Trueleo Intake For Sale by Riddick85
Started on: 06-10-2015 11:30 AM
Replies: 20 (2301 views)
Last post by: Riddick85 on 08-19-2015 08:42 PM
Riddick85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2015 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have my 3800SC finished so I no longer need some of my parts.

Intake is in great shape had no issues with it. Fits stock 2.8 and works with all stock parts. Any questions feel free to ask

http://i.imgur.com/fwpNlMq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RDjBcEm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZOuHn4x.jpg

$400 OBO + shipping

[This message has been edited by Riddick85 (edited 08-07-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Open to offers
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2015 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price drop

[This message has been edited by Riddick85 (edited 07-03-2015).]

Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2015 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sooooo I got my eye on a 1986 V6 Fiero for sale down the road and I also have a set of West Coast Fiero headers.
my question is, what else would I need to get if I were to buy this?? outside of a gasket, I mean.......
not sure whats all involved/needed and/or missing in the "kit" if bought direct from the Manufacture.
thanks in advance......

Daniel

PS.....hows that 3800 treating ya??
I got one too..... and totally love it

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 07-08-2015).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

sooooo I got my eye on a 1986 V6 Fiero for sale down the road and I also have a set of West Coast Fiero headers.
my question is, what else would I need to get if I were to buy this?? outside of a gasket, I mean.......
not sure whats all involved/needed and/or missing in the "kit" if bought direct from the Manufacture.
thanks in advance......

Daniel

PS.....hows that 3800 treating ya??
I got one too..... and totally love it

Dan,

You do not really need much to do the install and it should take four to six hours to actually do. There is a set (only need one but this is the only way that I could get the correct gasket) of FelPro gaskets that you need (I can look up number for you if needed) and you will need a new set of intake bolts. I have a spare set of SS Allen head bolts plus a couple of spares that are supposed to fit according to Francis and they are available for about $15 plus shipping. I also have the install instructions if you need them.

As a second thought you will also need either a TV that bolts directly to the Truleo intake or an adapter to mount your own TV.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 07-08-2015).]

Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The intake takes the place of the upper and middle intake of a 2.8. Stock fuel rail, throttle body, sensors, etc all fit. This just flows way better than stock

Edit to add: 3800 is doing fantastic. Got like 2000 miles on it. Just picked up a gen v supercharger for it that will go on it soon

[This message has been edited by Riddick85 (edited 07-08-2015).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2015 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

You do not really need much to do the install ...

Second this. I installed a Trueleo a couple of years back. It's really well thought out.
I've installed Edelbrock and Holley (or Carter) combinations on various engines that were much more involved than this.

What took most of my time was retrieving a bolt that I dropped down one of the lower intake ports.
Thank goodness for my "magnet-on-a-stick".
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post07-09-2015 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did these go for new?
I'm guessing this was a hobby persons item not a business, or has this one been reworked? as the welds,
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They were a business, albiet a small business. They sold for ~$600-700, new, IIRC.
The welds were always there. Later on, they used mandrel 90* elbows in the neck, instead of fabricated ones. Looked a bit nicer, but still flowed well.
They sold fabricated headers, too. The only thing I've seen that looked like they flowed as much were FOCOA headers.
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2015 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had asked Francis about a year ago how many intakes he made, he thought it was around 70. the headers were less, he made about 35 sets. He advertised on his site something like $1,000-$1,100 for a intake and exhaust when bought at the same time.
PFF
System Bot
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2015 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2015 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top
oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2015 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is trueleo still available? whats the best price you can stand?
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2015 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2015 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent!
Gambit

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GambitSend a Private Message to GambitEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats up with truleo? Nobody wants them anymore? I paid 700 bucks last year on eBay!!
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2015 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems not. I thought it would sell in the first day or two but that didnt happen
oldsoandso

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2015 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsoandsoSend a Private Message to oldsoandsoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so id it finally sell?
Riddick85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riddick85Send a Private Message to Riddick85Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it sold.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock