2000 Lambo Diablo Kit Car (NOT MINE) by DKcustoms
Started on: 12-27-2014 09:47 AM
Replies: 15 (614 views)
Last post by: Lambo nut on 01-02-2015 10:28 AM
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found this story on GMAuthority

and this is the corresponding link

All that time and money, and it still has the Fiero HVAC controls...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my 88 Mera I converted everything to the black 84 stuff. HVAC unit. Headlight switches etc. One could at least switch to a all black 84 HVAC control unit. Would look better. I even have a new in the box 84 HVAC unit. Would be good for that car. Or change mine out and sell him my old one that is very new looking yet.

Rodney

1988 Mera

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dunno about the car but that writer sounds like a real conceited ass to me. What a jackhole LOL. Beautiful car and very well executed build it seems.

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

Pete Matos
A&N Precision Machine
CNC Machining and prototyping
Maryville, Tennessee

[This message has been edited by Pete Matos (edited 12-27-2014).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2014 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't care for EGOs or Attitudes, but that is one of the nicest Diablo replicas...well done.
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

All that time and money, and it still has the Fiero HVAC controls...

What controls do you use in the ones you build?
Just curious.

Kevin
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

What controls do you use in the ones you build?
Just curious.

Kevin

You seem a little offended lols

My point being, if you're going to spend $X to make your non-lambo look like a lambo, why not go all the way?
this thing looks the part without the hood up and 99% of the interior. The HVAC controls ruin in.

Don't take it so personal, Mr. Fauxlambo
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My point being, if you're going to spend $X to make your non-lambo look like a lambo, why not go all the way?
this thing looks the part without the hood up and 99% of the interior. The HVAC controls ruin in.

I ask to find what other options are available. Do you know?

Kevin
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2014 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

Don't take it so personal, Mr. Fauxlambo

Oh, and FUX you.

Kevin
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2015 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rears of the cars look like they have a different zip code than the portion from the cockpit forward.
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I ask to find what other options are available. Do you know?

Kevin

Oh, and FUX you.

Kevin

Grow up dude, you're blowing this way out of hand taking it so personally.

My original point still being, the owner went 99% of the way cosmetically to make it look like a real Diablo, but neglected the heating and air conditioning.
I can't say I know what other options there would be for the HVAC, but that's not my point.

If you had come in respectfully, like an adult, and stated that there are limited options in this area, seeing how you are indeed Mr. Fauxlambo, maybe someone would have taken you seriously and understood why the stock Fiero controls were used.
But instead you came in like the guy your ratings suggest you are, and lost the respect of someone who had no prior contact with you.

Don't take it so personal dude, no one was attacking you.
Take a Xanax or 5

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 01-01-2015).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Grow up dude, you're blowing this way out of hand taking it so personally.

My original point still being, the owner went 99% of the way cosmetically to make it look like a real Diablo, but neglected the heating and air conditioning.
I can't say I know what other options there would be for the HVAC, but that's not my point.

If you had come in respectfully, like an adult, and stated that there are limited options in this area, seeing how you are indeed Mr. Fauxlambo, maybe someone would have taken you seriously and understood why the stock Fiero controls were used.
But instead you came in like the guy your ratings suggest you are, and lost the respect of someone who had no prior contact with you.

Don't take it so personal dude, no one was attacking you.
Take a Xanax or 5

Your final line in your first post was condescending and you know it. You started the personal attack with the Fauxlambo crap.
My problem is pricks like you that seem to have plenty of time to find and cut down other peoples builds. I assume you do this because you can't do so there for you make yourself feel better by knocking what others do when you probably don't have the ability to even realize what it takes to build one of these cars. To be fair, you are not the only one on this forum that has done this. Some of the same guys that probably couldn't even change their own oil have slammed others accomplishments. Must be fun for some.

I said before and will say it again, Fux you!

Kevin
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's good to see the new year if off to a kinder and more tolerant tone here on the PFF! Everybody ---Chill out....,
DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your final line in your first post was condescending and you know it. You started the personal attack with the Fauxlambo crap.
My problem is pricks like you that seem to have plenty of time to find and cut down other peoples builds. I assume you do this because you can't do so there for you make yourself feel better by knocking what others do when you probably don't have the ability to even realize what it takes to build one of these cars. To be fair, you are not the only one on this forum that has done this. Some of the same guys that probably couldn't even change their own oil have slammed others accomplishments. Must be fun for some.

I said before and will say it again, Fux you!

Kevin

Haha I actually think that this "lambo" build is quite beautiful.
I think the Diablo is a beautiful car, and someone being able to replicate it is quite the skill.

However, I think that kit cars and trying to make people think you own a lamborghini when in fact it is just a rebodied pontiac is trashy and hilarious.
You can't afford a real lambo so you make a fake one and try to fool people.
I wasn't "cutting down" the build at all, I just think its a tragedy that the only thing left cosmetically from the fiero is the HVAC controls, it makes it a dead-giveaway that its not a real lambo.

I can respect any decent builds, the talent that goes into these builds is extreme.
I am in the middle of restoring my own Fiero, but again, trying to make people believe you have a real lambo is hilarious, so have fun with your butthurt.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 01-01-2015).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2015 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Riceburners HVAC controller looks great but not sure if he is building anymore , I wish I had not sold mine.

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a---sold
Northstar Rebuild

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

Riceburners HVAC controller looks great but not sure if he is building anymore , I wish I had not sold mine.

I agree, they look awesome! It appears he has not made them for some time now. Wish I had bought one when the gettin' was good.
There was a guy at one time making flip down covers that looked just like the earlier Countach controls that you could put over your Fiero or other controls, but they don't produce them any more either. I have not seen anything available for some time now, so plan on sticking with my Fiero controls. Not that I'M trying to fool anybody with my car, 90 plus percent of anybody that sees it around here won't know the difference with the Fiero controls or other things I use.

Kevin

[This message has been edited by Lambo nut (edited 01-02-2015).]

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2015 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lambo nut

4442 posts
Member since Sep 2003

However, I think that kit cars and trying to make people think you own a lamborghini when in fact it is just a rebodied pontiac is trashy and hilarious.

I don't see where he or anybody else was trying to make anybody think anything. That all seems to be in your head.

I just think its a tragedy that the only thing left cosmetically from the fiero is the HVAC controls, it makes it a dead-giveaway that its not a real lambo.

There you go trying to "think". Not like the V8 gives anything away. Why not piss all over that flaw too? Really, you need to get a life.

Kevin

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock