Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  SS Braided Fuel Lines - How nice would you like your's to be?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
SS Braided Fuel Lines - How nice would you like your's to be? by 2002z28ssconv
Started on: 01-25-2015 11:35 AM
Replies: 1 (638 views)
Last post by: FIEROSMIGLA on 01-25-2015 10:36 PM
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 unmodified sets of the fuel lines from 96 Transport vans that people like to use for engine swaps. They are 19 years old (like all of them) so no warranty and if the hoses start leaking 2 months from now, please don't blame me.
I will throw in one of the compression fittings (3/8") that are needed but you'll still need the 5/16" fitting. They're available for a couple bucks at hardware stores, auto part stores, etc...
The going price seems to be $50 shipped to Continental US.

I have one more set that I have been using on my own [88 / 5 speed Getrag / 3800SC2 / stock GTP exhaust manifold] Fiero for the past few years . They work flawlessly, look good and have never leaked. I'll send you the entire setup that will screw into the stock fuel filter if you want it. The only thing you should know is that I relocated my fuel filter to the driver's side of the car so that the coil packs could go where the stock filter used to be. Relocating the filter was easy. The stock line between the pump assembly and the filter is just flipped from right to left. I can send instructions with pictures if you need them, but you shouldn't. It was easy. I also modified my stock GTP fuel rail with a tubing bender so that the quick disconnect fittings point toward the stock Fiero air filter location. I doubt they will reach the fuel rail if you have an unmodified rail with the filter in the stock location. I'll sell these for $75 shipped.

So why am I changing? Because I am now making new fuel lines from scratch.
Details...
All brand name AN fittings with the correct 37 degree flares on the hard lines.
3/8 & 5/16 quick disconnect fittings for connecting to the factory GM fuel rails. There are two styles available. One just clicks on (pictured below). The style I have decided to use still slide on but there's no "click" mechanism. There's a retaining cap that screws on from the back side. They are both the same price and I will use whichever one you want but I read that the plastic clips can get brittle over time and break. That's the only reason I changed to this type.
Colors - Blue, Red, Black and Chrome. Unfortunately the quick disconnects are only available in blue or black. I used all black before but now I only use the black ones at the fuel rail, then the chrome ones everywhere else. I can change them to whatever colors you desire as long as they make them.
The hose material:
Stainless steel braided exterior
Synthetic rubber inner liner that's compatible with all hydrocarbon & alcohol-based fuels, lubricants & additives
NHRA approved
3/8" ID - 9/16" OD
Hard Lines:
3/8" steel line (both return and feed lines)
Custom bent to connect to the stock filter in the stock location
On the stock Fiero lines, there's a metal clip that secures the fuel lines to the chassis. Reuse this clip for the new lines.
Where the stock lines get routed toward the frame rail under the battery, mine are directed AWAY from moving parts, toward the center of the car and straight up along the firewall where they are attached to the flexible braided section. I made these to fit around WCF 3800 headers so you shouldn't have any issues with any exhaust setup you run.
The return line is also included and will connect directly to the same 5/16" hose that the stock line connected to, in the same location.
These are plug and play fuel lines that run from the tank/filter all the way to the fuel rail.
My tubing flare tool is top of the line and I am using name brand components that cost me almost $150 for each set. So I apologize for not competing with the $50 options. I am going to start offering these for $250 plus shipping but for the first 10 sets (just so others can see some feedback if they're on the fence) I will send a set to your door for $200. I have invested a lot of time and money buying tools and materials to develop these and they still take a couple hours to build a set so I really don't think the price is unreasonable. If you disagree, buy some tools and make a set. You'll see what I mean. I have about a mile of bent up tubing laying around here.
AN fittings are reusable. If you ever need to modify your lines, reuse the fittings.
If you need shorter or longer fuel hoses, no problem. Add $9 per extra foot ($4.50 for each line)
As nice as these are, they are not DOT approved and it will be the buyers responsibility to verify that they don't leak. The ones I have done so far, never leaked a drop. When I used the Transport lines, the compression fittings had to be fiddled with at first because they leaked a little bit.

These are pictures of my prototype I made for my own car.

This is the set I just installed on the newest member of our Central Florida 3800 Fiero family. The owner liked them so much he bought another 3800SC2 for his other Fiero, started another swap and already ordered another set of fuel lines. Maybe I shouldn't take credit for ALL of that...

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 01-25-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2002z28ssconv:

I have 2 unmodified sets of the fuel lines from 96 Transport vans that people like to use for engine swaps. They are 19 years old (like all of them) so no warranty and if the hoses start leaking 2 months from now, please don't blame me.
I will throw in one of the compression fittings (3/8") that are needed but you'll still need the 5/16" fitting. They're available for a couple bucks at hardware stores, auto part stores, etc...
The going price seems to be $50 shipped to Continental US.

I have one more set that I have been using on my own [88 / 5 speed Getrag / 3800SC2 / stock GTP exhaust manifold] Fiero for the past few years . They work flawlessly, look good and have never leaked. I'll send you the entire setup that will screw into the stock fuel filter if you want it. The only thing you should know is that I relocated my fuel filter to the driver's side of the car so that the coil packs could go where the stock filter used to be. Relocating the filter was easy. The stock line between the pump assembly and the filter is just flipped from right to left. I can send instructions with pictures if you need them, but you shouldn't. It was easy. I also modified my stock GTP fuel rail with a tubing bender so that the quick disconnect fittings point toward the stock Fiero air filter location. I doubt they will reach the fuel rail if you have an unmodified rail with the filter in the stock location. I'll sell these for $75 shipped.

So why am I changing? Because I am now making new fuel lines from scratch.
Details...
All brand name AN fittings with the correct 37 degree flares on the hard lines.
3/8 & 5/16 quick disconnect fittings for connecting to the factory GM fuel rails. There are two styles available. One just clicks on (pictured below). The style I have decided to use still slide on but there's no "click" mechanism. There's a retaining cap that screws on from the back side. They are both the same price and I will use whichever one you want but I read that the plastic clips can get brittle over time and break. That's the only reason I changed to this type.
Colors - Blue, Red, Black and Chrome. Unfortunately the quick disconnects are only available in blue or black. I used all black before but now I only use the black ones at the fuel rail, then the chrome ones everywhere else. I can change them to whatever colors you desire as long as they make them.
The hose material:
Stainless steel braided exterior
Synthetic rubber inner liner that's compatible with all hydrocarbon & alcohol-based fuels, lubricants & additives
NHRA approved
3/8" ID - 9/16" OD
Hard Lines:
3/8" steel line (both return and feed lines)
Custom bent to connect to the stock filter in the stock location
On the stock Fiero lines, there's a metal clip that secures the fuel lines to the chassis. Reuse this clip for the new lines.
Where the stock lines get routed toward the frame rail under the battery, mine are directed AWAY from moving parts, toward the center of the car and straight up along the firewall where they are attached to the flexible braided section. I made these to fit around WCF 3800 headers so you shouldn't have any issues with any exhaust setup you run.
The return line is also included and will connect directly to the same 5/16" hose that the stock line connected to, in the same location.
These are plug and play fuel lines that run from the tank/filter all the way to the fuel rail.
My tubing flare tool is top of the line and I am using name brand components that cost me almost $150 for each set. So I apologize for not competing with the $50 options. I am going to start offering these for $250 plus shipping but for the first 10 sets (just so others can see some feedback if they're on the fence) I will send a set to your door for $200. I have invested a lot of time and money buying tools and materials to develop these and they still take a couple hours to build a set so I really don't think the price is unreasonable. If you disagree, buy some tools and make a set. You'll see what I mean. I have about a mile of bent up tubing laying around here.
AN fittings are reusable. If you ever need to modify your lines, reuse the fittings.
If you need shorter or longer fuel hoses, no problem. Add $9 per extra foot ($4.50 for each line)
As nice as these are, they are not DOT approved and it will be the buyers responsibility to verify that they don't leak. The ones I have done so far, never leaked a drop. When I used the Transport lines, the compression fittings had to be fiddled with at first because they leaked a little bit.

These are pictures of my prototype I made for my own car.

This is the set I just installed on the newest member of our Central Florida 3800 Fiero family. The owner liked them so much he bought another 3800SC2 for his other Fiero, started another swap and already ordered another set of fuel lines. Maybe I shouldn't take credit for ALL of that...

LOL you should take credit very nice work , the AC hoses and fuel lines were a big concern for me this is top notch work a few of my buddies stopped to look at the car they were very impressed at your work

------------------
1987 FIERO GT BLACK CHOP 3.8 SWAP IN PROGRESS
1988 FIERO GT BLACK 5spd
1987 FIERO GT PEARL WHITE CHOP IN PROGRESS
My build thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/082162.html
2002 Trans Am Ram Air 5000 miles
2014 Corvette Stingray
2007 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR
2013 Mercedes C Class

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic