, I guess there is 2 different ones, long and short. Which one is this?...

This is the short runner. Better for top end. This is what most people ordered. So much so, that they stopped producing the long runner version.
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just my opinion here but if you're using a stock lower intake. You should connect the cold air port, by the cold air injector, to the intake neck just past the TB. 2-5 % more flow. That's what I would do if I still had mine. Hope this helps.
Mike Morris

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2018 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in central Florida are you?
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Villain:

I tried to email, no response, email me at trentmela@gmail.com if you can

I haven't received any emails from that address, and there are none in my spam folder. There are 2 people ahead of you, but if they back out I'll let you know.

Originally posted by Mike Morris:

Where in central Florida are you?

Kissimmee

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 05-29-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2018 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blacktree

20770 posts
Member since Dec 2001
The Trueleo intake is sold!

Thanks everyone

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave