Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Picked up an 88 base coupe 5 sp. today.....may part out. Any interest? Oklahoma

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Picked up an 88 base coupe 5 sp. today.....may part out. Any interest? Oklahoma by timcha
Started on: 03-19-2016 09:55 PM
Replies: 21 (466 views)
Last post by: timcha on 03-24-2016 10:25 PM
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So......I picked up an 88 base coupe 5 speed today. The motor is gone, paint sucks, nose is sagged badly, and the interior is.....well....shot.....except for possibly the dot matrix and arm rests. The upside is that it appears to be rust free so far, but I'll need to pull carpet and check bottom of trunk (corners look great) due to removed wing's bolt holes. I hate to part this one out, but might if the market warrants. I have the clear Arkansas title signed by previous owner, and the car is in central Oklahoma. Anybody interested?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to mention, it has GT wheels....and all four are rears....no kidding.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

I forgot to mention, it has GT wheels....and all four are rears....no kidding.

I was gonna buy that car but just didnt have the time to make it up there to pick up. Had him down to $300 for it.

[This message has been edited by MstangsBware (edited 03-19-2016).]

timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 03-19-2016).]

timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

timcha

741 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

I was gonna buy that car but just didnt have the time to make it up there to pick up. Had him down to $300 for it.

You're a much better negotiator than me...😱😭. It was an interesting visit with the sellers though, as in deliverance.

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 03-19-2016).]

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

You're a much better negotiator than me...😱😭. It was an interesting visit with the sellers though, as in deliverance.

Yeah I have become a pro at it over the years. I read ppl well and what kinda deal they are willing to give. Your where in Arkansas so thats expected. Is the car worth putting a good motor in and making it back a runner?
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the ECM and tray?
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

How much for the ECM and tray?

How about $40.00 shipped?

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shoot me an email with your PayPal address or other payment info.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2016 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shoot me an email with your PayPal address or other payment info.

PM sent. Thanks!
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:Is the car worth putting a good motor in and making it back a runner?

This. And, what are you wanting for it?
PFF
System Bot
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohobby:

This. And, what are you wanting for it?

After pulling the trunk carpet, I found it had been hit bad enough to bend the trunk up. I had pulled the corners while there but could t see it till I removed all the parts stored in the trunk. Decided to part it out.

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there are no ground effects, I'd be interested in both rear-quarter panels. Also I need the tin shim that holds the boot onto the upper ball joint, if you're willing to pull one off for me. Shipping to 21201.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2016 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

If there are no ground effects, I'd be interested in both rear-quarter panels. Also I need the tin shim that holds the boot onto the upper ball joint, if you're willing to pull one off for me. Shipping to 21201.

I'll take and email you a couple of pics of the quarters tomorrow evening......and I'll look into the shim

fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the ECM and tray a short while ago. Thanks. Did the car have air or cruise?

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 03-24-2016).]

timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the ECM and tray a short while ago. Thanks. Did the car have air or cruise?

It has air but no cruise....
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you. Our base coupe has no cruise but has aftermarket air, so swapping to a factory air system is an option for us.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you. Our base coupe has no cruise but has aftermarket air, so swapping to a factory air system is an option for us.

If you decide you want it, I'll pull the whole ac package including ducts and send it your way. I'll have to check on the compressor end hoses as the compressor was gone.

flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a hard top headliner?
fierofool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you but can't afford it at the moment. It's a club loaner car. The aftermarket air doesn't work. No air will make the borrower get their car fixed quicker and return it.
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by flimbob:

Do you have a hard top headliner?

I haven't really looked at it that well......let me se what kind of shape it's in tomorrow......I'll send you some pics.

PFF
System Bot
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2016 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you but can't afford it at the moment. It's a club loaner car. The aftermarket air doesn't work. No air will make the borrower get their car fixed quicker and return it.

Yeah, I guess it would at that! LOL What at 95f and 190% humidity? I'd be in a rush too....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock