T-top drip edges needed by sfgnspd21
Started on: 01-15-2017 01:35 PM
Replies: 6 (491 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 01-17-2017 01:55 AM
sfgnspd21

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sfgnspd21Send a Private Message to sfgnspd21Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good afternoon all,
I am looking for replacement drip edges for my 88 GT that I just picked up. I have an 88 GT with a sunroof already, so the t-top option is new to me. I tried reaching out to Fieroparts in Maine, but haven't received a response. Any help would be appreciated...
Scott
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the T-top world first of all.

If you are talking about the seal that is on the edge of the top and goes over the window, there are 2 different types.
CJB coded (the ones that were ordered from the factory as an option) and non CJB.
This is true for all of the seals from my research.

Here is a link to some that I am going to order before spring.

http://www.fieroparts.com/

Scroll down on the left to T-top parts and click it.

There are some rather detailed procedures on how to install them, and how to adjust the tops to fit properly.
If you need that, I have found a copy of the Cars and Concepts installation manual I can share.

I am far from an expert on T-tops,,,,, yet, but getting there slowly.
Dave
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

If you are talking about the seal that is on the edge of the top and goes over the window, there are 2 different types.
CJB coded (the ones that were ordered from the factory as an option) and non CJB.
This is true for all of the seals from my research.

These aren't the seals.....they are the hard-ish rubber strips that are glued to the T-Top frame to direct water away from the seals. As far as I know, they are the same for all T-Top Fieros.

420ponies

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 420poniesSend a Private Message to 420poniesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in need of the latch handle for mine and also one handle cover. I know these parts are not cheap ,but always looking of them.That drip edge is $75.00 for the pair on that site.
railshot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for railshotClick Here to visit railshot's HomePageSend a Private Message to railshotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:
These aren't the seals.....they are the hard-ish rubber strips that are glued to the T-Top frame to direct water away from the seals. As far as I know, they are the same for all T-Top Fieros.

Thanks for correcting me mrfiero, lol, I guess I read what I wanted to see.
I guess I better order a set of those also now that I look closer.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2017 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by railshot:

Thanks for correcting me mrfiero, lol, I guess I read what I wanted to see.
I guess I better order a set of those also now that I look closer.

No problem....just wanted to clarify things.

I worded my response a little poorly though....I said "glued to the T-Top frame", what I meant to say was glued to the T-Top glass frame (the metal part by the small rubber seal).

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2017 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed my t-tops from a set taken from another car. The other car did not have the drip edges. My car has been without them for going on 15 years. They help direct the water away from the weather seals, but they are not a mandatory thing. Neither are the P seals, which I don't have either.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock