Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Recovered Steering Wheels For Sale - Beechwood, Indy, Charcoal, Extra Padding!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Recovered Steering Wheels For Sale - Beechwood, Indy, Charcoal, Extra Padding! by Irrationable
Started on: 07-07-2017 03:29 PM
Replies: 29 (1699 views)
Last post by: Irrationable on 04-10-2018 08:17 PM
Irrationable

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please note that this sale thread was created for the sale of wheels that have already been refurbished and recovered. For those of you interested in having your own wheel recovered, or those of you with questions not pertaining to the items listed here, please see my original recovery sale thread which is linked here.

In between customer orders I have spent much of my spare time recovering some spare wheels I had amassed. I figured I would give the Fiero community here first dibs on them before I went and listed them all on eBay. Each of these wheels has been recovered in brand new leather. The three spoke wheels have all been sanded to the bare metal, acid etched, and repainted prior to recovery to ensure no rust or corrosion. For the three spoke wheels, a $50 refund is available if you send in a suitable core (Unbent rim and spokes, no damaged trim. Rust is okay though). My phone crashed yesterday morning and I lost nearly all my photos, so I will upload more of them this evening once I'm off work. If you would like a shipping quote or more pictures, feel free to send me a message!

Non-thumb notch GT wheel - $200 + shipping
Beechwood 4 spoke - $180 + shipping
Charcoal 4 spoke, extra padding - $190 + shipping
Indy 4 spoke w/ red stitching (horn paddles not included) - $160 + shipping

I also have several shift knobs available if any customers are interested in purchasing a matching knob.

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver *SOLD*
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC

'88 T-Top coupe DOHC swap in progress

[This message has been edited by Irrationable (edited 04-10-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87fiero2017

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87fiero2017Send a Private Message to 87fiero2017Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow nice work.if I had the money I'd buy one
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2017 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome work!!
Olliesdad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OlliesdadSend a Private Message to OlliesdadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would you rewrap my own wheel and shifter and send it back, if i shipped them to you? I'm weird about trying to keep all of the parts on the car as the original parts from assembly. Sorry! I could see this as a nice winter project when it gets stored in September. Thank you!

[This message has been edited by Olliesdad (edited 07-09-2017).]

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2017 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Olliesdad:

Would you rewrap my own wheel and shifter and send it back, if i shipped them to you? I'm weird about trying to keep all of the parts on the car as the original parts from assembly. Sorry! I could see this as a nice winter project when it gets stored in September. Thank you!

PM sent!
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2017 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just received my steering wheel today and I will say that it is even nicer and better quality in person that it looks in the pictures. I am an extremely picking person where everything has to be perfect etc. lol but After receiving this steering wheel today spending the $200 was worth every penny. You will spend just as much if not more anywhere else to get the same quality that I have received today.

The plastic, the metal part, the rivots, the inner part of the steering wheel all look brand new. The stitching is even and straight. There is absolutely no flaws in this steering wheel.

Thank You Again Alex!

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2017 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the wheels still available. I also have several shift knobs available that I can recover to match for those who are interested.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2017 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2017 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Irrationable:

Bump

You have a PM
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2017 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Both four spoke wheels and the early three spoke/split seam wheel are still up for grabs!
PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update on offering a "super padded" version for the 4 spoke wheel?
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2017 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by USMUCL:

Any update on offering a "super padded" version for the 4 spoke wheel?

I was forced to place this project on the back burner after getting caught up with other projects and school responsibilities. I'm in the process of taking measures on a four spoke wheel that has received extra padding. Once these measures are done, I can create a new template and stitch up a prototype.
oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
could I trade in a paddle wheel for a gt wheel ?
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2017 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by oldsoandso:

could I trade in a paddle wheel for a gt wheel ?

Unfortunately, this isn't a trade that I can make. I currently have a stack of four spoke/paddle wheels in my shop, but find myself constantly short on the GT wheels.
oldsoandso

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2017 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
please make me 1 flat disc for the horn button an 1 collar to hide the spline.
cdfrank2014

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2017 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cdfrank2014Send a Private Message to cdfrank2014Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received my newly recovered GT steering wheel and man. shift nob from Alex , and both items exceded all my expectations . They matched my new set of mr.mikes seat covers perfectly . I totally recomend his craftsmanship to all . Thank you Alex .
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2017 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I didn't already have a custom wheel I would have you do one for me. That is very high level work!

Do you do anything for the stock automatic shifter handles? Also, I have been thinking about a leather piece to glue down that would cover the plastic panel where the window switches live.
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
ag9123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2017 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ag9123Send a Private Message to ag9123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's some before and afters of my Indy's shift knob. Great job Matt!!!

------------------
1984 Indy Fiero

Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to post a quick bump and update this sale page to reflect the wheels that I currently have in stock. Not sure how much longer I will be recovering wheels (at least not with a short turn around) as I will be finishing my masters degree in just a few months, and I have already begun looking for a full-time position in my field. I hope to continue recovering wheels even after then, but honestly can't say with any certainty if my schedule will allow it.

------------------
"The Twins"
'87 GT 3.4 pushrod daily driver *SOLD*
'88 GT 3.4 DOHC

'88 T-Top coupe DOHC swap in progress

PFF
System Bot
Mike Morris

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MorrisSend a Private Message to Mike MorrisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do nice work

------------------
1999 Camaro Z28 B4C Heads Cam Intake Stall etc
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 331 R block S trim Intercooled
1988 MR2 SC Cammed,Pulley etc
1988 Corvette Cammed stalled bolt ons
1985 Fiero SE V6

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the first wheel in the first post (extra padding GT wheel) is available, I'll take it and a matching shift knob. Also need a tan GT wheel with extra padding done and knob. Can send you a wheel if needed.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2018 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

If the first wheel in the first post (extra padding GT wheel) is available, I'll take it and a matching shift knob. Also need a tan GT wheel with extra padding done and knob. Can send you a wheel if needed.

PM sent!
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2018 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back at ya! Money waiting to find it's way to you.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2018 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interested in Beechwood GT wheel, 5 spd shifter, and also sun visors if you do them.

pls PM me if/when available
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2018 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SCCA FIERO:

Back at ya! Money waiting to find it's way to you.

Sent a reply with pricing and payment info your way!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2018 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I were to modify the steering wheel Like a Momo Dwheel and installed a button on each side for shifting could you recover it and make it look purdy?
also the shifter knob . Are you able to doo things like the door panels or center console?
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2018 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charcoal GT wheel is SOLD!!!

For those of you interested in sending in your own wheel for recovery, check out my Steering Wheel Recovery sale thread linked in the original post. In the meantime, I have a few more cores that I may recover and list here if I can find the free time to work on them.
Irrationable

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2018 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IrrationableSend a Private Message to IrrationableEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Irrationable

405 posts
Member since Dec 2014

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

If I were to modify the steering wheel Like a Momo Dwheel and installed a button on each side for shifting could you recover it and make it look purdy?
also the shifter knob . Are you able to doo things like the door panels or center console?

I don't think that would be a problem at all. I'd actually be kind of curious to see how the modifications to the wheel structure turned out. I'd like to keep this sale page specific to selling wheels that I've already recovered, but you should definitely shoot me a private message. I've been tinkering with modifying a few stock wheels myself, and I'd love some details on how you were thinking about setting up your shift buttons.

As for the center console and doors, those aren't items that I do simply because they require a lot more material and because there are already other vendors that do door panels and consoles. I would be happy to give you their contact info however. If you have a wheel recovered, I can also set you up with where to get the material to match the wheel leather.

[This message has been edited by Irrationable (edited 04-10-2018).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock