120 mph speedo by WhoDey
Started on: 05-22-2016 10:09 AM
Replies: 7 (342 views)
Last post by: QCMANAGER on 05-24-2016 06:17 AM
WhoDey

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhoDeySend a Private Message to WhoDeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purchased off another member here. Was told it was fully functional but I have not personally tested it. I had intentions of swapping it in my 85 gt but I've since gone with a different set up. I can send pics. Just shoot me a PM. $50 shipped.

------------------
Adam Keene

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does putting a 120mph speedometer in an 85 GT that has an 85mph speedometer have any advantages?
I realize it does not make the car go faster, so the advantage is that you can see how fast you are going once you exceed 85?

So if I don't ever exceed 85 with my car, there is no advantage, right?

And would the reading on the speedometer be accurate since the system was designed with an 85mph gauge?

Just wondering.

[This message has been edited by QCMANAGER (edited 05-22-2016).]

WhoDey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhoDeySend a Private Message to WhoDeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's my understanding that they interchange.
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
WhoDey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2016 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhoDeySend a Private Message to WhoDeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sold.
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I realize the item has sold but I am still wondering about my question.
larafan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2016 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larafanSend a Private Message to larafanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not any performance advantage. What it does do is you are not driving feeling like you are maxing out your car and not limited by the government 55mph mandate of the 80's and at normal cruising speeds you are at 12 to 2 o'clock instead of 3-4. But that's just me.
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2016 06:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. I would be interested in doing this....is it difficult to swap out the speedometers?

Does anyone else have a nice one to sell?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock