Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  86 Fiero GT for sale, $5500, 91K, New Long Block at 86K, New Paint, exhaust

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
86 Fiero GT for sale, $5500, 91K, New Long Block at 86K, New Paint, exhaust by jwalker
Started on: 05-04-2015 08:51 PM
Replies: 7 (429 views)
Last post by: jwalker on 05-09-2015 10:06 PM
jwalker

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2015 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwalkerSend a Private Message to jwalkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Newer Tires and Brakes, Runs Great. Things I still need to fix: drivers door lock, horn, alt belt (have to rev it to grab )
I'd appreciate any constructive feedback on wether this is a reasonable price, or whether I'm under or over, it defintely gets looks, looks and runs great.

[This message has been edited by jwalker (edited 05-04-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tjthorson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tjthorsonClick Here to visit tjthorson's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjthorsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, I don't believe you will sell it at anywhere near that price. I owned a car, very similar, for 81000 miles. Original white paint, new stainless brake lines and some other upgrades. I sold for $2500, and that was a struggle to find that price. Truth be told - true "fiero" people know that these cars are cheap to get into - cheap to repair - and unfortunately cheap to get out of. If the paint is as clean as it seems, and the seats, carpet, and dash corners are clean with no rips, and the trunk still looks new, you *might* get 3K - but I bet you will be around $2500.

I bought my current Fiero - 86 GT, original red, rusted oil pan, but otherwise runs and drives great, with only 61K on the clock for $1200. Sorry man - Ive had 8 Fieros, never spent much to get them - and never got much selling - but always fun little cars. Good luck with your sale.

------------------
Todd Thorson
Current Fiero - NONE!
http://www.toddsplace.com

jwalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwalkerSend a Private Message to jwalkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Thanks for the feedback. Well that might be a good reason to keep it. Yeah, the interior looks good, except when my son used it to a gig and messed up the dash near the passenger side vent. Problem is, I'm running out of room. If I could only get it in the attic.

[This message has been edited by jwalker (edited 05-05-2015).]

lorennerol

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2015 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lorennerolSend a Private Message to lorennerolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't consider myself an expert on Fiero prices, but I did just pay for a panel-off paint job and recently bought a spare set of GT tail lights. Between those two things alone, I shelled out more than your $5500 price.

So, if the tail lights are free of serious delam and the paint job is good (as it appears to be) and the rest of it is pretty clean, I don't see any reason that the car isn't worth $5500.

I am certainly biased, but I think clean, well-maintained Fieros are a pleasure to drive and I'm surprised at how little they tend sell for. I am, however, encouraged by the completed eBay sales I just perused- a whole bunch didn't meet reserve and so didn't sell- good for the owners for helping keep prices up.

Remember, you don't need a plurality of people to believe that your car is worth the number for which you want to sell it...just one interested buyer.
jwalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwalkerSend a Private Message to jwalkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks lorennerol, That's what I was thinking too. I have a lot of respect for PFF and it's users and figured my absolute low-end ball park figure would come from here, but I've recently looked at the $5-6k cars on the used car lots and I truly believe my GT is a better deal than most of them -plus much more fun to drive (except in the winter).
jwalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwalkerSend a Private Message to jwalkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jwalker

194 posts
Member since Jun 2009
Just fixed the horn. I had the pin in backwards. Mark another one up to this forum. Found a post with a pic and it was clear as day. I had replaced the cover on the steering wheel (took it off).
pgackeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2015 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgackemanSend a Private Message to pgackemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Manual or auto?
Most likely $2.5K to just under $5K. But I'm in Georgia, well outside your Craigslist area.
The paint looks great.
Any shots of the inside?
jwalker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2015 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwalkerSend a Private Message to jwalkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
auto. I'm going to post a link to YouTube soon.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock