3.8v6 out of v6 racecar for sale. by wrong generation
Started on: 11-16-2015 05:18 PM
Replies: 6 (630 views)
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 12-02-2015 08:50 AM
wrong generation

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wrong generationSend a Private Message to wrong generationEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the motor and transmission out of a 1997 Camaro that my friend built as a v6 race car.

Motor was rebuilt around 2006/2008, but has less than a full hour of runtime on it.
He never finished the car enough to actually drive it on the road.
It was only moved around a driveway after motor was installed and then he moved away and it sat for several years. Motor and trans are still in the car.

I do not have any paperwork on the rebuild though.
If you provide a non-refundable deposit, I will gladly open up the engine so you can see the bottom end or I will even pull off the heads and intake. However, it will be the buyers responsibility to reassemble and that includes the buyer buying any gaskets that would need to be replaced from opening stuff up. For the buyers protection, If the motor looks like a 100k mile motor once opened you would get your deposit back obviously, I'm not trying to scam anyone.

The engine has long tube headers, electric water pump, SLP cold air intake, aftermarket plug wires, and tuned w/HP tuners.
I know the Internal balance shaft was removed when the motor was rebuilt by R&L in westwood NJ(out of business now). I transported the engine to and from the machine shop for my friend years ago.

The current 4l60e trans I know only a little about as well, but I was told it was upgraded with better servos and supposedly has a shift kit. He bought it from another V6 racer out of Virginia around 2006 and it came with its owns torque converter. That's all I know.

The motor trans combo includes the following:
Complete 3.8l engine from oil pan to throttle body
coil packs and wires
engine accessories(power steering pump/res, alternator, electric water pump)
SLP cold air intake
long tube headers
4l60e w/converter
Tuned pcm w/engine wiring harness

$1000 for all that.

Additional items from the car are available and could be included for a small additional cost.
I have an engine hoist to aid in loading.

I would sell motor and transmission separate. in that case:
motor $850
transmission: $300
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in NJ and will try to help spread the word but just for the record it can be very hard to sell an engine without hearing it run. What you can do short of disassembly, is to do a cylinder leak down test. That is a sure indicator of ring/cylinder condition. You can use a fiber optic camera to inspect the cylinder walls for rust. For an engine that passes these tests, short of running; for $800 with a harness and PCM that may be a fair price.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

wrong generation

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2015 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wrong generationSend a Private Message to wrong generationEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I am in NJ and will try to help spread the word but just for the record it can be very hard to sell an engine without hearing it run. What you can do short of disassembly, is to do a cylinder leak down test. That is a sure indicator of ring/cylinder condition. You can use a fiber optic camera to inspect the cylinder walls for rust. For an engine that passes these tests, short of running; for $800 with a harness and PCM that may be a fair price.

sweet thanks for passing the word. the engine could be heard running. its still in the car. no reason why it couldn't be started up real quick
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wrong generation:

sweet thanks for passing the word. the engine could be heard running. its still in the car. no reason why it couldn't be started up real quick

Great. Hearing the engine run is key. Got the word out to the NJ folks that I know around here. Hopefully someone will bite. Is this engine supercharged or N/A?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What bell-housing pattern is on those?
wrong generation

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wrong generationSend a Private Message to wrong generationEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the engine is n/a

as far as bell housing good question. its a 90 degree v6 if that helps any.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2015 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

What bell-housing pattern is on those?

The 1996-2002 Camaro used the L36 Naturally Aspirated (3800na series 2) motor. The difference is the intake on the motor which would face the front of the car in the Camaro, which if installed in the Fiero would face the passenger side of the car. That intake is the one I have seen on turbo 3800 applications in the Fiero.

The "L" transmission is longitudinal and wouldn't work in the Fiero. Typically we use the "T" front wheel drive transmission.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread
Modified stock air canister and base to 3.5 inch for 3800na

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors