Started on: 07-29-2015 12:25 AM
Replies: 22 (1170 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-21-2015 10:17 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
***SOLD***

This is the convertible that I bought a few months ago.
84 Automoda conversion. Under 20K on the odo.
Real SD4 engine w/ iron "775" head and roller rockers.
New Rodney master and slave cylinders.
New thermal coated Hooker Tri-Y header.
New Holley carb.
New (rebuilt) calipers and Thermoquiet pads.
New (rebuilt) master cylinder.
Poly bushings.
KYB shocks and struts.
15" Oz Fittipaldi wheels.
JVC 1.5 DIN stereo with EQ and aux input.
Leather or carpeted everything.
Runs good. Has a nice "thump" to it.
Everything works.
I had the fenders off it, a few weeks ago, adjusting panel gaps. I noticed that the frame is seriously reinforced, above and beyond the framework that Automoda supplied. This is probably one of the most sturdy 'verts that you will find. Can try to take pics of that if needed.

Ready to sell it. Need the space for other projects.
Didn't really need a 'vert. Just bought it to help out a friend, and have been working on it, since. Was hoping he'd get his... act together and buy it back, but it ain't happening.

Asking $5500. Or make me a reasonable serious offer.

At one point I was wanting to sell it as a roller. I'm not really interested in doing that any more, as I want to do other things (specifically, a 3.9, as posted elsewhere.)
I am also willing to negotiate a trade for an 88 in similar good condition. Miles and drivetrain condition are not that important, but must be otherwise in good condition and an A/C car. Prefer manual tranny.

Can send or post other pics by request. Let me know what you want to see.
For my asking price, I'll also include the Dellorto carb setup that came on the car. (They're in need of a rebuild, but are worth a crap ton on eBay, and dead sexy when installed. )

Thanks for looking.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 08-21-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tell me more about the SD4
What compression is it
How many hp does it have
Was it ever dynod
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI
Who ever wants the car for the motor I will buy the complete automoda top and grills ..... I know Raydar does not want to part it so this is just in case someone wants only the motor and other parts. I am too far ahead with my Project Widow to buy the complete car and have it shipped to me.

Thanks..... I can send my phone number to whoever buys the car .... my Paypal is standing by for immediate payment for the top and grills + work to remove it and send to me UPS

greatest regards to you Raydar

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 07-29-2015).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very good price. It should sell quickly.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Tell me more about the SD4
What compression is it
How many hp does it have
Was it ever dynod

Sorry... I know nothing about the SD4, other than it seems to have been built as a street engine. It wants premium fuel, but runs great on it.
Horsepower? Guessing between 180 and 200, with the Holley. It feels very similar to the 3.4 I built (cammed and ported) a few years ago. Probably a few more horses in there with a dyno tune and jetting. It's never been dynoed. Really just got it running decently.
It's an iron block and head with full roller rockers. Has an MSD box with a rev limiter. Has a 6K (IIRC) plug-in, in the limiter.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40712 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Very good price. It should sell quickly.

Thank you Dennis. I appreciate it.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40712 posts
Member since Oct 1999
All PMs answered.

Thanks.
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car is gorgeous. I keep coming back to look at the ad & wish I could take it home with me!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$5500 isn't a bad price just for an Automoda conversion, especially with the extra reinforcements. It's like getting the SD4 for free.
I'm almost tempted just for the uniqueness of an SD4 convertible. (almost)
Do you have any video of it running? I'd love to hear it.
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Correct me if im wrong but doesn't the SD4 have more then 180hp
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's another thread with SD4 specs,

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/122944.html

Now I'm interested,

[This message has been edited by jc8367 (edited 07-30-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

That car is gorgeous. I keep coming back to look at the ad & wish I could take it home with me!

What he said.

JJFieroFan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I didn't have 3 cars already I would be all over it!!! This is a NICE car!!!
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2015 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Correct me if im wrong but doesn't the SD4 have more then 180hp

The SD4 could be any of several different configurations, some with 2 Valve pushrod heads and a single carb (like this one for sale), others with DOHC and individual throttle bodies. And there are multiple tunes of the different configurations from mild street to full race setups. Around 180-200HP sounds about right for a pushrod single carb engine, although even those can go higher. The big numbers were made with the DOHC setups shown in the above linked thread.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Messages answered.
I'll try to get a video. I'm pretty inept with posting vids, but I'll try to figure it out.

Thanks.

Edit - Edited original post to add stuff that I forgot about.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-31-2015).]

thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

$5500 isn't a bad price just for an Automoda conversion, especially with the extra reinforcements. It's like getting the SD4 for free.

$5500 is a steal for the package, but at the same time the market for such a car is tiny. You either gotta sell it for way less than it's worth to get it gone quickly, or accept it's going to take several months to sell until word reaches that one guy who wants this exact car.

The trials and tribulations of oddball car ownership!

Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:
$5500 is a steal for the package, but at the same time the market for such a car is tiny. You either gotta sell it for way less than it's worth to get it gone quickly, or accept it's going to take several months to sell until word reaches that one guy who wants this exact car.

The trials and tribulations of oddball car ownership!

Ain't that the truth. All you have to do is research what it would take to re-create it to realize you could never replicate that car for the price. That's true for most customs, but both Automoda and Super Duty parts are nearly unobtainable. Tiny supply, but also tiny demand.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True. I recognize that this is a niche within a niche.
Having said that, it's only in the way temporarily. If it doesn't sell I'll just store it.
Once I get my garage built (already have the land) I'll have plenty of room to park it. And play.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2015 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
P M S E N T
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Messages answered.

Thanks!
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending.
Thanks, everyone, for your interest.

(Thanks Chuck!)
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats to the new owner
Sadly I wasn't able to purchase it
My plans were to keep the SD4 and make copies of the convertible top
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...and the car just left, headed to its new home.

Thanks! I hope it's everything you expected. Nice meeting you and your missus.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock