Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  FS: 1988 PONTIAC FIERO GT - Fully Restored - 8K firm (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
FS: 1988 PONTIAC FIERO GT - Fully Restored - 8K firm by Gokart
Started on: 09-20-2014 05:50 PM
Replies: 42 (2786 views)
Last post by: Gokart on 03-16-2015 05:54 PM
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my....what having to put in a new 20K septic system will make you do
http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/4732088543.html
Pics do it no justice. This has been my baby for over 8 years. I'll never re-coup the $ I put into it but I have to put it out there.
Although I cannot bargain. If I do not get 8K then she's meant to keep!
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 10-29-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She's a beauty! Too bad you have to let her go. Good luck.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rsvl-Rider:

She's a beauty! Too bad you have to let her go. Good luck.

Thank-you! My wife and I just came back from the Pontiac Celebration show in RI and deliberated all the way home. She's the one that actually started crying. Maybe for me? Gotta do what I gotta do. It's my 5th so there's nothing stopping me from getting a 6th someday down the road.
We had a turn out of 21 Fiero's at the show today and may pick up another piece of hardware tomorrow. Anyone at the show can tell you how gorgeous this car is! Even better....I would drive it anywhere! Runs perfectly and doesn't leak a drop of anything!
Marc

------------------

Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2014 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Csjag:

Beautiful car

Thank-you! I've been so meticulous about everything I've done and have had done to my Fiero! I know it's not the best time of year to be selling a sports car but I'm hoping someone that loves Fiero's would like to own it and all the goodies she comes with. I want it to be in good hands and appreciated. I'd like to sell before the winter so if I do not get any interest here by next weekend I'll be putting it on e-bay.
Thanks, Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 09-21-2014).]

goofy8893

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goofy8893Send a Private Message to goofy8893Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marc,
She is a gorgeous car, If you were closer my gf is wanting an automatic one but with this new job I am starting I can't get there for awhile. Good luck on your sale, and I am sorry you have to let her go.
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Oh my....what having to put in a new 20K septic system will make you do"

Keep the car - rent a porta-jon!
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by goofy8893:
Marc,
She is a gorgeous car, If you were closer my gf is wanting an automatic one but with this new job I am starting I can't get there for awhile. Good luck on your sale, and I am sorry you have to let her go.

Thank-you and if I still have it when you're ready you could fly out here and drive it back! I would take this car cross country in a heartbeat!

Originally posted by steve308:
"Oh my....what having to put in a new 20K septic system will make you do"
Keep the car - rent a porta-jon!

We knew it was on it's way out years ago but we would just have it pumped as needed which was up to 3 times a year
Problem now is we want to sell this house/property. No title 5 certificate....no sale

steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"We knew it was on it's way out years ago but we would just have it pumped as needed which was up to 3 times a year
Problem now is we want to sell this house/property. No title 5 certificate....no sale "

When that stinks. - Had my septic system act up this summer but it appears that the problem was a damaged and semi collapsed distribution box (earthquake a couple of years ago was the cause) that sent all the liquids down a single line. Had to pay out a little under 3 grand but did so gladly as the estimate to replace it all was 20 grandish. Good luck with the sale of the house and the car.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2014 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steve308:

"We knew it was on it's way out years ago but we would just have it pumped as needed which was up to 3 times a year
Problem now is we want to sell this house/property. No title 5 certificate....no sale "

When that stinks. - Had my septic system act up this summer but it appears that the problem was a damaged and semi collapsed distribution box (earthquake a couple of years ago was the cause) that sent all the liquids down a single line. Had to pay out a little under 3 grand but did so gladly as the estimate to replace it all was 20 grandish. Good luck with the sale of the house and the car.

We have 2 issues that making ours cost so much.
1. We live with the "wetlands" in back of our property.
2. We have neighbors next door and across the street on well water!
Engineering fees alone will be over 3k. The new system will be moved from the side rear of our property to the front. We will need at least one pumping system which adds 3k to the total system cost

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2014 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to add I just got found out and received a plaque for 2nd place at the all Pontiac Celebration show in Warwick RI on Saturday
Added to "Accomplishments" on Craigslist ad.
PFF
System Bot
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
really nice car i read the description and what is the model of the tail light ?who made that ???thanks and bump
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 04:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtx:

really nice car i read the description and what is the model of the tail light ?who made that ???thanks and bump

JPH87 here on PFF! He made the plain panel and I installed the lights.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054051.html

fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

JPH87 here on PFF! He made the plain panel and I installed the lights.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054051.html

thanks a lot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice resto-mod. Good luck selling it.

------------------

lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
too bad it's an auto and still a 2.8... Otherwise I would have seriously considered it...
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2014 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
why couldn't this be for sale in march when I plan on buying.

dan
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:
Very nice resto-mod. Good luck selling it.

Thank-you and I like the "resto-mod" description! I may use that if you don't mind. I really shouldn't advertise it as "restored" because that would define that I've kept it stock...and it's far from it!

Originally posted by lou_dias:
too bad it's an auto and still a 2.8... Otherwise I would have seriously considered it...

I had a 5spd 88GT before this one but driving with a stick on Cape Cod in the summertime is a total drag. I wish too I had something beefier put in when I replaced the engine but I was on a tight budget. Well...I still am!

Originally posted by bonaduce:
why couldn't this be for sale in march when I plan on buying.
dan

Maybe it will be. I haven't had ANY offers yet. I decided I'm not going to list it on e-bay because of the outrageous fees they get. It won't be long now before it'll go into storage for the winter. Thing is....by March I may change my mind if we were able to swing the septic expenses without selling it

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2014 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT...
mental floss

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-05-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's wrong with Cape Cod driving in the summertime? Stop and go traffic?
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mental floss:

What's wrong with Cape Cod driving in the summertime? Stop and go traffic?

EXACTLY!!! Hard ever get to accerate the fun way! By the time the tourists are gone you got another month before it's time to put her away

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 10-05-2014).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EXACTLY!!! Hard ever get to accerate the fun way! By the time the tourists are gone you got another month before it's time to put her away

If you examine the Fiero market it is a small one and many of the people in the hobby are rather frugal.
There are a only small amount of people looking for mint stock Fieros but an even smaller amount looking for mildly body modified ones.
The main interest seems to come from people who want engine swap Fieros, 3800's, 4.9's, sbc V8s, LS4's etc

I hope that I am wrong about this but as beautiful as your car is, I don't see it selling for $8,000.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2014 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

If you examine the Fiero market it is a small one and many of the people in the hobby are rather frugal.
There are a only small amount of people looking for mint stock Fieros but an even smaller amount looking for mildly body modified ones.
The main interest seems to come from people who want engine swap Fieros, 3800's, 4.9's, sbc V8s, LS4's etc

I hope that I am wrong about this but as beautiful as your car is, I don't see it selling for $8,000.

I agree Dennis and thank-you! Big part of me doesn't wasn't want to sell but will if my price is met. Just hoping for for now that someone will like what I've done to mine so much it would be worth it to them. After spending close to 5K for the new engine and 4K for the paint job I really can't ask for any less. If she's still in storage come springtime and we are able to swing our new septic I'll probably be so glad I still have her! There won't be anymore "Sunday bumping" by then

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 10-05-2014).]

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't do it Marc!! (I hope the septic system costs get covered elsewhere aka. miracle)

------------------
Christian
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver - Under the knife
06 Cobalt SS/SC w/ LSD (the slow DD)

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2014 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Don't do it Marc!! (I hope the septic system costs get covered elsewhere aka. miracle)

Hey Christian! I may not. I do have a bite though from a local that saw the Craigslist ad and absolutely loves it! He offered $6500 plus his 86GT. I told him thanks but not interested in any trades and need 8K firm. He's going to try and sell his 86 for $2500 and will then have enough. We'll see!
You know me....can't go Fiero-less for long! If I sell I see a Formula with T-tops in the future. Totally stock so I don't get tempted into messing with it

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2014 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sunday bump up
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TTT:
I just received an e-mail from TFS today that I made the calendar again for 2015! 4th time in 8 years!
It's the best it's ever looked with the new paint.
Marc
Grabber Green

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grabber GreenSend a Private Message to Grabber GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh my....what having to put in a new 20K septic system will make you do
http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/4677746302.html
Pics do it no justice. This has been my baby for over 8 years. I'll never re-coup the $ I put into it but I have to put it out there.
Although I cannot bargain. If I do not get 8K then she's meant to keep!
Marc

Did you sell the Fiero? The link to Craigslist says, "This posting has expired."
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2014 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grabber Green:

Did you sell the Fiero? The link to Craigslist says, "This posting has expired."

No, not yet! Thanks for alerting me. Will edit and post here.
http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/4732088543.html

Grabber Green

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2014 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grabber GreenSend a Private Message to Grabber GreenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bump for a beautiful car.
PFF
System Bot
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2014 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grabber Green:

A bump for a beautiful car.

Thank you! I won't be driving it much more this year. It'll go into a friends garage for the winter!
Come spring if were financially stable after our septic upgrade I will likely have a change of heart ;-)
For anyone interested put it into your garage now before that happens!
I wish I could lower my price but I've put well over 8K into her.
Parts and all maintenance receipts saved!
Marc

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 11-05-2014).]

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent my dad an email, he's in Chatham (used to live in Falmouth). Hopefully he's interested.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2014 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

Sent my dad an email, he's in Chatham (used to live in Falmouth). Hopefully he's interested.

Hey...that's great thanks Christian! I currently have it in a garage at the condominium I manage.
He's welcome to come here and see it and take it for a ride if he wants!
I pm'd you my cell phone number

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 11-07-2014).]

Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still have my mind made up to sell! She's been garaged all winter and starting it up twice a week! May be willing to lower the price some. Spring is right around the corner I think

------------------

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ad expired again.
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2015 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tshark:

Ad expired again.

Thank-you!
http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/4916166480.html

hoddy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2015 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Gokart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Link changed again:
http://boston.craigslist.or.../cto/4929128763.html
Edited to 8K or best offer. I have a potential buyer coming to see it Monday that may give me 7.
I just found out that even a first time owner only needs to pass the safety inspection in Massachusetts. Which it will no problem. My hollowed out cat will not need to be replaced with a new one
hoddy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2015 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoddySend a Private Message to hoddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are the pictures you said you would send to me ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock