Parting out 88 base coupe by Napoleon_Tanerite
Started on: 02-14-2016 08:36 PM
Replies: 27 (816 views)
Last post by: MTFIERO on 03-26-2016 05:11 PM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a base coupe I bought as a donor car for the rear cradle and a few other parts. I'm looking to sell what's left.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

I'm keeping:
Rear cradle
Rear suspension
Rear brakes
Seats
Interior plastic (selling the cluster and other dot matrix plastic pieces though)
Hood
Headlight motors and module

The car has SUBSTANTIAL sun damage, and all body panels are junk. This was a base coupe, so there is no extra gauge pod. The car was an automatic. The cluster is in good shape. The center piece withe the AC vents is in good shape minus one crack dead center at the bottom. This can be glued and will be impossible to see. Car has manual windows and mirrors. Driver's mirror is good, passenger's is broken off, but may be salvageable with new mounting studs.

Here's the deal-- this car is RUST FREE. I feel guilty scrapping the frame if it could go to a good home. I know there's a lot of rusted cars out there that could use this frame, though I don't know about the logistics of getting it to you. I'm in Columbus MS.

UPDATE: Here's a pile of parts I've pulled off. I can't guarantee function of ANYTHING due to the engine not running when I bought it. All these parts LOOK fine, but without a chance to test them I can't guarantee it. Consider everything being sold AS-IS. Prices do not include shipping.

Dot matrix HVAC/stereo surround. Minor crack at the bottom that is a clean break and easily repairable. Has some sort of stain on the driver's side. Not sure what it is, but it did not come off with a bit of purple degreaser. $15

Dot matrix gauge surround. Great condition. $20

Headlight wiring harness. No cuts, includes all plugs and light sockets. $50-- Motors and module not for sale.

Master cylinder $30

Brake booster $30

Front brakes-- Calipers $60/ea or $100 for the pair. Pads like new, unknown brand.
Front rotors-- $30 each or $50 for the pair

Sun roof air dam $10

Front hubs/bearings. No grinding, no wiggling, smooth turning. $125/ea or $200 for the pair

Radiator. Minor dent at the bottom, no leaks. I'll clean the mud wasp nests off before shipping.... or I can include them at no additional charge! $30

Engine and Transmission. $50 for the trans, $50 for the engine, $75 for the set. I understand freight will be much more than this set is worth, and I'm willing to drive up to two hours from Columbus Mississippi to meet a buyer.

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 03-28-2016).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front bearing are both good, front brakes are also in great shape. Both are for sale.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car have a/c? If so how much for all the components?(lines and all)
Larryinkc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryinkcSend a Private Message to LarryinkcEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
mr-riff

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr-riffSend a Private Message to mr-riffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in the Shifter bezel assembly. Condition?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
item sold, post deleted

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 02-20-2016).]

KMFDMFAN

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in the HVAC & radio bezel (the shifter surround plate too [pic already posted]) if it's in good condition other than the small crack. Can you post a photo please?

I'm guessing from the pic that the interior is GREY?

Thanks

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pictures moved to first post

[This message has been edited by Napoleon_Tanerite (edited 02-20-2016).]

KMFDMFAN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KMFDMFANSend a Private Message to KMFDMFANEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Napoleon_Tanerite:

Yes, gray interior.

You have a PM
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled a few more parts off, some random stuff. I've got the brake booster, brake master, radiator, front calipers (great shape, nearly new pads), front rotors. Anything rubber or plastic on the car is in pretty rough shape. Connectors on wire harnesses seem to have held up well, but vacuum lines, hoses, etc are pretty bad.
elitopr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for elitoprClick Here to visit elitopr's HomePageSend a Private Message to elitoprEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front license plate holder???
PFF
System Bot
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No such thing in MS, sorry. Even if there was one there isn't much on this car that wasn't metal, wires, or glass that was salvagable. A few interior parts, and that's it. Good luck tracking one down.
viperine

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you keeping the center console? I'm just looking for the hinged "glovebox" part of it. Also, how is the driver side sunvisor?
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunvisors are shot, as is the glove box door. The mounting piece for the sunvisors would be salvageable, but the visors themselves would need to be recovered.

viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the console, is it just separating the soft cover from the hard base? Or is the base messed up? I'm replacing one with a broken hinge, I can repair separation though...
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The internal plastic is marginal, with the typical breaking around the cigarette lighter and where someone would push on if they supported themselves. The vinyl isn't torn, but is badly curled.
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I should've been a little more specific. The glovebox door itself is all I need. Well, the hinge, with it. But it's a hard plastic piece (actually two, the inner "pocket" is held on with 4 small screws), covered with the dark grey vinyl. The vinyl is what warps/separates. If the hard plastic portion of this box is undamaged, I am still interested in it.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2016 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take a look at it tomorrow, but I believe the parts you are looking for are in good shape, or at least salvageable.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The plastic under the door has a crack where the curling vinyl pulled on it, looks to be easily repairable. Hinge is intact.
fierofrenzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofrenzySend a Private Message to fierofrenzyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need the radiator support bracket
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
viperine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2016 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for viperineSend a Private Message to viperineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Free bump, got the glovebox door quick, feedback left, thanks for sharing parts here!!
V8Steve

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8SteveClick Here to visit V8Steve's HomePageSend a Private Message to V8SteveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interested in both rear calipers and ebrake levers

------------------
88GT ZZ4 Sequential EFI Bigstuff3 - 275 RWHP Dyno'd,
anderson@gdsconsulting.com

Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2016 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by V8Steve:

Interested in both rear calipers and ebrake levers

See the OP-- I'm keeping the rear brakes. I can get you the ebrake level and cable though if you want.
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2016 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump-- added engine/trans to the OP
Red88fm

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88fmSend a Private Message to Red88fmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got light sockets today. Thanks
Napoleon_Tanerite

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2016 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Napoleon_TaneriteSend a Private Message to Napoleon_TaneriteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Selling the frame for $100. Aside from a bit of surface rust on the battery tray, this frame is RUST FREE. I own it on a clear (not salvage) MS title.

I'm willing to do partial shipping myself. What that means is that I will drive to deliver it, up to 300 miles or so from Columbus MS. Major cities along the boundary are Memphis, Nashville, the AL/GA state line, the MS river-- I may be willing to go as far west as Monroe, LA, and Gulfport on the gulf coast.

Transport rate:

25 cents per mile for the first 100 miles
35 cents per mile for the next 100 miles
45 cents per mile for additional miles

Mileage will be billed as ROUND TRIP, calculated using Google maps. That means if Google Maps says I need to drive 150 miles to the meet, I will charge for the 300 mile round trip for a total of $105, plus the $100 that I want to get for the frame. I really don't want to scrap this frame and am willing to do what I can to get it to someone who can use it.
MTFIERO

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2016 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MTFIEROSend a Private Message to MTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
Part came today.
THANKS!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock