Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Brake brackets for sale, C4 rotors on your 88 (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Brake brackets for sale, C4 rotors on your 88 by sluppy123
Started on: 04-21-2015 03:04 PM
Replies: 126 (7081 views)
Last post by: sluppy123 on 08-06-2022 08:39 PM
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2021 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had several issues with the brackets. First the paint is in the bracket mount hole and the caliper threaded hole. There was so much paint I had to ream out the mounting holes to get the bolts to pass thru. I also had to tap out the threaded holes so the caliper mounting bolts would go in. I also had the lower control arm issue but it was with the outboard end not the leading edge. Hope to get the car back on the road after I modify the control arms and re-assemble. By the way these parts have been sitting in my garage for 4+ years waiting for me to get to the mod. These are the aluminum brackets.

Rolland

[This message has been edited by 87convert (edited 06-13-2021).]

IP: Logged
sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2021 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87convert:

I had several issues with the brackets. First the paint is in the bracket mount hole and the caliper threaded hole. There was so much paint I had to ream out the mounting holes to get the bolts to pass thru. I also had to tap out the threaded holes so the caliper mounting bolts would go in. I also had the lower control arm issue but it was with the outboard end not the leading edge. Hope to get the car back on the road after I modify the control arms and re-assemble. By the way these parts have been sitting in my garage for 4+ years waiting for me to get to the mod. These are the aluminum brackets.

Rolland

Thanks for the review, sorry you had to remove some powder coat from the holes. My current practice is to ream and tap the holes after powder coat. These are still available and I still well 3-4 sets a month.
Larry Hubbert

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2021 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry HubbertSend a Private Message to Larry HubbertEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent. Thanks.
RandomTask

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2021 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill take a set in a month or so after I get caught up in everything else I have to get done.
coolink13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2021 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for coolink13Send a Private Message to coolink13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have brackets that work with C5 13 inch rotors and wildwood calipers for the front of a 1988? I have sent a pm a few weeks ago .
mannydatsun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2022 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mannydatsunSend a Private Message to mannydatsunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sluppy123:

These brackets are for 88 fieros. Use the stock calipers and C4 rotors front and rear. You will need the 88-95 front rotors from the corvette. These brackets rotate the caliper up so there are no problems when making a tight turn. 7075 Aluminum, powder coated black. Includes 4 centering rings and 2 left and 2 right brackets along with the required bolts. Also on some cars the lower control arm my rub the rotor, a little work with an angle grinder will fix this.  

$225 shipped

Do you still sell the front brake kit from the c4 Corvette for the 88 fiero?

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2022 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mannydatsun:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sluppy123:

These brackets are for 88 fieros. Use the stock calipers and C4 rotors front and rear. You will need the 88-95 front rotors from the corvette. These brackets rotate the caliper up so there are no problems when making a tight turn. 7075 Aluminum, powder coated black. Includes 4 centering rings and 2 left and 2 right brackets along with the required bolts. Also on some cars the lower control arm my rub the rotor, a little work with an angle grinder will fix this.  

Yes, I still sell those. Send me a pm if interested.
$225 shipped

Do you still sell the front brake kit from the c4 Corvette for the 88 fiero?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock