Started on: 01-29-2017 03:27 PM
Replies: 28 (1019 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 05-22-2017 02:28 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2017 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$600 or best offer FIRE SALE not the car. Just cant keep it.
Well the car has started bucking when I take off in first gear.
Clutch is grabbing. Its not slipping its just not a smooth engagement.
All mounts look good

1986 Pontiac Sport Coupe.
99880 miles
7 out of 10 body
Surface rust but nothing bad.
4 speed 2.8 V6
Inside is 6 out of 10
Everything you would expect from a 30 year old car
It drives nice could use shocks and struts
Right headlight motor needs rebuilt or replaced
A.C. is not working but it's there. Compressor doesn't kick on could be the switch
Tear in drivers seat
I drove the car 150 miles 300 round trip no problems.
Factory service book comes with it plus records that I have from the guy I got it from
Putting in a new alternator now as the old one is shot.
Rodney lower temp fan and thermostat car never overheats but it warms up fast and has great heat inside.
New Alternator will be installed as soon as the bracket from the Fiero Store gets here
New Clutch pedal will be included or installed as soon as it gets here
I have the gear kit for the bad head light its just been too cold to mess with
It's time to move on I don't have the temperament to keep up with a 30 year old car

I have always called it a Sport Coupe because it has no electric locks or electric windows.
Base model Fiero with the 2.8 4 speed.

But yes technically it is a SE base model.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 05-03-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump should have the alt in sunday
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make me an offer I may suprise you
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2017 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aero notchies are great looking.
GLWS
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2017 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the car has started bucking when I take off in first gear.
Clutch is grabbing. Its not slipping its just not a smooth engagement.
All mounts look good.

Looks like it will need a clutch soon.

With that in mind if I can get an offer over $1500 I could make you a happy Fiero owner.

I also have a factory service manual that will go with the car.
Replacement tail light is sitting in my living room I should have it and the new clutch peddle installed in the next couple of days.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2017 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$1200 my final number before putting it on Craig's list for $1750

The rims were $400, new alternator.
Runs and drives great once you are rolling in 1st but the clutch will need addressed.

I have a new clutch peddle just haven't installed it yet.
E-brake works
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2017 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an offer but one last time. $1000 cash and you can drive it home. I will need to jump you because the battery is low from not driving it.
No takers and I will take the other offer.
wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugg. Sad state of affairs, looks like a great car for even $1500. Too bad I am 8K miles away

And before you say but that's not too far, it costs about $7K to get one here
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2017 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

Ugg. Sad state of affairs, looks like a great car for even $1500. Too bad I am 8K miles away

And before you say but that's not too far, it costs about $7K to get one here

LOL no I believe you I wouldn't ship any car unless its something very special
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for new price.
PFF
System Bot
oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump whats new price
Vanet

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is it $600.00. If so do you think it would make a 12 hour drive?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vanet:

So is it $600.00. If so do you think it would make a 12 hour drive?

I have never taken it on a drive that long I have been to Ohio and back which is about 250 Miles Round-trip It never gave me any trouble
It would need a battery as the one in it now is dead from not driving it
I won't say it wouldn't make it But if it was me I would find another way to get home
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2017 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I talked to my son. He said he will take it. But he can't get off work to pick it up until a week from Saturday. If thats good with you let me know. Thanks Van
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a local sale pending if something changes I will let you know.
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nevermind. We answered you less than one hour after you texted and told you we would take it and now you are willing to sell it out from under us. We dont do business that way. I hope your other sell falls through and you learn a lesson about how to treat people.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nevermind. We answered you less than one hour after you texted and told you we would take it and now you are willing to sell it out from under us. We dont do business that way. I hope your other sell falls through and you learn a lesson about how to treat people.

I had an offer on FB at the same time as you. No disrespect but did you think this was the only place I put it up for sale? Its been sitting in the mall for months.
The wheels and parts I put into it are worth the $600 if I wasn't in a jam it wouldn't be selling for this price.
I am sorry that you feel that way but I never said it was yours you asked me some questions and I answered them before you came back I have a confirmed buyer.
I was very clear I need this car gone and never said I would hold it for anyone. Good luck in your search.
There is a lesson here and I have learned it. Should the sale not work out I will not take an offer from you.
It will go to the crusher before I let it go to someone with that attitude.
What happened to people, I have never been like that with anyone. Its a car not like I disrespected your family or backed out of anything.
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I live by my word, and expect others to do the same. If you don't think what you did was an insult then obviously you wont learn anything here. Just glad I didn't trust you and make a 12 hour trip to find out you were going to sell it out from under someone. Please do crush it, i hate to see it happen but I hate to see someone get screwed either.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I live by my word, and expect others to do the same. If you don't think what you did was an insult then obviously you wont learn anything here. Just glad I didn't trust you and make a 12 hour trip to find out you were going to sell it out from under someone. Please do crush it, i hate to see it happen but I hate to see someone get screwed either.

I'm sorry but you're a f*cking idiot First for gonna drive 12 hour trip without having talkd to me in person Second for your lack of communication no where did you say you wanted the car. You asked me a question I answered the question there is nothing else In our exchange where you express to me you wanted the car and to hold it for you
I do not need this sh*t Please stay out of my thread
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2017 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I talked to my son. He said he will take it. But he can't get off work to pick it up until a week from Saturday. If thats good with you let me know. Thanks Van

You dont see the part were I tell you my son "will take it". Of course there were things to still work out. But the bottom line is you made an offer. We excepted and then you reniged because you got a better or more convenient offer.
No you didn't break any laws. You just are not a man of your word. I choose not to deal with people like that. You can handle your life however you want. And I will do the same. But lieing about it when it is in print just a couple of posts up just makes you look stupid. Why don't you just come to grips with it and move on with your sale. Your making yourself look bad.

And your right you don't need this. What you need was some parents that tought you how to deal with people and how to remain decent. There is no call for your personal attack or your language. If you dont get hold of yourself some one will teach yoi some of the lessons your parents should have and in a much more painful way.

[This message has been edited by Vanet (edited 05-04-2017).]

PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You dont see the part were I tell you my son "will take it". Of course there were things to still work out. But the bottom line is you made an offer. We excepted and then you reniged because you got a better or more convenient offer.
No you didn't break any laws. You just are not a man of your word. I choose not to deal with people like that. You can handle your life however you want. And I will do the same. But lieing about it when it is in print just a couple of posts up just makes you look stupid. Why don't you just come to grips with it and move on with your sale. Your making yourself look bad.

And your right you don't need this. What you need was some parents that tought you how to deal with people and how to remain decent. There is no call for your personal attack or your language. If you dont get hold of yourself some one will teach yoi some of the lessons your parents should have and in a much more painful way.

LOL let it go dude
I had a cash offer before you said you wanted the car. I answered your question and before you got back to me I made a deal.
The ad was up for months and it was worth the original asking price if it was something you were interested in then you would have said something.
You came in here to pick bones.

Look its just a car. If you would like PM me your address and I will send you a safety pin and some coloring books.
**** you that's why I'm done in here
Vanet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VanetSend a Private Message to VanetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The fact that you keep trying to justify yourself gives you away. But your still acting like a 2 year old. I can tell your not very old or mature but it is beyond me how you have made it this far in life with your mouth or attitude. My son will find a car he likes but from the way you talk you may never grow up.
How do you figure we were "picking the bones" you made the offer, we didn't. As far as what it is worth, I havnt seen it but from the look of it and the issues it has your probably getting what its worth.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2017 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The fact that you keep trying to justify yourself gives you away. But your still acting like a 2 year old. I can tell your not very old or mature but it is beyond me how you have made it this far in life with your mouth or attitude. My son will find a car he likes but from the way you talk you may never grow up.
How do you figure we were "picking the bones" you made the offer, we didn't. As far as what it is worth, I havnt seen it but from the look of it and the issues it has your probably getting what its worth.

Seriously f*ck off and grow up
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car has sold I got $800 out of it
The buyer is very happy with it
It's going to a nice home
jaybug56

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2017 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaybug56Send a Private Message to jaybug56Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is why I hate selling cars here. Somebody 1000 miles away wants your car. There are probably a dozen Fieros of equal value for sale closer to him, but he wants to pick a fight with you. (probably because he is 1000 miles away) I have been thru this same thing every time I sell a car. Let it go. It ain't worth the fuss.
wgpierce

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wgpierceSend a Private Message to wgpierceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From what I can see, he made an offer (with conditions BTW), you didn't accept here. Nuff said you are right on.

DAMN if I were only in the US

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2017 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wgpierce:

From what I can see, he made an offer (with conditions BTW), you didn't accept here. Nuff said you are right on.

DAMN if I were only in the US

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2017 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Closed per OP's request.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock