88 GT on Mecum, 37 miles by jc8367
Started on: 07-20-2015 02:36 PM
Replies: 13 (831 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 08-05-2015 10:46 AM
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once again it is an automatic of course... That said, it will be interesting to see what they get for it as a barometer for what ultra low mileage 88's are really worth...
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2015 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Owner probably has a 20K reserve on it.
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's an 88 GT with 2500 miles in California
http://losangeles.craigslis.../cto/5089789679.html

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

I've been watching that vehicle for what seems like a year. I expect to strike when he gets to the 12.5 territory.

[This message has been edited by ICouldaBeenAV8 (edited 07-22-2015).]

jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

I've been watching that vehicle for what seems like a year. I expect to strike when he gets the 12.5 territory.

Only a year, feels like a lifetime that thing been for sale,
ICouldaBeenAV8
From: Chatsworth, California; Clearwater, Florida, and Milwaukee, Wisc.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICouldaBeenAV8Send a Private Message to ICouldaBeenAV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jc8367:

Only a year, feels like a lifetime that thing been for sale,

AT my age, a year is possibly 1/2 a lifetime left.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Originally posted by ICouldaBeenAV8:

I've been watching that vehicle for what seems like a year. I expect to strike when he gets the 12.5 territory.

This one in Washington has For Sale almost forever.
https://www.carsforsale.com...icle/details/9179456
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2015 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before values are considered; the big question becomes who wants a 27-31 yr old near new stock economy car garage/ trailer queen? The Fiero was neither top of the line or a real sports car. It was never highly rated in the auto magazines, the performance is not exceptional, and the bad rap for the fires in the 84's all but ruined its reputation.
The Fiero is a cult classic, excellent platform for modifications but you have to buy then cheap! Sure the 88's are worth a few bucks more but the real collector Fieros are the real Indys, the one of a kind concept cars and odd custom models. Notice that the near new Fieros offered at high prices never sell..

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was volunteering pushing the cars at the auction and got to take a look at the 38 mile 88 GT. Here are some pictures of it. I saw that it got bid up to $17,000 but didn't sell.

jdeday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdedaySend a Private Message to jdedayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at the Mecum Auction on Friday and had a close look at this Fiero. Sadly I have to say that this car was not cared for over its lifetime, it was obvious to me that it spent many years in the elements, this was evident by its condition. There was many small spider web cracks in the base coat of the paint, I am not referring to the scratches is in the clear coat, these can be correct by a proper machine polishing. The dew wipes were crack on many places. The GT sail panel on the passenger side was not the original, it had been replaced with one of the first aftermarkets that were available, can't figure out why this would have been in need of replacement? The outside mirror housings and rear deck lid vents show signs of oxidation from it being exposed to the elements. Under the rear trunk you can see signs of dirt collection from water pooling and dying over the years. The interior center console has the typical warped vinyl, the gauge pod has a chunk missing from the top side facing the passenger side.

You may say that this is due to it age, I would disagree, I have owned an extremely low milage Fiero that was properly cared for during this life and it did not show any of the issues this car has. My current Fiero has non of the exterior problems, other than a few minor crazing marks in the sail panels and minor warping of the center console but not to the extent of this car.

All of items can be corrected (except the crakes in the base coat), but should one need to do this for a car that one would expect to be show room quality?

Does anyone know who the owner is, I am thinking it may be the gentlemen from Binghamton, NY that has been selling Fieros for 20+ years? I believe his first name is Thomas?

Jeff

[This message has been edited by jdeday (edited 08-03-2015).]

PFF
System Bot
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdeday:

I was at the Mecum Auction on Friday and had a close look at this Fiero. Sadly I have to say that this car was not cared for over its like time, it was obvious to me that it spent many years in the elements, this was evident by its condition. There was many small spider web cracks in the base coat of the paint, I am not referring to the scratches is in the clear coat, these can be correct by a proper machine polishing. The dew wipes were crack on many places. The GT sail panel on the passenger side was not the original, it had been replaced with one of the first aftermarkets that were available, can't figure out why this would have been in need of replacement? The outside mirror housings and rear deck lid vents show signs of oxidation from it being exposed to the elements. Under the rear trunk you can see signs of dirt collection from water pooling and dying over the years. The interior center console has the typical warped vinyl, the gauge pod has a chunk missing from the top side facing the passenger side.

You may say that this is due to it age, I would disagree, I have owned an extremely low milage Fiero that was properly cared for during this life and it did not show any of the issues this car has. My current Fiero has non of the exterior problems, other than a few minor crazing marks in the sail panels and minor warping of the center console but not to the extent of this car.

All of items can be corrected (except the crakes in the base coat), but should one need to do this for a car that one would expect to be show room quality?

Does anyone know who the owner is, I am thinking it may be the gentlemen from Binghamton, NY that has been selling Fieros for 20+ years? I believe his first name is Thomas?

Jeff

Thats a shame
Pegasus88GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2015 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pegasus88GTSend a Private Message to Pegasus88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was definitely disappointed with it. The paint was very flawed and I've seen many stock Fiero's at shows in much better condition. Really all that it had going for it is the fact that it is extremely low mileage. To be honest I'm surprised it got bid up to $17,000 for the condition it's in.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2015 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Value is in the eyes of the beholder. I wouldnt pay 1/3 of what it got to myself. To someone else it might be worth $30,000. I buy to drive cars and this one would need thousands spent to make it where Id trust driving it more than 20 miles from home. Id pay more for a nice one with 50,000 miles on it. Might be a nice buy for someone with a Pontiac museum or something similar. Not being driven is the sure way to destroy a car cheaply.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 08-05-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock