Complete sd4 engines by klayne38
Started on: 10-17-2015 03:21 AM
Replies: 19 (1450 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 03-23-2016 01:27 AM
klayne38

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for klayne38Send a Private Message to klayne38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Selling 3 super duty 4 complete engines. First engine 2484cc steel SD head 2.02 and 1.92 valves 6.125 rod je 4" pistons entire block sleeved with thick wall sleeves. Crane rr cam with new isky lifters. 2bbl intake
2nd: 3.25 eagle crank stroke . 040 over block srp pistons 6.125 rods crane 5 bearing rr alum 437 head with 2.08 titanium valves 4bbl intake port matched to head
3rd: 3.060 SD crank alum 437 head 2.08 titanium valves srp. 040 pistons 6.2 rod isky rr cam.
Have another 437 head with steel valves. Have 2 more 3.25
cranks 1 is SD the other is forged steel aftermarket. Have clutches, distributors, Intakes, internal and external oil pumps, camshafts, pushrods, water pumps ect.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are the blocks the early 3 cam bearing style or the later 5 roller bearing style?

Do you have the Jesle rocker arm set up?
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of unusual to find someone with multiple complete SD4s.

I'd love the chance to check them out even if there's nothing I could really do with any of them at the present moment.
klayne38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2015 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for klayne38Send a Private Message to klayne38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the late response. Didn't get an notification there was a response. 2 blocks are 5 bearing with needle bearing rollers and starter mounts on both sides of block. The other is the early style 3 bearing. I have 3 sets of jesel rockers 1.55 1.6 and 1.7 ratio. I have 5 sets of jesel rocker stands it takes 2 sets to configure them to fit on the iron head.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2015 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2015 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P. M. sent
klayne38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2015 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klayne38Send a Private Message to klayne38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@skuzzbomer you are welcome to check them anytime.
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2015 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you an e-mail. You didn't respond??????
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2015 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id like to know prices.
Are they functional engines with no issues?
Thanks.

Rather have a superduty than a typical engine swap.
klayne38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klayne38Send a Private Message to klayne38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob, I will give you a call this evening.
klayne38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klayne38Send a Private Message to klayne38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

klayne38

11 posts
Member since Jan 2015
One block is perfect. Has 4 thick wall sleeves made for tractor pull engines. It is 4.00 bore has flat top je pistons. No expense spared and has been taken care of meticulously and dynoed.
One of the others has been windowed out of #3 just at the end of the superduty logo. Has been sleeved and block repaired line bored ect. Both these engines are currently running and driving in dirt oval racers and are being sold fully assembled. Both these blocks are 5 bearing roller bearing cams. The last block is currently being sonic tested throughout from a hairline Crack in #2 cyl. Most likely is going to need 4 sleeves to become a reliable engine. I have cranks to build it as 2500 2700 and 3000 with flat top or eyelid pistons and steel or alum head depending on what the buyer wants to do with it. Also clutches bellhousings ect.
PFF
System Bot
rkirkpatrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2015 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rkirkpatrickSend a Private Message to rkirkpatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What price are you wanting??
klayne38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2016 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klayne38Send a Private Message to klayne38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Asking 4000 each complete engine with bolt ons
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of HP do these engines make?
I'm assuming they are made to fit carbs, but can a FI system be adapted?
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2016 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

What kind of HP do these engines make?
I'm assuming they are made to fit carbs, but can a FI system be adapted?

Yes. I have TBI on my SD4. You just need the carb to TB adapter plate. The run 50 to 100 as I recall or you can just make your own.
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by edfiero:

Yes. I have TBI on my SD4. You just need the carb to TB adapter plate. The run 50 to 100 as I recall or you can just make your own.

Which TBI are you using? Is it a stock Fiero Duke TBI? And if so, did you need to retune the ECM?

------------------
Silver 88 coupe, Duke with TH125C (for now)
White 88 GT, 3800 L67 with 4T65E-HD (sold)
White 91 Cadillac DeVille (winter beater and possible swap donor)

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm assuming stock TB would work

What kind of HP do your motors have?
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2016 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Which TBI are you using? Is it a stock Fiero Duke TBI? And if so, did you need to retune the ECM?

A stock TBI won't work on an SD engine. Reason being it can't deliver enough fuel. The stock injector is something like 60 lb/hr flow rate. You need one almost double that
And Yes, you would need to reprogram the computer, if it could be done. I don't know anyone that has done this. I have a TBI from a 5.0 liter V8 Truck. The 4.3, 5.0, and 5.7 TBI is all the same (for the most part), with the main difference being injector size and vacuum ports. With the 5.0 injectors I am exceeding 100% duty cycle during my shifts at WOT. I have a new ECU from Dynamic EFI which can be flashed on the fly. Its a great product.
klayne38

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2016 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klayne38Send a Private Message to klayne38Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have dyno sheets on the 2500. Makes 280 at 8200rpm with a modified 4412 on methanol.
Havent dynoed the 2700 but its likely breaking 300
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2016 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bet these would be beasts turboed

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock