Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  Quad 4 powered 1988 fiero for sale in ohio.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Quad 4 powered 1988 fiero for sale in ohio. by Darkmage
Started on: 01-20-2015 12:16 AM
Replies: 11 (1053 views)
Last post by: Quad Raider on 01-25-2015 10:39 PM
Darkmage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkmageSend a Private Message to DarkmageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already have the post up on craigslist.
http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4784236990.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1988 Pontiac Fiero. Price just dropped to $2500

Plethora of extra parts, including hard to find front hubs and a 2nd full set of wheels and tires. Also hand drawn wiring diagrams of everything modified, along with factory diagrams.

Originally bought and built in California. Drove to Ohio 4 years ago and haven't really been able to use it how I feel it should be driven. Hoping someone will appreciate the hard work put into it and hope that you will be as happy as I once was with it. My only further plans was to swap out for a fully built w-41 or HG2 or turbo setup.... but.... Times are different now, I'm looking at the future and it's with my family, not in my garage.

(All parts and mods are 4 years / 10,000 miles ago)
(There is no "kit" so most of the parts needed for the swap were made by me, or sublet to a local machine shop)

The Good:
Springs/Coilovers - West Coast Fiero kit, front/rear ($350)
Poly bushings - West Coast Fiero kit, front/rear ($124)
Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends, and Rebuilt Rack and Pinion.
Front and rear brakes, new calipers/rotors/pads.
1989 LO Quad 4 Engine, rebuilt by me, with 1993 internal slave manual trans.
Modified/reworked frame with poly bushing custom motor mounts
Rodney Dickman transmission adapt kit, with new shift/select cables ($300)
Rebuilt Headlamp motors, both work flawlessly.
Relocated battery to front compartment on flipped over spare tire.
Completely stripped and reworked engine harness to connect at C315/C500
(no extra wires and no useless ends, all wrapped and constructed by me.)
Rear section of clutch line replaced to adapt to internal Getrag slave.
Custom Bracket for Throttle cable
Custom coolant hose outlet to fit Fiero axle.
Im sure there is plenty more... All in all, if it came off the car, i rebuilt/replaced or upgraded it in the past 3 years. It would make a sublime weekend/project car. I have driven it to and from work for the past year, so its reliable as well.

The Bad:
A/C doesn't work... (surely you didn't expect me to have working a/c in a track car, did you? but if you wanted it, a custom hose from the a/c compressor to the aluminum hoses would make the system work)

Radio is there, but no speakers left. (again, built as a track car, I never turned it on anyway)

Fuel Level sensor barely works, reads 1/2 tank when empty, and well past full most of the other time. Low priority for me since I just used the odometer.

Horn Doesn't work, interior has been all but completely removed. No carpet.

Primer black spray can paint, unless your into that sort of thing, like me.

I hope the person that is looking into buying this car is someone who will give it the "drive it hard and put it away wet" kind of way. Its fully meant to be a weekend warrior, or track car. This IS NOT the car for your teenage daughter. Any questions feel free to call or text.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, wish I could afford this.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2015 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad Raider:

Man, wish I could afford this.

I can afford it... but I wish it was closer.

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I can afford it... but I wish it was closer.

But a trip across the northern US in a Quad-powered '88 Fiero would be the trip of a lifetime.
Squishyxout

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyxoutSend a Private Message to SquishyxoutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But a trip across the northern US in a Quad-powered '88 Fiero would be the trip of a lifetime.

The man has a point... (unless of course you're not a man, and in that instance I apologize) XD
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No reflection on this car... but I'd be leery of travelling in a brand new car (which I'd never driven before) that distance (2500 miles), let alone in a 27 year old car with a custom engine swap.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 01-21-2015).]

thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bah, what's the worst that can happen? Call a tow truck?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2015 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:

Bah, what's the worst that can happen? Call a tow truck?

To pull it out of a canyon after it loses a wheel?

Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2015 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

No reflection on this car... but I'd be leery of travelling in a brand new car (which I'd never driven before) that distance (2500 miles), let alone in a 27 year old car with a custom engine swap.

That's part of what would make it the trip of a lifetime. Seriously, though, everyone should be able to tell from the ad that this is a solid car. If I had the cash I'd snatch it up, but I'm biased in favor of Quads (and broke).

[This message has been edited by Quad Raider (edited 01-22-2015).]

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2015 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I kind of like the Quads also lol
Darkmage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkmageSend a Private Message to DarkmageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trust me i know. Two weeks after i completed the engine swap, i drove this car 2500 miles from California to Ohio. It was really fun driving across the great state of Wyoming. I was able to find the rev limiter in 5th gear several times. The car was a big part of my life for almost 10 years.

I traded it today for a motorcycle. At first I didn't want anything to do with the motorcycle, but talking to the guy, he was excited as i was 10 years ago when i first bought it. His eyes lit up and smile was ear to ear. I'm glad it went to a fellow enthusiast, it makes it alot easier to let go.

It was very strange driving away from the guys house and leaving my car there. I had many many great memories of me driving. All in all, i had my fun with it, and as bittersweet as it goes, I'm glad to finally close that chapter of my life. Thanks everyone in the fiero community, and at quad4forums.com, for the past ten years of fun. I'm going to miss it all.
PFF
System Bot
Quad Raider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad RaiderSend a Private Message to Quad RaiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Take care, Darkmage. I understand what it's like to part with a beloved car. I miss my quasar blue GTZ something fierce.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock