88 Formula w/ T-Tops by Perk
Started on: 11-18-2015 11:12 PM
Replies: 22 (697 views)
Last post by: Bob2112 on 11-24-2015 10:21 PM
Perk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I came across this while looking for a parts car. I thought someone on here might be interested. The car only has 78000 miles on it. It is located in Oklahoma City. They are asking for $5500.

88 Fiero Formula

[This message has been edited by Perk (edited 11-18-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
zzzhuh

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good find! The price seems really high for the mechanical issues it has, but what is better than buying a car you can work on?
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zzzhuh:

Good find! The price seems really high for the mechanical issues it has, but what is better than buying a car you can work on?

Yet the ad still says excellent condition. Go figure.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oxymoron or just moron?

code:
Great traveling car for one person !! Ready for a road trip. Gets 20-25+ mpg, depending on how much
of a hurry you're in that day. Not show room condition, but very nice. Interior in very good condition.
No AC, Gravel crack in windshield, one headlight sometimes doesn't open. Some days it won't idle,
and some days it does.
Dual CD player is picky about what it will play, FM sounds great. Fiero was the
safest American car on the road in 88. Mid-engine design goes on ice & snow & drives like a dream !
Very strong V6 & 5 speed. Not the fastest thing on the road, but definitely goes fast enough to get a ticket.

[This message has been edited by Thunderstruck GT (edited 11-19-2015).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think he might get the price...those are all small issues and most likely easily fixable...the important piece here on this car is the fact that its an 88 T-Top....not a lot of those bad boys out there.

Perk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

I think he might get the price...those are all small issues and most likely easily fixable...the important piece here on this car is the fact that its an 88 T-Top....not a lot of those bad boys out there.

I agree. I don't know if anybody has done a Hagerty valuation lately, but these cars, and pretty much all Fieros, are going up in value right now. According to what I have read in this forum and in other places online, there were only 299 1988 Formula T-Tops made. And out of those even fewer in black. Who knows how many are actually left? If I had the money and didn't have a wife that would kill me, I would buy this car without giving it a second thought. That's just me though. I would still try to talk them down and get the best deal I could though.

This is a snapshot from the Hagerty valuation for the 88 Fiero Formula:

[This message has been edited by Perk (edited 11-19-2015).]

notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One thing that will turn people off is he said it doesn't have A/C
Perk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that too. I thought AC was standard though, so I figured he meant it just didn't work. I've been known to be wrong from time to time though.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Perk:

I noticed that too. I thought AC was standard though, so I figured he meant it just didn't work. I've been known to be wrong from time to time though.

Last year I parts up a non-air '88. The year before I did a non-air '84.

Like rear spoilers, there was a "delete" option.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thunderstruck GT:

Like rear spoilers, there was a "delete" option.

Not really. That implies that they came as standard equipment when the spoiler was a $269 option. Those Fieros without a spoiler weren't "deletes", they just weren't ordered with one. Only the '84 Indy & '88 Formula came with a spoiler as standard equipment.

The majority of fastbacks and most aero-bodied notchbacks came with a spoiler though.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would like to see pics of the engine and interior and is there rust? I would love to have a black 88 T Top Formula with the tan and brown interior.
PFF
System Bot
Perk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should email or text the owner. I would hate to see this car go to some punk kid or someone who would beat this car into the ground. It's too rare for that.
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2015 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

Not really. That implies that they came as standard equipment when the spoiler was a $269 option. Those Fieros without a spoiler weren't "deletes", they just weren't ordered with one. Only the '84 Indy & '88 Formula came with a spoiler as standard equipment.

The majority of fastbacks and most aero-bodied notchbacks came with a spoiler though.

Well, its been 18 years or so since I looked but I believe my '88 Identification Label has a spoiler delete option code.
Perk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2015 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just out of curiosity, if anyone inquires into more details about this car (or buys it for that matter) please update us with any and all information. Thanks!
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did, he said he won't be back into town till Sunday, to get me more pictures.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, not to hijack this thread, but my formula is available and can be seen now in the mall in the thread titled : 1988 CJB Formula 5 speed 57K original mile beauty

Has less miles and is basically in new condition.... I need to sell her too
Thunderstruck GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2015 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

Hey, not to hijack this thread, but my formula is available and can be seen now in the mall in the thread titled : 1988 CJB Formula 5 speed 57K original mile beauty

Has less miles and is basically in new condition.... I need to sell her too

And yours is a much better buy.
Bob2112

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob2112Send a Private Message to Bob2112Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking about getting this car. I'm looking at another black formula but it isn't a t-top, but it does have A/C. Decisions, decisions. Anyone have any idea how hard it is to add A/C to a factory non-A/C car?

Someone asked for more pictures so here's some. Hopefully you guys don't go and out bid me since I'm new here.

Perk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless you are dead set on getting a black one, I would recommend you get the yellow formula. It is hands down a much better buy. It is also more rare than the black one. For the asking price of the black one plus the cost of adding A/C you might as well get the yellow formula. With all that said, both of these cars need a good home.
Bob2112

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob2112Send a Private Message to Bob2112Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that yellow Fiero is a steal. If I liked yellow I would have purchased it already. But I can't even repaint it because the interior is so beautifully done.
Perk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PerkSend a Private Message to PerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well with that said, since these cars came with A/C I would imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to add it; as long as you can find the parts needed for the conversion, you have the money to buy it all and you are willing to put in the wrench time. It would help to know if the car is already wired for A/C as well.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the guys in our club added A/C to a car. It can be done, but it's not easy.
He did have to add wiring to the harness.
Bob2112

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bob2112Send a Private Message to Bob2112Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I'm going to go for the sunroof Formula instead. I'd like to do some mods, and I feel like these CJB Formula's should be left in factory original condition. Since I only have room for one Fiero in my collection, this probably isn't the car for me. The other Formula has just about every option other than the remote trunk release, so instead of spending time adding options to this T-Top car, I could be doing the other mods I'd like to do. Now to get through Thanksgiving and hopefully get a new Fiero in a week or two!

[This message has been edited by Bob2112 (edited 11-24-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock