WTB a 1988 cradle set up for a 3800 SC engine by tnathan02
Started on: 06-27-2014 01:18 AM
Replies: 5 (262 views)
Last post by: fireboss on 06-30-2014 12:52 AM
tnathan02

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tnathan02Send a Private Message to tnathan02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking for a 1988 cradle set up for a 3800 SC engine with a 5 speed getrag trans. I am looking for one within driving distance of Georgia. I am looking for one in good condition that is not rusted out. I am looking for one with all of the mounts already welded/bolted in place, and test fited. I want to be able to powder coat if needed, mount my engine and trans, and install in my car. Please PM me what you have, the location, and the price.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FYI - I have never seen where anyone needed to modify the cradle's mounting points for a 3800SC2 swap. The brackets normally get bolted to the engine and mount to the stock motor and transmission mount locations on the cradle.

So all you need is an 88 cradle. I think the 88 4cyl 5spd has an extra mounting pad area on the driver's side. I don't think it gets in the way of a Getrag mounting to it though.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The '88 cradle from a 4 cyl / auto, has the extra mount pad on driver side, it does slightly interfere with the Getrag case but it can easily be removed with a grinder, air chisel.
tnathan02

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnathan02Send a Private Message to tnathan02Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. I am getting ready to start my swap and I am trying to have everything that I need before I start. I thought that I would have to weld the mounting brackets to the frame and I can't weld.
EvilSqueezles

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2014 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EvilSqueezlesSend a Private Message to EvilSqueezlesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shouldnt need to do any welding. As said before, if wanted, you can buy new poly/rubber stock motor mounts and bolt to your cradle. Then the prewelded conversion mounts bolt to the motor and then to the stock motor mounts. EZPZ. There will be some plumbing issues you will run into once you go to put the motor in the car. Things will need some reworking to go back to the stock locations. You can however get these all lined up in the correct spot as well. It has been done before so that it was pretty much a couple hour gig swapping them out once you pull the tired ole stocker motor.

~James
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2014 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a xtra 88 cradle all factory mounting points,and not sure if you were needing a Getrag--but got a couple for sale

and am in driving distance

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock