Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Potentially Parting Out 2 Formulas (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Potentially Parting Out 2 Formulas by onesexyfiero
Started on: 09-26-2015 11:10 AM
Replies: 53 (1698 views)
Last post by: FieroJuice on 12-06-2015 09:06 AM
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just stumbled across a couple recent additions to the local salvage yard. 2 60k mile Formulas. Both white 5 speeds with grey interiors. Power windows, manual mirrors, sunroofs. Lots of really nice parts. Definitely going to go back for some parts for myself. Depending on interest, I may buy and ship parts for others. The more I buy, the better the prices. If there's enough interest, may see about buying the cars whole and parting them out. I hate to see these cars go to waste. The yard likely won't keep them for long.

Sorry, no pics. Some things of note:

Seats gone
Mirrors gone on one
Wheels gone
One has an early coupe rear bumper
One has a bra
Bodies look really good
Interior has some super nice parts, including door cards, dashes with near perfect corners, belts, shift knobs, gauges, dot matrix trim
Motors and trans appear complete
One has only a tiny spec of rust in the trunk corners, the other has some rot

If there's interest, I can see about prices and get pics. I will sell parts for the yard's price plus actual shipping. Just to give you a sense, they told me $15 for a mint headliner, $25 for some super nice seatbelts, and by that point they were already ready to throw in some mint armrests for free. Not looking to profit, just hate to see these cars get crushed.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Loudandfast13

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Loudandfast13Send a Private Message to Loudandfast13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need the dot matrix trims!!!
PM sent!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent about suspension pieces
yellow fever

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellow feverSend a Private Message to yellow feverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How about the rear sway bar with all the hardware
Cobra50

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cobra50Send a Private Message to Cobra50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
Loudandfast13

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Loudandfast13Send a Private Message to Loudandfast13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If there is a second rear swaybar setup I need one too!
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm needing all the parts to convert a automatic trans formula to a five speed. Any idea what those parts would cost?
FieroCustom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would love the clutch pedal assembly from one to do the Auto-Man swap as well. So, you have at least two people interested in those parts.
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in a dash and auto shift surround also need headlight modules from both cars and the cruise stocks.
Brian

[This message has been edited by bkw88 (edited 09-26-2015).]

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like there's a fair bit of interest, and parts that are fairly invasive to pull. The yard is closed tomorrow and Monday. Will give them a call next week and see if they'll sell the cars whole. If its not too much money, I'll grab one or both, take them home and part them out. If its too steep, I'll buy and sell the stuff that I can grab. The cars have no wheels and are sitting on the ground, so things like sway bars wont be feasible in that scenario.
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the parts I would need if you can make this happen.

Clutch pedal assembly, master cylinder, shift assembly, and shifter surround if it's gray. I would also take the shift cables if they seem to be in good shape. Don't need the hard clutch hydraulic that runs from the master to slave, I will be running a flexible line back.
PFF
System Bot
CJB118

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting about the PnP Formulas! I am planning a 1988 3800SC build, and the next item I will need is a solid 88 cradle. No timeline yet, I would grab one if available, when available. I am in SW NH, so PM me if you happen to spot one!

I am also interested in an 88 fuel tank (with fittings) in restorable condition, and an 88 P side sail panel.

------------------
1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula, Yellow, original. (CJB #118)
1977 Pontiac Le Mans Can-Am W72, original, unrestored.
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP L67/MN7 (Parts Car)

[This message has been edited by CJB118 (edited 09-27-2015).]

L.I. Fieros

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2015 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L.I. FierosSend a Private Message to L.I. FierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent about the decklid hinges!
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For everyone that's PMing me, I'm ignoring for right now, only because I cant speak to the condition of each part just yet, and I need to determine if I can buy the whole car or parts. I do have an 86 SE V6 4 speed and an 87 GT 5 speed of my own, so I may be able to get many of the parts for folks regardless of how this shakes out.
painandgain99

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2015 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for painandgain99Send a Private Message to painandgain99Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking for interior instrument trim! Around gauges, radioe and 5 speed manual with power windows and mirrors.
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2015 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any update?
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please post the vin# with info exterior color interior color of each.
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2015 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is the yard in n.h or vt..?
I need parts but it cost to much to ship
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yard is in Colchester, VT. I talked to them today, and they will sell the car whole. Given the interest, I will likely go ahead and get at least one of them. Car will likely be parted out from my father's place in Goshen, NH.
FieroCustom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2015 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful. For my auto-man swap, I'd only be requesting the clutch pedal assembly (including the clutch switch on the pedal, its electrical plug and about 9-12" of the wires off it). Thank you for your time.
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onesexyfiero:

Yard is in Colchester, VT. I talked to them today, and they will sell the car whole. Given the interest, I will likely go ahead and get at least one of them. Car will likely be parted out from my father's place in Goshen, NH.

Perfect.
I would again like to claim an entire suspension set,
all 4 front control arms, both rear control arms, trailing arms, adjustable link, and lateral control arms

I sent you a PM, but I know you were ignoring them until you made a decision
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-01-2015 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
grab the hood prop and all brackets off both cars if you only take one home.
woodrow50

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodrow50Send a Private Message to woodrow50Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in the front air dam that attaches underneath the front bumper. Also needing the mounting brackets. Hopefully these items are still on the car. I've been looking for awhile - they're obviously getting harder to find.
Thanks.
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rathe's? I sent 3 of my cars there when they were worn out or wrecked, over a period of 4 years in the 80's...then when I needed a part, me and a buddy went there, and he laughed and pointed out my 3 cars, which by sheer coincidence were lined up right next to each other! One of the weirdest moments I've ever experienced.

------------------

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's funny. I do like Rathe's. One of the few places around that still lets you wander the yard and is fair with prices. Couldn't have worked up a tire and wheel donut setup for my 12" brakes without being given free reign in their yard for a couple hours.
fyreTrap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyreTrapSend a Private Message to fyreTrapEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been looking for grey seat skins. If they are in decent shape consider them sold.
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I bought both cars. Picked one up this morning. Will be grabbing the other later this week. Cradles are bad on both, but still lots of good parts. I will be slowly responding to requests. Be patient. I have many.

Edit, pics of #1:

http://postimg.org/gallery/1jb4s897k/

[This message has been edited by onesexyfiero (edited 10-03-2015).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2015 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
might want the wheels if not spoken for,
p.m. me your town and state, (nh or vt) so I can mapquest how far it tis
CJB118

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CJB118Send a Private Message to CJB118Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like at least one usable P side Sail panel. Let me know $ plus shipping to 03461, if/when you can.
Those pics remind me that Vermont has it's own unique, voracious RUST!

------------------

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM'd. That's what happens when you park a car in the grass/mud.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You have a P.M.

------------------

ARCHIES JUNK IS FASTER THAN SHAUNNA'S JUNK

12.3 is faster than a 13.2

PFF
System Bot
flimbob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pm sent
FieroCustom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2015 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCustomClick Here to visit FieroCustom's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroCustomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome that work is progressing. I'll be checking in, please PM me when the second clutch pedal assembly is ready and I'll Paypal or send a money order, what ever you need. Zip code will be 98030. Thanks for your time and rescuing those two from the scrapper to save many other Fieros that are still on the road.
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2015 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car #2. They're almost twins. This one's got a whole 62k on it. Busy pulling parts all day today. PM me with what you need.

http://postimg.org/gallery/ym49ftja/
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is this still active? Can you snag the center armrest/rear glovebox for me?
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still active. I'm buried, but I've shipped out everything people have paid for at this point. If I haven't responded to you, PM me.

Both consoles are warped. I think it shows in the pics. I might have a tan one in good shape if you're interested.
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I didn't see the center armrests in the pics.
I need a gray one... not sure at this point if I want to have one reupholstered
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2015 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I looked back, and it doesn't show in the pictures. I know one has a pretty substantial cut in it. The other might be usable. The door is curled, but the rest might be ok. Will check.
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2015 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
payment sent for the 2 hood props and aux gauge cluster..

if the fuel tanks are not rusted to hell or beat to hell, I might drive up to your place, as I need a few to use as templates to repop tanks for our cars..

if I do, I will most likely take a few other things , depending on total.. lol
sunroof, glass and trim, and hardware.. but not the roof skin..
front clip.. and front frame horns . I know you said they are beat.. but they don't look hit.. seems the front cross frame member in my indy got whacked, at somepoint and a hack didn't do a very good job, straightning it..

[This message has been edited by E.Furgal (edited 10-16-2015).]

onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2015 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, got your payment. Have the stuff pulled. Ready to box and ship out ASAP.

Should have a good tank or two. Have 5 or so sunroof glass, both mirrored and non mirrored. You can look at the front ends. May have better luck with the 86 or the 87.

Prices are better if I don't have to pull and ship.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock