Dash speaker covers by QCMANAGER
Started on: 06-28-2015 07:41 PM
Replies: 11 (390 views)
Last post by: QCMANAGER on 07-02-2015 09:01 PM
QCMANAGER

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a set of dash speaker covers? Mine were faded and I tried to paint them with fabric spray paint and they did not come out so good.

I know that Rodney sells replacement fabric but I would be concerned about being able to recover them.

If anyone has a good set to sell, please let me know.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by QCMANAGER (edited 06-28-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To be honest, they are VERY easy to recover with contact cement and new fabric.....but you can also take off the fabric, clean off the old adhesive, and paint them to match your interior like I did:
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He's right, I did the same thing and it looks great as well. I tried the fabric thing and because I didn't spray enough glue on the grill....the fabric became loose and made the most annoying sound while the music was playing...LESS IS MORE !

[This message has been edited by Carl Calderone (edited 06-28-2015).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2015 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What color do you need? I have re-finished pairs available if interested.
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 06:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need charcoal gray to match the dash in an 85 GT. What do you mean by "refinished"?

If you have some, please email photos to gregorym@frenchcolor.com

Thanks

[This message has been edited by QCMANAGER (edited 06-29-2015).]

FieroCat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCatSend a Private Message to FieroCatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMSA GT, what color paint did you use to match the gray dash? That looks fantastic and even more updated. I will probably do that with mine also, fabric can be a pain to work with.

------------------
My Fiero: 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, V6, 4-speed manual

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2015 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroCat:

IMSA GT, what color paint did you use to match the gray dash? That looks fantastic and even more updated. I will probably do that with mine also, fabric can be a pain to work with.

My interior color is custom to match the exterior of my car. The dash is actually white.
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the topic, I am seeking a set of dash speaker covers.

Preferrably in charcoal gray to match the dash.

Thanks
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2015 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am referring to using Rodney's Dickman's replacement cloth covers. I have three "black", one tan/brown, and one camel ('88) available at present. Not sure about "charcoal" difference to black for the 85s. I know the gray interiors are lighter for the 84-86 than 87-88s. I have done four of my own Fieros (3x 88s, 1x 87) in black with no noticeable difference in color. Three are show cars with two x 10+years and one x 5+ years since the replacement. The fourth daily driver is going on 12+ years and needs to be changed again as it is starting to fade from sitting outside.

By "re-finished" I mean the old grilled back plate has been stripped of the old faded cloth cover, inspected for missing grill pieces or hold down legs, then new Rodney's replacement cloth applied using 3M spray mounting adhesive.

I will get pictures up in a few days.

Jeff
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2015 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Jeff.

If you would like to email me the pics of the black, please send to gregorym@frenchcolor.com

Thanks for the response.
anthonyelectric

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anthonyelectricSend a Private Message to anthonyelectricEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have them in grey from an 86 SE
PFF
System Bot
QCMANAGER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2015 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for QCMANAGERSend a Private Message to QCMANAGEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please email photos to gregorym@frenchcolor.com

Thanks

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock