88 fastback plates by Hardpact
Started on: 07-25-2015 12:48 PM
Replies: 2 (278 views)
Last post by: fgt1988 on 07-25-2015 04:10 PM
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need the plates for an 88 fastback that hold the grates up ... Workin on an 88 formula that someone had a bright idea to turn into a fastback it not done completely but I'm workin on it for a friend!! Anything would be helpful !!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the plates that you are talking about. The ones that are screwed to the rings on top of the shock towers.
I'm really surprised that nobody has reproduced these. They may not sell many, but they would be a piece of cake to manufacture.
All they are is a flat piece of metal, bent at a right angle, with the corners cut off and dressed a bit.

Having said that... the fastback grills hook in on the outside edge. There are two tabs that fit into notches on the inner quarter window frame.
There is a tab on the inside edge that will keep them in place with the decklid closed.
Kind of un-glamorous, but it should work. They might vibrate a bit, but they won't come off.

Edit - Sorry for the hijack. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-25-2015).]

fgt1988

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fgt1988Send a Private Message to fgt1988Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have the pair from an 88 gt if interested, PM me when u can and I'll send photos for you ----

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock