2.5" Thrush Welded Crossflow Muffler, New - $30 Shipped by ITALGT
Started on: 03-01-2016 08:10 PM
Replies: 9 (469 views)
Last post by: ITALGT on 03-11-2016 11:54 PM
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2016 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SOLD...
2.5" Thrush welded crossflow muffler part #1763, brand new (never installed)... $30 shipped.

Current listing from Summit Racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-17638

Overall Length: 21"
Case Length: 15"
Case Width: 9.5"
Case Height: 4"

Single 2.5" Inlet, Dual 2.5" Outlets

[This message has been edited by ITALGT (edited 03-06-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bluejacket

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BluejacketClick Here to visit Bluejacket's HomePageSend a Private Message to BluejacketEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will this muffler need to be modified to fit?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2016 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This muffler will not work on a stock 2.8 exhaust system without modification or adapters/reducers, as it has 2.50" inlets/outlets instead of the stock 2.0" pipe size. I originally planned to just have a whole new 2.50" system built for my daily driver (which this muffler would be great for), but decided to go with a stock replacement Walker/Dynomax muffler assembly instead.

I think this muffler would work best for someone building a new exhaust system. The sound is pretty much identical to a Flowmaster crossflow, but at one-quarter the cost. I don't have a use for it now... its brand new in the original box, just waiting for a new home.

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2016 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BuMp...
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anther bump. Wanted to see what point you were at with your car?
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the bump sir!

The V8 project is still on track. I just sold the TPI system, should be selling the new Edelbrock carb today so I can invest in a stand-alone fuel injection system. Working out final details of the exhaust routing with the 180 headers. After I get everything fitting properly, I'll finally drop the cradle to replace that transmission. I've got a ways to go before that happens though... plenty of other things on the car to do yet too.

Baby steps.
MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i've got a new home for your muffler !!!! I just picked up an 88 GT with no exhaust from the cat back !!!! E-mail me your pay pal addy !!!! Mel @ melndij@aol.com
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2016 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MEL H. JOHNSON:

i've got a new home for your muffler !!!! I just picked up an 88 GT with no exhaust from the cat back !!!! E-mail me your pay pal addy !!!! Mel @ melndij@aol.com

10/4, email sent, thanks Mel!

Muffler is SOLD.

MEL H. JOHNSON

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MEL H. JOHNSONSend a Private Message to MEL H. JOHNSONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the muffler today !!!!! Thanks for a GREAT deal !!!!! Mel
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2016 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Thanks again. I would love to hear your how your exhaust system sounds when it is installed.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock