Never registered 1988 GT, RED. by Napafiero
Started on: 12-03-2016 09:25 PM
Replies: 60 (3074 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 03-09-2017 10:44 PM
jim94

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2016 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow nice car, what a great barn find. My 87 gt had 29,500 miles on it and I purchased it for $6,5000. It was garage kept it's hole life.it sits on carpet now. Good luck with your sale
IP: Logged
revson1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2017 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revson1Send a Private Message to revson1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did this ever sell?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great shape with original paperwork. I honestly believe that the title issue may scare buyers away. There is NO title but you say that you can get one and have the motor vehicle agency mail it to the buyer. What if they don't decide to mail it?
IMO, surest way to a sale would be to title it to yourself and then pass on that title for transfer. As to value we can speculate but eBay is a good indicator of what these cars have sold for with a title. The 88 GT's do bring more money.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2017 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being as old as it is, I'm pretty sure there are several states that would let you register without a title. Vermont comes to mind. Once you have a registration, getting it titled in another state is pretty trivial. Not that this is a good path for everyone, but at the very least lack of a title isn't *complete* road block.
USMUCL

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2017 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record, I paid $7500 for my "mint" 1986 SE V6 with every option but leather. It had 9965 miles on it. "Mint" is in quotes cause it does need minor love after all these years.

It is not a GT but it was obviously garaged, has less miles, and not stored in a barn. Still had original tires even, and they are no dry rotted. All window seals look as-new. Paint and interior look showroom.

Someone will say I overpaid, but original asking price was $10k, so I think I did okay. I did a lot of price shopping and research on going prices.

Your car will need some serious TLC after all these years. But, assuming that there is not trunk rust, given the desirability of the GTs and the 88s, I'd start asking price at 12k and take no less than 10k. Just one man's opinion --- prices on the net for these cars are all over the place.

[This message has been edited by USMUCL (edited 02-04-2017).]

Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok we decided to ask 10k here it is on craigsllist.
Bill

http://sfbay.craigslist.org...2.html?lang=en&cc=us
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napafiero:

Ok we decided to ask 10k here it is on craigsllist.
Bill

http://sfbay.craigslist.org...2.html?lang=en&cc=us

You need to correct your listing, you have a 1988 Fiero, not a 1987.

Good luck with the sale, I'd love to buy it.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed
2015 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track

Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HAHA! Thanks, I csn't believe I did that.
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Given the collectability of the 1988s and the options this car has, I think that is a very fair price. Assuming the barn hasn't rusted it out from the bottom, someone will be getting a great car.

Best case, it will need $1500-$3000 in love from the next owner (depending on how picky he/she is), but still worth it in my opinion.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is that dark irregular splotch on the mouth of the radiator opening?

007 fieroman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 007 fieromanSend a Private Message to 007 fieromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that black spot looks like paint peeling off , I was a body and paint man for 35 yrs and that looks like the bumper was not prepped properly and that is why the paint is peeling off which suggest the front bumper has been replaced . and nobody should ever buy a car without a clear title and for anyone to suggest taking it to another state to have it titled or saying they will mail you a registration and you can get it titled from that without a title sounds fishy to me . it might be a nice car and maybe even a deal for someone but who ever buys it should have it checked out by a trusted mechanic and body shop and go see the car before buying it .
PFF
System Bot
USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Craigslist description says it was "scraped" while parking.

Seems to me the title issues, the fact it will need refreshed with all fluids/filters (and probably some other unpredictable items), and the risk of corrosion from being in the barn are the reasons he is asking $10k and not $15-20k.

Still seems a fair price to me. Especially since 10k means he takes 8500ish.
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The map locates it in Napa. Anyone live in the area who would like to take a look?
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the centre console storage door is warping. If it really has 30k on it then this would suggest it was left out in the dead heat for days on end. Which Would also suggest poor maintenance for a low mileage car.

[This message has been edited by jjd2296 (edited 03-07-2017).]

FTrader

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTraderSend a Private Message to FTraderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CL post deleted. Did it sell?

------------------
1986 Fiero GT

jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
prob deleted because he knows he wont sell it to one of us because were all suspect as to the representations
Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2017 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the positive things SOME have said This was the real deal, it sold today! Thanks for your help and advice.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2017 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 007 fieroman:

. and nobody should ever buy a car without a clear title ....

What he said. ^^^^

Glad it sold, but buying a car without a title, any car, is risky.

If you happen to live in a state that doesn't title old cars then maybe. But otherwise you risk going to jail if things go sideways on you.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 03-08-2017).]

USMUCL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2017 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USMUCLSend a Private Message to USMUCLEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The title issue can be overcome. My concern would have been what the underside looked like after being "in a barn" for all that time.

If it wasn't rusted out, that was a hell of a deal for what is probably the most sought-after year/model and only 30k miles.

If rusted badly, probably not.

[This message has been edited by USMUCL (edited 03-08-2017).]

Napafiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2017 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NapafieroClick Here to visit Napafiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to NapafieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some of you guys are so funny..... As a dealer I just submit for title, period. It was up on a 2 post lift, its not a concourse car!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2017 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napafiero:

some of you guys are so funny..... As a dealer I just submit for title, period. It was up on a 2 post lift, its not a concourse car!

Yes as a dealer it's definitely a different story. I bought a 2 year old car that was on the dealer's lot and it's considered a new car. So yes a person buying this from a dealer is getting a brand new car.

But to my point, buying a car without a title is risky. In this particular case not so much.
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay