WTB: Sunroof Weatherstrip by Matthew_Fiero
Started on: 08-15-2015 07:49 PM
Replies: 9 (238 views)
Last post by: bkw88 on 08-22-2015 05:08 PM
Matthew_Fiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a really good condition sunroof weatherstrip or new. If not, I will buy from TFS but looking here first. Thank you,

Matthew
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
bkw88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Avoid the FS seal. I replaced the seal and tracks with all new Fierostore tracks and seal. Spent several months of persuading the seal to get to seal right. The seal is is just a bit wider than the original. Try to hold out for an original one. Also make sure your tracks are in good shape.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bkw88:

Avoid the FS seal. I replaced the seal and tracks with all new Fierostore tracks and seal. Spent several months of persuading the seal to get to seal right. The seal is is just a bit wider than the original. Try to hold out for an original one. Also make sure your tracks are in good shape.

Thanks for the tip!

I just finished riveting and bolting on a great condition set of rails. Now i'm just looking for the seal Mine is covered in RTV on the backside and seems to have grown as it doesn't fit properly...
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a wrecking hard near by?? Try to find a original seal to put in. It will allow it to seal a lot better. Good luck finding one. I am looking for a set of rails for the car I just bought. White 88 formula. The rails a rotted completely away
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2015 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bkw88:

Do you have a wrecking hard near by?? Try to find a original seal to put in. It will allow it to seal a lot better. Good luck finding one. I am looking for a set of rails for the car I just bought. White 88 formula. The rails a rotted completely away

Yep I've checked the yards. One red 84. Sunroof seal already gone.

On the other hand I snagged the old headliner from it and made it look brand new
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heck yeah. Headliner tip.....JoAnn fabrics has several different shades of head liner material. They are almost a perfect match for the Fiero. All years and interior options. Less than $40 a headliner. I have to go to wrecking yard here soon. I will see if I can snag a seal for you. Will let you know what I find.
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Matthew_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matthew_FieroSend a Private Message to Matthew_FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump!
bkw88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2015 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkw88Send a Private Message to bkw88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have checked local yards and have had no luck with a good seal. You purchase the Fiero store one. It will just take a lot of work to make it seal. Best of luck to you!!
Brian

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock