Replies: 21 (500 views)
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-12-2015 10:38 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They broke into my Fiero a few weeks back (apparently to steal the car itself since nothing was missing) and they messed up my rear center console and broke the cigarette lighter trim piece. Since these things are covered by my insurance, I was wondering if anyone here has either of these things laying around (preferably in good condition obviously). The color I'm looking for is tan.

They also destroyed my driver's side sail panel but I'm guessing that's just about impossible to replace.

Anyway, if anyone here has a tan rear center console they are willing to ship to me (for a good price since it's all being paid by the insurance), please let me know.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cig trim for free here. Shoot me a PM with shipping addy and I will ship it right over. Or I can ship it to whoever has a center console for you. Either way, free.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sail panel can be replaced. They sell them on Ebay, I think $120.00. In Ebay search, just type in "fiero sail panel"
Yannsky

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YannskySend a Private Message to YannskyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero store have it too
Loudandfast13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Loudandfast13Send a Private Message to Loudandfast13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear about the damage to your car. I've had that kind of thing happen before and it is a very violated feeling.

Just curious, What are the three buttons for?.. Nitrous, Ejector Seat, Rocket Launcher?...
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta love people these days, no matter what country...

What did they think they would accomplish by damaging that area?
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by notwohorns:

The sail panel can be replaced. They sell them on Ebay, I think $120.00. In Ebay search, just type in "fiero sail panel"

Yes, but as I understand it these are all reproductions and either have the wrong curvature (or no curvature at all), wrong color, badly printed dot matrix, etc. Although I must admit this one looks pretty good. Anyone any experience with this one?

Originally posted by Yannsky:

Fiero store have it too

Aren't those just flat trim pieces? With no curvature at all?

Originally posted by Loudandfast13:

Just curious, What are the three buttons for?.. Nitrous, Ejector Seat, Rocket Launcher?...

Yes, yes and yes.

No, those are control buttons for my digital dashboard.

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a gray glove box/console if you can't find a tan one (and want to try to paint/dye it). (You can have it for the cost of shipping.) If the screw hole backings are the only things that are broken, you can fix those with some washers and epoxy. You'll need one that has a hole big enough for the head of the screw and one (or more) with a hole just big enough for the threaded section. Play with the thicknesses, epoxy them together and it should outlast the car.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2015 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15814 posts
Member since Nov 1999

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

...my digital dashboard.

Still not selling those, are ya?

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Still not selling those, are ya?

Nope.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by weloveour86se:

Cig trim for free here. Shoot me a PM with shipping addy and I will ship it right over. Or I can ship it to whoever has a center console for you. Either way, free.

Cool! That's great! No need to ship it for free since it will be covered by my insurance. I'll PM you my address shortly.
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2015 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11685 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

I have a gray glove box/console if you can't find a tan one (and want to try to paint/dye it).

I've had bad experiencing trying to paint an interior piece... So I'll continue looking for a tan one for now. But thanks anyway.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2015 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff, Sorry to hear about your car. I just checked and I have a tan rear console I almost forgot I had. The lighter panel is included. The side vents are missing and the door is warped. Perhaps you can use your door & side vents.
I'll clean it up tomorrow and take some pics. The underside insulation is also intact.

Your site has helped me out a lot so No charge whatsoever for the item. Only shipping & packaging. This is a big piece to ship.

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2015 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the pics of the console. Not as nice as I thought it was. Typical lifting from the plastic underneath.

Cliff you have 1st dibbs on this for free. If not interested it's up for grabs to others,... for a nominal fee of course.

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

[This message has been edited by Spoon (edited 08-26-2015).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

I just checked and I have a tan rear console I almost forgot I had. The lighter panel is included. The side vents are missing and the door is warped. Perhaps you can use your door & side vents.
I'll clean it up tomorrow and take some pics. The underside insulation is also intact.

Awesome!

Typical lifting from the plastic underneath.

Is that something that can be fixed easily?

Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2015 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've used Gorilla Glue and some clamps and seems to hold up well. Should be some similar methods in the archives. The door may be a bit tricky. I'll look around tomorrow for another tan door. TXGOOD made me a new cup holder & door so My old one should still be around. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Spoon

------------------

Spoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2015 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Cliff, I couldn't find the tan door I thought I had. Let me know if your interested in the posted item. If so just "post" or "pm" me with your address and I will find out what the shipping cost are.

Spoon

------------------

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2015 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff. Sorry to hear about the attempted theft. Around here, they loot, but we shoot!
The best sail panel replacement available is the one sold by Paul McKibben. I've seen them installed and they fit perfect and look like new.
www.fierosails.com

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spoon:

Sorry Cliff, I couldn't find the tan door I thought I had. Let me know if your interested in the posted item. If so just "post" or "pm" me with your address and I will find out what the shipping cost are.

Thanks, I will let you know ASAP. Since this is covered by my insurance, I'm trying to find a center console as close to mint as possible first.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11685 posts
Member since Jan 99

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
The best sail panel replacement available is the one sold by Paul McKibben. I've seen them installed and they fit perfect and look like new.

I checked his website and he doesn't seem to have sail panels for fastbacks?

Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2015 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I checked his website and he doesn't seem to have sail panels for fastbacks?

All he does are notchback sail panels. With his quality, if he did fastback sail panels, he wouldn't be able to keep any in stock. He does nice work.

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2015 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things that go bump in the night.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock