Really impressive Craigslist find - fauxrarri 85 SE by BabyEating Dingo
Started on: 09-08-2014 10:55 PM
Replies: 11 (641 views)
Last post by: E.Furgal on 09-11-2014 10:57 PM
BabyEating Dingo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyEating DingoSend a Private Message to BabyEating DingoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://sanantonio.craigslis.../cto/4632448743.html

Considering how sharp it looks 15k seems rather fair, if you're into that sort of thing. I've never heard of swapping in an Audi trans.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Porsche...

Bob
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is he asking 15K for it because it sounds like he is just stating that the drive train set-up alone cost 15K.
I don`t think an Audi 5-speed is a strong enough tranny for that motor unless you keep your foot out of it.

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 09-09-2014).]

Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
don't be too sure....I had an S5 with a 4 liter and a manual trans. It hauled ass !!!!! And I drove it hard.
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carl Calderone:

don't be too sure....I had an S5 with a 4 liter and a manual trans. It hauled ass !!!!! And I drove it hard.

Yea, I guess it would depend on the tranny.
I was thinking of the old 016
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fauxrrera GT for the win!!

I actually wouldn't be too surprised at his $15k estimate. Say he spent 2k on a transaxle and getting it checked and ready to go. then another 3k on the adapter and clutch/flywheel setup for the sbc. he could easily have 5k plus into a mild 383. Then all the fabrication little bits to mount it, and the CVs and so on. I could see this snowballing fast.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is a pretty car, not so hot on the hard top look, but real nice. One of the nicer looking kits I have seen.

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Fauxrrera GT for the win!!

I actually wouldn't be too surprised at his $15k estimate. Say he spent 2k on a transaxle and getting it checked and ready to go. then another 3k on the adapter and clutch/flywheel setup for the sbc. he could easily have 5k plus into a mild 383. Then all the fabrication little bits to mount it, and the CVs and so on. I could see this snowballing fast.

But I don't know how you can have 5k into a 383, well I guess if you don't know what to buy or who to buy from. But I guess those who can't,... blank check someone else to.

But again nice looking car.
TommyRocker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Decent rotating assembly, nice aluminum heads, fancy valve train. I'm guessing he probably paid an engine builder. Heck, paying someone to build it, 5k could be conservative. Which leads me to my next point... Why the heck are people still using the old SBC when lsx engines are so affordable and so much better?
TXGOOD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

Decent rotating assembly, nice aluminum heads, fancy valve train. I'm guessing he probably paid an engine builder. Heck, paying someone to build it, 5k could be conservative. Which leads me to my next point... Why the heck are people still using the old SBC when lsx engines are so affordable and so much better?

One word - simplicity
I like the old SBC just for the fact that with a carb, if the engine doesn`t run, it can only be a handful of things.
No computer to deal with.
Plus, the parts are affordable and you can find them in almost any parts store, regardless of the size of the store.
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not much into kits or replicas, but that is definitely an interesting car... seems like a darned fair price, too.
Csjag

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think he listed a price he just said lets talk. I don't see a convertible top, nice fair weather car though.
PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2014 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

That is a pretty car, not so hot on the hard top look, but real nice. One of the nicer looking kits I have seen.
But I don't know how you can have 5k into a 383, well I guess if you don't know what to buy or who to buy from. But I guess those who can't,... blank check someone else to.

But again nice looking car.

ahahaha
some people like to build engines correctly, and it's easy to spend 5k on a 383, when you use a forged crank, splayed cams, the machine work, a roller cam that is a grand right there.., heads ya, 5k goes up in smoke fast... those that build a 383 just to say they have one with junk parts and crap machine work, don't beat on them, they tend to be fairground queens..

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock