3800 SC swap parts NEEDED by Adjustso3
Started on: 01-24-2015 07:52 PM
Replies: 5 (263 views)
Last post by: Fierorog on 01-25-2015 07:05 PM
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone. I'm going to start a 3800SC swap into my 1987 GT 5 speed this spring. I have the car, engine, Rodney Dickman cradle mounts and the 3800 to Fiero engine mount bracket. I'm in need of all the other parts. I do want to have cruise control and air conditioning. If you have something that I'm gonna need let me know. Parts will need to be shipped to 14043. Thanks for your time.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2015 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If staying with the 5 speed then you reuse the stock mounts and axles and you already have the engine mount. You will need a good dog bone set up and a harness and programmed PCM. There is a few who sell swap harnesses and do program PCM's
or you can make your own harness

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. Are you still doing the harnesses ? You have been recommended by another member here. I did PM you once before but didn't hear back from you. Yes I am staying with the Getrag. Gonna need a flywheel and clutch setup. Any recommendations would be great. Once again, thanks for your time.
Spalding1028

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have digital cruise modules for sale to upgrade from the vacuum ran cruise control. Works great with the 3800sc and the best time to do the upgrade is when you've already got your wiring torn apart. With shipping you'll be looking at $57. Comes with the correct cable to attach to the 3800sc throttle body, connector with about a 6" pigtail and the bracket that you can modify to mount it in place of the coffee can
Spalding1028

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spalding1028Send a Private Message to Spalding1028Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spalding1028

104 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Also, if you need a flywheel or dogbone mount/low alt mount/tensioner, I'd recommend going with Fierorog's setup //www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin...orum=4&thread=068855 along with a spec 3+ clutch. I'm currently running that setup (did my own wiring) and it's been running great since I got it all put together since april last year. The 3+ is a tad grabby, but I've been in love with it since I got it broken in.
Fierorog

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierorogSend a Private Message to FierorogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The flywheel, motor mount, and a few other parts I can help you with. Fieroflyer makes the bast harness. Shoot me an email or give me a call.
Thanks, Roger
Cell 319-939-1285

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock