Started on: 09-28-2015 01:18 PM
Replies: 10 (480 views)
Last post by: jetman on 09-29-2015 03:40 PM
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit on Tuesday evening, September 29 2015.

The car has been sold a forum member, I'm sure that the old silver bullet will enjoy it's new home.

Thank you to all the forum members who expressed interest, it is appreciated.

Ok, up for sale is my 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE with V-6 4-speed. It pains me to sell it but the fuel pump is going out. The ECM is good, in key on, check engine light is on but the fuel pump does not always prime. Von Schrader valve has weak flow, hense my best guess, it needs a new fuel pump.

I’ve owned her for 16 years, has 109,000 miles on it, drives straight, stops straight, most everything works, I was driving it around town just 6 weeks ago.

Good battery, good exhaust, Grand AM brake upgrade in rear and new loaded calipers front about 1K miles ago. Brand new alternator, new oil pressure sender, new windshield, tires are good, silverstar headlights, rebuilt dog bone, lots of Rodney Dickman’s stuff on it, short throw shifter, exhaust manifold studs, clutch slave piston, has a GT steering wheel, good battery too.

The not so good, no cat ever since I’ve owned it, no e-brake (Grand AM upgrade), cracked front fender, EGR solenoid needs replacement. I have parts for headlight isolation relay upgrade and I’ve got a seat cover on driver seat, back yard paint job.

The car will fire up and run for about 6 to 20 seconds, rough but it runs, when the fuel pump primes and stays on.

I’ve got a large box containing all my V-6 parts, sensors, ignition, nuts, bolts, filters and I’ve got a used engraved plenum and valve covers which I was going to re-finish. I also got the Fiero owner’s manual, service manual, body manual and maintenance manual on a CD.

I’m asking $350.00 or best offer, will post pictures later, I live in Royal Oak Michigan.

PM me, I’ll answer back in the evenings.

You know, even the sail panels are in good shape, no cracks.

------------------
jetman
Silver 86 SE 2M6 4-speed, with
"check wallet light"
Now fortified with 8 essential slices of bacon goodness

[This message has been edited by jetman (edited 09-29-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an 85 v-6 4 spd ECM for sale if you want to just swap it out. $50 shipped.
Works excellent-was removed to do my 3800sc swap.
------------------
Louis Duet Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"I spread my wings, I try to fly. I believed in myself when there was nothing right. I know I'm dust and oh, we are sand. But we give of ourselves, as best as we can."
-G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT 3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12, VIN #5835, Stock PRV engine, Peugot 604 Intake manifold, Exhaust headers, Anti-3rd brake light

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 09-28-2015).]

Loudandfast13

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Loudandfast13Send a Private Message to Loudandfast13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent !!!
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just took a couple of pictures as she sits, here's the link to my smugmug photo page.

https://jetman.smugmug.com/86-Fiero/

I replied to the PM's, thanks for the interest so far, it is appreciated.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great deals are Always too far away !
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

Great deals are Always too far away !

I agree !
Sure is a nice lookin' car !
I'd buy it for $300-350 if it wasnt states away.

------------------
Louis Duet Baldwin, Long Island, NY
"I spread my wings, I try to fly. I believed in myself when there was nothing right. I know I'm dust and oh, we are sand. But we give of ourselves, as best as we can."
-G. Rossdale
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT 3800sc series 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12, VIN #5835, Stock PRV engine, Peugot 604 Intake manifold, Exhaust headers, Anti-3rd brake light

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 09-28-2015).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez man how come deals like this never happen near me LOL> That is a decent looking fiero. good luck with the sale

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee
A&N Precision Machine on Facebook!

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jetman, please consider replacing the ECM, as well as just putting in a new fuel pump.
I would hate to see you get rid of a car you love because of a simple fix
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Jetman, please consider replacing the ECM, as well as just putting in a new fuel pump.
I would hate to see you get rid of a car you love because of a simple fix

For clarification, I double checked some stuff, the ECM works, the fuel pump is the problem. I live in an apartment, gravel parking lot, landlord abhors car repairs in lot, it's time to move on so to speak.

OXFDFIERO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OXFDFIEROSend a Private Message to OXFDFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it still for sale? I pm'ed you but never got a reply....
jetman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OXFDFIERO:

Is it still for sale? I pm'ed you but never got a reply....

I just sent a PM to you with my work phone number.

I'm so sorry I didn't get back right away, there were alot of PM's.

Hopefully this car will be sold to a forum member, you know, a true Fiero enthusiast.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock