Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Need: Fuel Fill Tube - aftermarket or good used?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Need: Fuel Fill Tube - aftermarket or good used? by Fierology
Started on: 07-01-2017 03:32 PM
Replies: 13 (349 views)
Last post by: USMUCL on 07-11-2017 06:29 AM
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1984 Model
My fuel fill tube is very rusted near the top. I'm in Fort Worth TX. Any leads on sources? Used is ok if it's not rusted like mine is.

Thanks for any info!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they are all the same, but the '84s are weird and maybe the filler tube is different.....I really don't know.

I have 2 nice, non-rusty filler tubes. One is from an '88 Formula and the other an '86 SE.

LMK if you'd like one (after we figure out if they are the same as on an '84!)
Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mr Fiero. Can you post pictures of them? While some details may not be clear, I'll be able to guess as to if they're the same or not as well as see the condition. If they look good I make an offer on one.

-Michael
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2017 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The. y are all the same EXCEPT 84's. 85-88 2.5 or 2.8 have a mounting plate near the fill cap while 84's do not
Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2017 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Mr. blue. As long as the shape is the same, I may be able to use the brackets I have our fabricate some to make it all work. My tube and brackets are complete, but the upper half of my tube is rusted so thin, it doesn't make sense to attempt a repair. (I already repaired some pinholes a number of years ago.) If I get some pictures, particularly of the top bracket, then I can get an idea of what would need to be modified.

Thanks
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2017 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kind of figured the '84s were different, but wasn't sure. Here are some pictures of the 2 I have. One has some surface corrosion at the opening, but no "rot" anywhere on either one.

007 fieroman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2017 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the fiero store has used filler tube for sale for $40 just type in filler tube in the search box at top of the page
007 fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check page 4 New Products at The Fiero Store at the bottom of the page they have 1 for $40
007 fieroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

007 fieroman

152 posts
Member since Oct 2016
The one the Fiero Store has does not state what years it fits but they do show 1 I hope it is what you need
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity, how are these things accessed when you need to change them out?

I just dropped my tank and, from the bottom of the car, that filler tube looks like it goes up into the car's skeleton/frame never to be seen again . . . .
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Indeed! That thing looks like it is about three times longer than I even imagined it to be.
PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2017 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Indeed! That thing looks like it is about three times longer than I even imagined it to be.

That's what she . . . never mind.

Fierology

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fill tube removal:
If you remove the rear drivers wheel and wheel well insert, you can see it. You then remove the air intake tubing. From that point it's just the ground strap and the bolts that attach the mounting flange to the rear clip. It's certainly easier if the rear clip is removed. but after undoing the rubber hoses going to the tank, the fill tube will come out with some twisting and turning without removing the rear clip.

make sense?
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2017 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, thanks for the info. I don't need it, but it's good to know it's possible if I do in the future ...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock