Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  1987 Fiero GT For Sale 5-sp, MINT, unmolested!

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
1987 Fiero GT For Sale 5-sp, MINT, unmolested! by phantaztix
Started on: 09-27-2014 07:53 AM
Replies: 0 (375 views)
Last post by: phantaztix on 09-27-2014 07:53 AM
phantaztix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2014 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phantaztixSend a Private Message to phantaztixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am selling my beautiful 1987 Pontiac Fiero GT. I've owned this car for about a year, but due to being unemployed I'm forced to sell it.

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
2.8l V6
5-speed manual
A/C
P/L
P/W
P/M
Sunroof
AM/FM/DVD/Bluetooth/7" Touchscreen
110,700 miles
Clean CA title

I purchased this car from a dealer last year. There was only one original owner prior to the dealer and myself. The majority of miles were put on during the first 10 years of life, after that it was stored and driven only a couple of thousand miles a year. It has a clean carfax.

The car was repainted sometime recently, matching the original paint scheme. I would rate the paint at an 8.5/10. There are a couple of minor scuffs and tiny scratches. Even the underside of the hood (bonnet) and trunk (engine) deck lids were repainted black.

As for maintenance and upgrades:
*New brakes, including new rear calipers.
*Rodney Dickman Competition Short-Throw shifter (I will include the original with the car). SHOWN IN 2nd INTERIOR IMAGE.
*New EGR valve.
*7" flip-out motorized DVD player with Bluetooth (works very well), with rear camera input (no camera). SHOWN IN 2nd INTERIOR IMAGE. I have the original radio if you wish to have it. But it barely worked, which is why I replaced it.
*TLG-Auto Clear front turn signal/marker lights with clear/amber "Switchback" LEDs. LAST PIC.
*Brand New Battery, with warranty.

Will include a set of front suspension polyurethane bushings that I never had the chance to install, along with a 160 degree thermostat that is not installed. I was going to also put in a 160 degree fan switch, but never got around to ordering it.

Everything on the car works very well, engine is powerful and has a Spintech muffler, which sounds amazing.

The things that need attention:
*Temperature gauge is pegged off the scale. This was an issue that is inherent to ALL Fieros due to a design flaw in the factory. A new one costs about $60 and takes an hour to install.
*The oil pressure gauge bounces at idle. Again, it's a design flaw, but doesn't affect the car.
*Whoever installed the sunroof gasket after paint didn't do a very good job. It seals just fine and never leaks, but it's not flat. I'm going to try to pull it and reseat it, but I may not get it any better. It doesn't bother me, so I never messed with it.
*A/C works, but I think it's a little weak. It's an R-12 system, so you can either find a place that can recharge it, or just convert it to R-134a.
*Not sure, but the alternator may need replacement. It whines a little.
*One tiny hole (1/16") in the driver’s seat. Not sure from what, it was there when I bought it.

It's a 27 year old car. Minor things will crop up I'm sure.
I've changed the oil only 3 times since I've owned it, that's how little I've driven it. Always with Mobil 1 synthetic.

The car is clean, never smoked in, drives excellent, and is a blast to drive. I've had it up to 115 mph, and it's very stable.

I'm asking $5500, or best offer. I know what NADA says. This isn't a cheap beat-up car. This is for an enthusiast, collector or someone who knows how hard it is to find a great example of this car. This was my childhood dream-car, and I'm sure it was yours too. Isn't it time you finally had one?

I will be ready to show it starting Sunday 9/28. Please email for questions. I can show it anywhere you would like, within a reasonable distance. Cash only! We can go to your bank if it makes you comfortable to swap money and title there. I will smog it later this week when I have time, but if you wish to buy it before that, I am certain it will pass smog.

Located in North San Diego County.

Pictures and CL ad can be seen: Craigslist Ad

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)
next newest topic | next oldest topic

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay