WTB: Passenger Side power mirror by 06GTO
Started on: 02-13-2018 01:06 PM
Replies: 14 (520 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 02-23-2018 09:48 PM
06GTO

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2018 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WTB: Passenger side power mirror. Going on an '88 GT.

If you have one, shoot me a PM with a price. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by 06GTO (edited 02-13-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you need the whole mirror? I know I have a box full of pieces but will have to confirm if I have a complete one. I will look tonight.

------------------
That Todd Guy

trod84se4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trod84se4spdSend a Private Message to trod84se4spdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check out camaro/firebird mirrors of similar year, i believe there're the same. gm didn't design one off pieces for a particular model. case in point chevette suspension on 84-87 fiero
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have noticed two different motor set ups in the fiero power mirrors. The guts will not interchange as the drive motors are either top and right or bottom and left.
06GTO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 06GTOSend a Private Message to 06GTOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know the glass was replaceable outside the assembly. The assembly looks ok, just the glass is missing. The inside motor assy is loose, but looks intact.

Looks like the drive screws are right and bottom of the assy.

Good idea on the Camaro mirrors, I'll give them a try too.
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have the carrier for the glass you might be able to still buy the glass only from the parts stores. It attaches with double stick tape.
Let me know if you strike out as I do have two complete RH power mirrors with the glass still in tact.
Both would need paint.
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thefierofarm.com

1015 posts
Member since Jan 2004
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2018 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thefierofarm.com

1015 posts
Member since Jan 2004
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Todd, do you have a link to a website? Don't want to hijack this thread with other questions.
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
try
1aauto. com

[This message has been edited by thefierofarm.com (edited 02-15-2018).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thefierofarm.com:

thefierofarm.com

www.1aauto.com

Neither of the links you have posted in the past 2 days work....

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-15-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2018 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Neither of the links you have posted in the past 2 days work....

I wasn't trying to post a link. Just a website and it turns into a link that does not work. If you go to the 1aauto website they do have just the glass for either or both mirrors
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2018 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 06GTO:
Good idea on the Camaro mirrors, I'll give them a try too.

I hit a deer, head on in my 87 GT. At about 45 mph. The low stance and the aerodynamics of the Fiero knocked it's legs from under it. It slid up the hood, hit the passenger side of the windshield, then dropped down on my passenger rear view powered mirror, braking it (the only damage).

I took one off of another of my Fieros. The plug was different, and the wires were different colors.

If you go to the 1aauto website they do have just the glass for either or both mirrors

Great ! Thanks. It is said that the Fiero is immune to hail damage. Not so. After a particularly brutal hail storm I went out and checked for damage. None I thought, I was patting myself on the back. Then I get in for an errand and notice my drivers mirror had cracked glass.
What are the odds ?

Tell me more about that trike/van.

thefierofarm.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2018 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Tell me more about that trike/van.

Cliff,
I traded what I would consider a very nice 88 GT for the rickshaw back in 2009. I have sold it once since then but bought it back last year. It is from Thailand and is titled as a 2004 Lifan motorcycle. It is only 150 cc and has a top speed of about 35 mph. It is one of a kind. I can't seem to find anything like it on the internet.

by the way- Mirror shipped

[This message has been edited by thefierofarm.com (edited 02-20-2018).]

cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2018 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff, I traded what I would consider a very nice 88 GT for the rickshaw back in 2009.

Thanks. Interesting for sure.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock