1988 Fiero 3800 Supercharged For Sale by monroy261
Started on: 12-17-2014 02:59 PM
Replies: 17 (2159 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 01-19-2015 02:35 AM
monroy261

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2014 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for monroy261Send a Private Message to monroy261Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is the new post 12/28/14

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4823099754.html

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD 1/29/15

[This message has been edited by monroy261 (edited 01-29-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it running fine? Any issues with the motor that still need to be sorted out?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2014 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

Is it running fine? Any issues with the motor that still need to be sorted out?

From what I know from talking to owner..Wiring issues on engine side, tank needs cleaned from sitting along with a fuel pump....Sure there will be more little issues that pop up once the others r sorted..
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought this was strange...

gt40 pictured NOT FOR SALE DONT ASK

Then why post the picture in the ad?
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good price for an 88 formula with gold lace wheels. The swap is a bonus.
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

+1

When I first read the listing, I missed the fact that the kit wasn't actually part of what was for sell. So my initial thought was it's too good to be true that someone was getting the good condition GT40 body AND 3800 swap almost completed w/ quality parts for $2.5k and there not be a "I was actually born male"-level surprise on the back-end.

That being said, it's could be a REALLY good deal for someone in the SW.

[This message has been edited by akademikjeanius (edited 12-20-2014).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Probably to show that the panels where swapped from one body to the other. He bought the TTOP Formula from friend to swap his GT40 on. He wanted a Ttop, 5 speed, good running body to swap the GT40 on. It was on the 3800 Formula but the swap had issues and he decided he wanted to go LS in the GT40. The price for what u r getting is not bad but being in 100 pieces will run most ppl off..I am tempted.
Lancer-AM

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lancer-AMSend a Private Message to Lancer-AMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I went and looked at it today. It is a clean car and I believe that everything is there. The car is pretty rust free. It is going to be a great project for someone. Unfortunately I am looking to buy my first Fiero so there is a bit much to do and I would be in over my head. For someone that knows where all the bits go, this is a solid deal.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it weren't for the 3800 swap issues. I'd go 4 it.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Attention... that's pretty much it... when I was trying to sell my citation I accidently had a pic of my mera in it as well and everyone was trying to buy that instead of the citation.

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 05:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

That's an easy fix. ..
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2014 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know its off topic of the car that is for sale, but

that GT40 body kit just looks absolutely terrible.

Who in their right mind would actually believe that to be a real GT40?
So many issues, I don't even know where to start.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

That's an easy fix. ..

4 U, but not so much 4 for me.

I went back to look at the pics and the Exhaust is actually in the trunk. I mean in the trunk liberally and NOT under a cut out trunk. WTH.

It seems like there is a LOT more work needed to finish this thing. However, I'd still take it off his hands for $1200...LOL

It's Christmas time of the season so I'm to send a email right now.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow it's down to $2,500 I thought it looked like a good deal at $3,000. It's probably a good thing that I don't have the extra money and he is so far away.

Originally posted by nosrac:

As far as swap issues is it just the tank needing dropped? That doesn't seem like a big deal. A little strange how the exhaust is IN the trunk.

[This message has been edited by zmcdonal (edited 12-23-2014).]

monroy261

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for monroy261Send a Private Message to monroy261Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey sorry i have not responded been busy with the holidays

As MstangsBware noted i wanted a 5speed getrag and was planing to do a ls2 swap on the fiero for sale but i found his buddys TTOP 5speed and couldnt pass up the deal and instead of tearing apart a perfectly good fiero i just did the fiberglass swap.

AS FOR THE EXHAUST IN THE TRUNK LOL ITS NOT i just did swapped custom exhaust from the 3800 to the ttop whats in the trunk is just the peices that were left over inacse anyone wants to weld them in its a custom muffler sounds good

Also Lancer-AM came and checked out the car all the pieces are there even jacked up the car so he could look for rust cool guy here are some questions he had incase anyone has the same

All the Gauges are working but it looks to be ideling a little high because of the swap ( when we hooked up the computer to it the idle is fine just appears high on the gauge ) and speedo is 5mph higher also maybe due to bigger tires i had on there

( I will supply you with extra gauges as well incase you want to fidle with them )

Aside from cleaning out the tank and replacing the battery, is there anything else mechanically that needs to be addressed?

Not that i recall but i would do a tune up on it, the spark plugs are pretty new maybe check the gap on them but nothing major. the fuel pump has a lifetime warranty as well as the fuel pressure regulator from oreily
all you need is my # i would change the filter on the fuel pump after you clean it out i may have a extra one laying around if i find it you can have it. Also change the inline fuel filter also has a lifetime warranty from advanced auto parts this will be a Fiero part not a 3800sc

Any electrical gremlins that will need to be be sorted?
if possible i would get a new wiring harness ive seen them modded for a fiero online for $150-$250
if you want. but on the video i went 1 by 1 to check them to see where the problem was its no big deal but if i had the money id do it but since i didnt had to do it the inconvenient way

The tires currently on there, is it time for them to be replaced?
Tires are brand new lots of thread all 4

The electric headlights still work?
i had fixed headlights on it but will supply you with both (left right) light assemblys with motor lense and lights just need to be plugged in if you want when you come we can wire them up so u can see them work.

***UPDATE (INTERIOR HAS BEEN PUT TOGETHER) I WILL BE PUTTING THE CAR BACK TOGETHER HERE AND THERE IF I HAVE FREE TIME AND UPDATING THE IMAGES ON CRAIGSLIST AS I GO THE MORE TIME I PUT INTO THE PROJECT THE LESS IM WILLING TO ACCEPT LOWER OFFERS AND I MAY RAISE THE PRICE*****

NEW POSTING 12/28/14

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4823099754.html

[This message has been edited by monroy261 (edited 12-28-2014).]

monroy261

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2014 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for monroy261Send a Private Message to monroy261Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

monroy261

21 posts
Member since Nov 2014
Update* Just got the doors on pics on craigslist

[This message has been edited by monroy261 (edited 12-23-2014).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2015 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a private message.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2015 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

don't even bother... there was a huge fight on facebook about this.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock