All parts needed for my 3800 SC swap by Adjustso3
Started on: 07-30-2014 12:59 AM
Replies: 13 (444 views)
Last post by: Spiders1 on 08-03-2014 10:30 PM
Adjustso3

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I'm looking for everything I'm gonna need to swap out the 2.8 to a 2001 3800 SC into my 1987 Fiero GT fastback. I have the engine, both harnesses, PCM. I'm going to use the 5 speed Getrag that's in the car already. I don't care if the parts
are new or used. Shipping is going to 14043. You can either PM me here, email me to adjustso3@yahoo.com, or text me at 716-807-7626. Thanks for your time.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Adjustso3:

Hey guys, I'm looking for everything I'm gonna need to swap out the 2.8 to a 2001 3800 SC into my 1987 Fiero GT fastback. I have the engine, both harnesses, PCM. I'm going to use the 5 speed Getrag that's in the car already. I don't care if the parts
are new or used. Shipping is going to 14043. You can either PM me here, email me to adjustso3@yahoo.com, or text me at 716-807-7626. Thanks for your time.

If going to pay to have harness done send it to Phonedawz
Get ur machined flywheel from FieroRog
If ur gonna low mount the Alt then FieroRog sells a nice setup well worth the money
Get ur poly mounts from Rodney Dickman
U will need a engine bracket...I have one new nevr used for $60 shipped
Use a SPEC 3 clutch or 3+.....

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. What bracket do you have ? Could you send me a pic of it ?
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Adjustso3

453 posts
Member since May 2014
I looked at Rodney's site. Which poly mounts do I need ? I thought I had to purchase engine and tranny mounts. I'm using the original 5 speed Getrag. Who sells the clutch upgrade ? Should I use the new aluminum cradle mounts that Rodney sells ? I'm most likely gonna need the harness done so thanks for the info. Definately low alt mount and machined flywheel. Who makes the engine and tranny mounts ? Or are Rodney's tyranny mounts what I need and what you were talking about ? Thanks again for your help and time.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I looked at Rodney's site. Which poly mounts do I need ? I thought I had to purchase engine and tranny mounts. I'm using the original 5 speed Getrag. Who sells the clutch upgrade ? Should I use the new aluminum cradle mounts that Rodney sells ? I'm most likely gonna need the harness done so thanks for the info. Definately low alt mount and machined flywheel. Who makes the engine and tranny mounts ? Or are Rodney's tyranny mounts what I need and what you were talking about ? Thanks again for your help and time.

U will need all 3 poly mounts Rodney offers which r 2 trans mounts and the engine mount. For a manual swap u reuse the Getrag trans brackets so all u need is the engine braket which is what I have. No picture but can get u one here in a few days. For the clutch search on google for the best price and make sure u order it for thr Getrag. Yes on the RD cradle mounts as they r well worth it. For the low mount and flywheel go with FieroRog on here as his parta r nice and well worth the money.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My site is http://reddevilriver.com and my email is gofast@reddevilriver.com

Timm

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great, sounds like a plan. I get paid every 2 weeks. Would you mind waiting two weeks to send you a money order ? Would you suggest new tranny mounts ? Thanks phonedawg for the reply also.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great, sounds like a plan. I get paid every 2 weeks. Would you mind waiting two weeks to send you a money order ? Would you suggest new tranny mounts ? Thanks phonedawg for the reply also.

Whenever ur ready for it I will have it ready togo....No ur tranny brackets already on trans will work fine.
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

My site is http://reddevilriver.com and my email is gofast@reddevilriver.com

Timm

There are lots of places to get Fiero parts, some good and some not so good, I've personally used quite a few. "BUT" there is "ONLY" one place I'd ever buy a custom harness and that's Timm aka Phonedawgz. Two slightly complicated complete harness's this year and both were shipped in the quoted time frame, both were top quality and both started on the first crank. Just my 2 cents.....
Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome on the engine bracket. I'll let you know when I have the $. Please PM me your phone number so I can text you. Also thanks for the info on the harness. Gonna start saving and have him do mine also. Another guy was recommended and he never replys to messages so I can imagine what his servise is like. I just have to so some reading about the ICM. I'm a little confused here. I thought all that was needed was the harness and computer from the 3800. Thanks again guys.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awesome on the engine bracket. I'll let you know when I have the $. Please PM me your phone number so I can text you. Also thanks for the info on the harness. Gonna start saving and have him do mine also. Another guy was recommended and he never replys to messages so I can imagine what his servise is like. I just have to so some reading about the ICM. I'm a little confused here. I thought all that was needed was the harness and computer from the 3800. Thanks again guys.

ICM harness is probably still on ur motor..Its a small harness that runs to 2 sensors on front of the engine then to the ICM..
PFF
System Bot
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan, (FIEROFLYER) also makes harnesses and is very nice. Nothing against phonedawgz, just other options.

I have been talking to Dan a lot about technical things for my 3800sc swap. I am using the factory 4 SPD in a '85 GT.
Without criticizing either member, I wish I knew the difference between using phonedawgz or FIEROFLYER for my swap harness.
I probably won't be doing the swap until next summer, I broke may ankle Memorial Day and have had some complications during the healing process, still can't walk all that well.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keeip it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
"Don't hate ... Carburate!"
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear ya Lou and Blue because I had back surgery a little while ago. Projects take longer to do and have to save forever due to not working. It sucks !!!!! I sent the guy you suggested for the harness several times and he never got back to me. Maybe some day he will.
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2014 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mustang you said fierorog is making low mounts? Just wanted to make sure it was the same guy I looked up.

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave