Brand new Cosworth SD4 head kit by legutt
Started on: 07-30-2017 01:36 PM
Replies: 21 (1677 views)
Last post by: legutt on 11-13-2017 06:05 PM
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Complete Cosworth SD4 head kit. All new. Also have brand new SD4 block with all machine work done. Set of Cosworth rods and pistons, newly machined 3.625 forged crank. No ECM or wiring harness,

Just trying to find out if there's any interest in it. If not, I'll build it myself.

I'll listen to all offers from those of you who know what it is. If you have a sincere interest in it and would like to talk, PM me and I'll send a phone number.

Ol' Bob

[This message has been edited by legutt (edited 07-30-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87convert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see the cam drive chain, gears and tensioner parts. Are they in the pink plastic bags? I am interested. PM me and we can discuss price.

Rolland

dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gorgeous stuff. I'm looking for a replacement 2.5 for my 84 vert but I won't even ask the price.
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2017 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have two more complete SD4 engines and both of them are fresh. They are both strokers. Ones is 180 cubic inch (3 liter) and the other is
198 cubic inch(3.3 liter). All you have to do now is decide what to do... and how to control your budget.

If you've never driven a Fiero with a three liter SD4 in it, you're in for a really big surprise. It would make you want to throw rocks at any
3800sc....and lots cheaper. No chassis modifications necessary....and it's still all Fiero.

I appreciate your interest.

Ol' Bob
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2017 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by legutt:

If you've never driven a Fiero with a three liter SD4 in it, you're in for a really big surprise. It would make you want to throw rocks at any
3800sc....and lots cheaper. No chassis modifications necessary....and it's still all Fiero.

Ol' Bob

That's what the pace car should have had in it, but I can understand them not wanting to warranty 2,000 of those engines and stock parts for 10 years. But it would have been awesome.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2017 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

That's what the pace car should have had in it, but I can understand them not wanting to warranty 2,000 of those engines and stock parts for 10 years. But it would have been awesome.

Agreed SD4 would have been a welcome power boost if available from the factory that way. However most Indy Pace Car Replica's regardless of manufacturer, are just decal packages. i think there are very few, if any that actually get any special performance features.
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2017 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

Agreed SD4 would have been a welcome power boost if available from the factory that way. However most Indy Pace Car Replica's regardless of manufacturer, are just decal packages. i think there are very few, if any that actually get any special performance features.

What about the 1989 Turbo Trans Am Indy pace car? That car was way more than a decal package.

I think another reason the SD4 was never installed in production Fieros, with or without the Cosworth head, must have been the NVH factor. Large 4 cylinder engines tend to need twin balance shafts to tame their inherent NVH. GM had enough problems with the early 2.3-liter Quad 4s, I can't imagine how much NVH a 2.7 or 3.0-liter SD4 would generate. But oh, how amazing it must be to drive a Fiero making so much horsepower from such a relatively compact package. Does anyone here know how much horsepower an SD4 made with that Cosworth head?

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 08-03-2017).]

legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2017 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never heard any statistics on the SD4 with the Cosworth head but there's no doubt in my mind that it would be greater
than what the three aftermarket aluminum heads offer. (433, 437 and 801)

I have a SD4 with all billet internals, 437 head, pair of webers that dynoed at 348 HP and torqued at 310 at 7800 rpm.

I'm guessing but I would like to think that that engine with the Cosworth head and turbo charged would bump 500 HP.

Remember, that's a GUESS, and not a quote. I have no basis for that...it's just an opinion...and opinions are like belly
buttons....we all have one.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2017 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

I think another reason the SD4 was never installed in production Fieros, with or without the Cosworth head, must have been the NVH factor.

Absolutely NVH is off the scale on the regular duke by today's standards. The SD4 with the Cosworth head especially would have been very difficult to be streetable.
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2017 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Absolutely NVH is off the scale on the regular duke by today's standards. The SD4 with the Cosworth head especially would have been very difficult to be streetable.

And in an 88 Fiero without cradle bushings like mine, it would be even worse. I guess higher quality engine compartment insulation, and adding insulation to the decklid, might help a bit with the "N" part of NVH. You could also coat or wrap your headers, but you'd still be stuck with the vibration and harshness. But for all that power, I'm sure it would be worthwhile. You might have to detune it a bit to make it streetable, though.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post08-06-2017 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
O/P you have a pm.
As for the streetable.. with todays efi.. cake..
anyone thinking a large bore 4 banker is going to be smooth is kidding themselves
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2017 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2017 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Brianzaj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrianzajSend a Private Message to BrianzajEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm VERY interested in a complete motor / trans...... any chance you could pm me what you need for a set up ??
Thanks!
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM on the way.
Brianzaj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrianzajSend a Private Message to BrianzajEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Ol' Bob, I replied to a different message board and figured I would on this one too.... had an issue with signing into my account on here, but was just able to and got your P.M. , and retrieved your phone #..... what would be the best time to contact you today? BTW, my phone # is 715-551-9813.
Sorry about the delay in responding....
Brian.
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2017 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can call any time. I'm on central time.
Brianzaj

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrianzajSend a Private Message to BrianzajEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
10-4 sir.... I WILL be contacting you today!
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2017 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amen!
PFF
System Bot
legutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2017 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock