88 T-Top Fiero GT with Only 33K Miles - See Slideshow by canfirst
Started on: 10-08-2015 08:18 PM
Replies: 29 (1633 views)
Last post by: Thunderstruck GT on 11-03-2015 09:50 PM
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://s1295.photobucket.co...20T-Top%20Fiero%20GT

I am a senior in my late 60's and due to physical ailments am considering selling my black 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT with Factory Authorized T-Tops (Option code CJB) by Cars and Concepts number 77 of only 614 T-Top Fiero GT's built. Of the 6849 Fiero GT's manufactured in 1988, 3050 were automatic, 3799 were standard, and only 4602 were black in colour. The T-Top Registry provided a Total Suggested Retail Price of $17,355.00 US, but I am definitely not that unrealistic. I am open to reasonable offers in US dollars and would just like to receive a fair price for an increasingly rare and collectable 88 T-Top Fiero GT, VIN # 1G2PG1197JP210413.

The Fiero has Michelin Pilot tires with lots of tread remaining and the black diamond rims look nearly new without any curb rash. All power options including the cruise control work, but the power door locks are sticking. The power windows operate at about medium speed. The locks and windows can be lubricated when the new dew wipes are installed. The sail panels and tail lights are virtually flawless with only one nearly inconspicuous very shallow stone chip in the drivers tail light in the backup light area. The air conditioning blows ice cold but appears to leak oil from the O-rings at the compressor. There are no other known fluid or oil leaks from the engine or transmission. The drivers side wing-stand has a crack, but is repairable and the Fiero Store gasket replacement dosen't quite fit properly.

The Fiero is currently licensed as a "Collector Car" in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. Prior to having the Fiero safetied I had the following repairs completed: replaced 2 upper control arm bushings, replaced lower left ball joint, replaced 2 front sway bar links, replaced 2 front brake rotors, wheel alignment and tires balanced. All exterior lights work as they should including the hideaway headlight motors and the rear taillight "P O N T I A C" insignia lights up when the engine is running. The Temperature gauge fix repair (factory wiring fault) was completed in accordance with fierosails.com wiring instructions.

This 88 T-Top Fiero GT is in very good condition and was garage kept as a show car in the U.S. for many years. There are a few light scratches in the paint that have been touched-up, but there are no cracks or spider cracking in the bumpers or flexible body panels. The body panels have the original white stickers with the VIN numbers on them. I have never driven the Fiero in the rain or snow and it is kept in my heated garage. There is no evidence of any rust under the carpet in the trunk corners. The outer dew wipes are weathered and cracked, but 2 new dew wipes are included. The Fiero has an aftermarket CD player with disc changer behind the passenger seat, but the AM/FM function does not work. A factory original Fiero AM/FM stereo radio/cassette player is included with the sale. There is an aftermarket Serpico alarm system installed, but no instructions on how to operate therefor it has not been used. The interior is near mint with no rips, tears, stains, odours, warping, or drooping headliner. I have recently changed the T-Top "P" seals with an extruded black plastic/vinyl "L" shape moulding and waterproof foam gasket which looks much better than the original fabric coated rubber "P" seals.

I prefer to have this Fiero go to a new home where it will be appreciated, respected and preserved in its stock condition for future generations to admire and enjoy. I would be more than happy to answer any questions about the Fiero and will cooperate with the new Owner regarding importing and shipping. This Fiero was originally sold by Admiral Pontiac in Maryland, and I purchased and imported it into Canada from Annapolis Maryland.

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 10-08-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2015 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a beautiful car. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to touch it for anywhere near what it's worth.
GLWS!
Turbowedge

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurbowedgeSend a Private Message to TurbowedgeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great car, the only way it could be any better would be if it had Beechwood interior and a five speed. Free bump and good luck with sale.
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice car- Did you take those pictures in the Canadian Mint parking lot? Looks familiar...

good luck with the sale
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride, good luck on the sale
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could offer a suggestion, it is best to post the price you are looking for as it gives a point to start from. Some of us are always in the market for a great car but don't want to insult the owner with a price that is unrealistic in their eyes.
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

That's a beautiful car. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to touch it for anywhere near what it's worth.
GLWS!

Thank you for the compliment Raydar.
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

canfirst

641 posts
Member since Jul 2011

Originally posted by Turbowedge:

Great car, the only way it could be any better would be if it had Beechwood interior and a five speed. Free bump and good luck with sale.

Thank you for the compliment and free bump Turbowedge.
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

canfirst

641 posts
Member since Jul 2011

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

nice car- Did you take those pictures in the Canadian Mint parking lot? Looks familiar...

good luck with the sale

You have a keen eye cam-a-lot, yes photos were taken at the Winnipeg Mint parking lot. Thanks for the compliment and good wishes. Have a Happy Thanksgiving filled with lots of delicious turkey and stuffing!
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2015 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

canfirst

641 posts
Member since Jul 2011

Originally posted by jc8367:

Nice ride, good luck on the sale

Thanks for compliment and best wishes jc8367.
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

If I could offer a suggestion, it is best to post the price you are looking for as it gives a point to start from. Some of us are always in the market for a great car but don't want to insult the owner with a price that is unrealistic in their eyes.

Thank you for the suggestion johnyrottin, I'm hoping to sell it for $13,000 USD, is that a reasonable expectation? I understand there was an 88 T-Top Formula Fiero with similar mileage that bid up to $13,500 USD at Mecum Auction recently and it didn't reach the reserve price. I will check Mecum Auctions to confirm.
PFF
System Bot
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for further comments or interest. Is $13K a reasonable price?
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

Bump for further comments or interest. Is $13K a reasonable price?

$13,000 Canadian is probably a fair price for the car, but when we speak on the matter of "worth", you need to consider what you can buy for that amount of money. The collector car market is currently flooded with inventory and Fieros are not at the top end of the scale. The right buyer will come your way but it may take time.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

$13,000 Canadian is probably a fair price for the car, but when we speak on the matter of "worth", you need to consider what you can buy for that amount of money. The collector car market is currently flooded with inventory and Fieros are not at the top end of the scale. The right buyer will come your way but it may take time.

Your input is very much appreciated Dennis, Thank You! I have bit the bullet and now listed it on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...9d&item=171972765208
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

Your input is very much appreciated Dennis, Thank You! I have bit the bullet and now listed it on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pon...9d&item=171972765208

Hope that you consider my remarks as realistic rather than negative. $13,000 Canadian is about $10,500 US and it is a good value at that price for a rare low miles 88 T-Top. Hope that someone appreciates the value, meets your reserve and buys it. Its a select market right now but rare Fieros do seem to sell..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've definitely got interest in your car ... 5 days to go and the bids are up to $5600 already!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pardon me, I don't mean to steal your "For Sale" thread but could you tell us more about:

"have recently changed the T-Top "P" seals with an extruded black plastic/vinyl "L" shape moulding and waterproof foam gasket which looks much better than the original fabric coated rubber "P" seals."

Maybe post some pictures and an explanation of what you used and how you did it? I am going to need to do my t-tops with this solution as the fabric is starting to become more brittle.

Thank you!
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2015 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pardon me, I don't mean to steal your "For Sale" thread but could you tell us more about:

"have recently changed the T-Top "P" seals with an extruded black plastic/vinyl "L" shape moulding and waterproof foam gasket which looks much better than the original fabric coated rubber "P" seals."

Maybe post some pictures and an explanation of what you used and how you did it? I am going to need to do my t-tops with this solution as the fabric is starting to become more brittle.

Thank you!

Following is the door edge guard material I purchased on eBay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/UNIV...t-Roll/351187460435?

I removed the old P-seal fabric and metal weatherstrip leaving the existing rivets in place and cleaned off the black sticky adhesive with alcohol soaked rags. Once the adhesive was cleaned off I installed the self adhesive door edge guard moulding with the adhesive side against the vertical portion of the T-Top glass opening and the non-adhesive side sitting on top of the roof opening. If you look closely at my eBay listing photos you may see the door edge guard material.

I then used a 3/16" x 3/4" self adhesive weatherproof black foam gasket installed immediately below the door edge guard moulding to cover the rivets left behind from the old P-seals and to help close the slight gap remaining between the edge of the T-Top glass and the door edge guard moulding. I hope this is a clear enough explanation of my installation.

On the following photo you can see how I wrapped the door edge guard moulding around the front end edge of the T-Top metal moulding and on the rear wide metal moulding I wrapped the door edge guard moulding around the end edge of the wide metal moulding. I used a heat gun to help bend the door edge guard moulding around the 90 degree corners being careful not to melt the moulding. I also used a bit of flexible Crazy Glue to hold the door edge guard moulding in place at the ends.

Note on the above photo of the front moulding you can see one rivet where the foam gasket adhesive let go. I will re-adhere the foam gasket with flexible Crazy Glue which works very well.

[This message has been edited by canfirst (edited 10-20-2015).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks fantastic! Would you mind taking and posting a few close up shots?
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2015 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

You've definitely got interest in your car ... 5 days to go and the bids are up to $5600 already!

Seems to be stuck at $5800 with a day and a half to go. Is this standard practice?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2015 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It depends. All it takes is the right person. Or two people getting into a bidding war. Or it may not sell, this time.
PFF
System Bot
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It depends. All it takes is the right person. Or two people getting into a bidding war. Or it may not sell, this time.

I guess the timing just wasn't right to auction the Fiero, the highest bid was only $6228. I will give it a try again in the new year.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do I dare to ask if the bidding was anywhere close to your reserve?

Aside from that... people start getting tax refunds after the new year. You might have better luck then.
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do I dare to ask if the bidding was anywhere close to your reserve?

Aside from that... people start getting tax refunds after the new year. You might have better luck then.

PM sent, Thanks!
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2015 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice car indid, and priced right. Whereas an automatic trans in a Fiero makes a slow car slower; I think you -as others have stated- need to find the right buyer for your splendid car. Good luck from another old-guy with a Fiero GT for sale for similar reasons.

------------------
my 86 2.8 intercooled turbo

[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/user/francis44/media/69ba83f6-9cfd-4291-88fe-5a4ea85369e4_zpsd980ade4.jpg.html]
my 87 norm aspri but highy modified 2.8

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 02:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is true that you need to find the right buyer. I had thought about it because I am rather close and I like low mileage fieros! For me the two issues were the auto trans and the black paint, otherwise I would have considered it. Now some else is going to say yes the the black paint and yes on the auto trans and wouldn't consider any other car. I wish you luck. It is a nice car.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love my automatic!!!
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It looks fantastic! Would you mind taking and posting a few close up shots?

I haven't forgotten your request johnyrottin, I've just been busy with getting everything ready for winter on my home, yard, vehicles, etc. Will post some close up photo's for you when I get a chance.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

For me the two issues were the auto trans and the black paint...

Let's not forget the T-Tops. Some people love them, others (such as myself) avoid them like the plague. For me living in a rain forest, there's no point buying a car that either already leaks... or is going to.
Thunderstruck GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2015 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Thunderstruck GTSend a Private Message to Thunderstruck GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RossT:

It is true that you need to find the right buyer. I had thought about it because I am rather close and I like low mileage fieros! For me the two issues were the auto trans and the black paint, otherwise I would have considered it. Now some else is going to say yes the the black paint and yes on the auto trans and wouldn't consider any other car. I wish you luck. It is a nice car.

I don't have a problem with the black or the automatic. I have an issue with any T-top Fiero. They weren't born with them.

Constructive criticism here... Buff the paint to remove those fine scratches. Black only looks good 1 way... Flawless! You have a nice car there and as mentioned, these cars don't sell overnight, no collector car does unless it has a bowtie in the grille. But then, anybody can own one of those.

This is also the bad time of the year to sell a collector car. No one is looking for a car they can't drive for at least 6 months unless they can steal it and 10 grand would be stealing it. Your car is worth $10500.00 on the low side but $12000.00 to $12500.00 is more realistic. Nice 88 GT's don't come around everyday.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock